Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Sochi Games boycott by U.S. possible? (Snowden)

Banned
    now the outrage in US congress unlike the gay propaganda, the irony

Custom Title
    I still don't think we should boycott, for the athletes' sake. But I wish this Olympic Games was anywhere but Russia.

I truly love and appreciate and respect Russian culture. But IMO Putin is destroying this country, or at least its international reputation. His antigay legislation is a disgrace, his jailing and destruction of his political opponents is immoral, and his decision to shelter Snowden is not only deeply hypocritical but also beyond insulting to the U.S.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eyria View Post
    I still don't think we should boycott, for the athletes' sake. But I wish this Olympic Games was anywhere but Russia.

I truly love and appreciate and respect Russian culture. But IMO Putin is destroying this country, or at least its international reputation. His antigay legislation is a disgrace, his jailing and destruction of his political opponents is immoral, and his decision to shelter Snowden is not only deeply hypocritical but also beyond insulting to the U.S.
    and ??? the US harbors terrorists not only wanted in Russia but in by other countries and grants them asylum
    hypocrite much ? Snowden isn't a criminal btw

Custom Title
    But I wish this Olympic Games was anywhere but Russia.
    And I wished the 2008 summer Games was anywhere but China, yet they still went ahead, and that was with one of my country's athletes being told outright by the Chinese organising committee that they could not guarantee his safety!

Russia taking in Snowden is an insult to the U.S. only if the U.S. decides that it wants to feel insulted. The U.S. should tell Russia, do what you want, it's no skin off our nose one way or the other. Then they should tell Snowden (as Belle told Ebeneezer Scrooge), "Be happy in the life you have chosen."

Custom Title

Russians know what it's like when the country they are living in is being destroyed!! Lol! Last years or so soviet union first years of Russia under Yeltsin - or maybe always under yeltsin. Not even Talking about the nazi invasion! This just goes to show the whole longevity of Putin in power. Comparisons to recent history!

Custom Title
    If that idiot Snowden thought it was bad here i hope he enjoys mother Russia and all her "freedoms" He just better not piss off Putin or he will be in deep ****.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    If that idiot Snowden thought it was bad here i hope he enjoys mother Russia and all her "freedoms" He just better not piss off Putin or he will be in deep ****.
    same, your emails are already compromised but then again I read a recent survey , most Americans are actually indifferent to government spying and in some ways welcome government intrusion to 'feel safe', maybe he was wrong for exposing it in the first place as most Americans are unhappy with his cause and prefer government spy on them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twqyvw-h3ns
    about Russia, he already got an offer for a job from Pavel Durov, founder of vk ( Russian facebook )
    if you have an account you can register and maybe you can find snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    same, your emails are already compromised but then again I read a recent survey , most Americans are actually indifferent to government spying and in some ways welcome government intrusion to 'feel safe', maybe he was wrong for exposing it in the first place as most Americans are unhappy with his cause and prefer government spy on them
    I think most Americans are simply apathetic and consider this to be a non-issue. Everyone knows that the CIA, FBI, PDQ and everybody else (not to mention Microsoft, Google, etc.) are spying on them all the time. It is a little startling to realize the scope of this activity -- hundreds of billions of data on virtually every American -- but, oh well.

As for the politicians, they don't care either. They make speeches in the hope that something they say will fit on a bumper sticker for the next election.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I have to stress that the US spying on Americans is nothing new. Check out J. Edgar Hoover and his FBI's spying activities on Martin Luther King, the Quakers, civil rights leaders in general, and anti-war groups. Endless files were created. The difference today is that we have more extensive spying through better technology; that's all.

Custom Title
    I don't like that our government is spying on us. But in order to call attention to that, has this Snowden given information about us to the Russians? Gee, that makes me feel a lot more relaxed.

Custom Title
    I'm sensing a real life 007 movie is in the making. Snowden will probably have to hide and run from CIA for the rest of his life.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I have to stress that the US spying on Americans is nothing new. Check out J. Edgar Hoover and his FBI's spying activities on Martin Luther King, the Quakers, civil rights leaders in general, and anti-war groups. Endless files were created. The difference today is that we have more extensive spying through better technology; that's all.
    you should sign in for a vk account
    there are already 10 fake Snowden and parody accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I don't like that our government is spying on us. But in order to call attention to that, has this Snowden given information about us to the Russians?
    Yes. Now Mr. Putin knows that I called my Aunt Tilly three times in the month of July and my favorite Internet site is something called Golden Skate.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast