Thread: Project Runway - Season 12 Begins 7-18-13!!!

Hybrid View

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar

Project Runway - Season 12 Begins 7-18-13!!!

Custom Title
    I'm here watching. I just missed the first few minutes of the pre-show. Some very interesting clothing made by the contestants, though I fear that many of the interesting ones will be weeded out because their methods and techniques are too labor-intensive and time-consuming. Some of the contestants are also very stubborn. One doesn't know how to use a sewing machine. Another two don't believe that they really, truly have to create a garment that's made mostly of the parachute material. One contestant said that the parachute material is too hard to sew with. Tim said politely that this is why they were given this material as a challenge.

The runway show should be interesting. I have a few favorites already, some because of their clothes and some because of their personalities, but I don't know how they will fare yet. It's great to have the show back!

ETA: Cripes, there's one guy who's choreographing his model to tell a story of war and anguish as she kind of lurches across the runway....this is going to be one heck of a show.

Olympia, I can't wait for the runway show...exciting. What do you think about them having their own budget??? The 2 that have caught my eye are: Bradon McDonald and Jeremy Brandrick. We'll talk later!!!

Custom Title
    At this point, I'm sure we'll have a LOT to say. Someone is not completely covered. And then there's our friend the eco-conscious guy, who wouldn't let the hairstylist use "anything electrical" or any products with--well, any products at all, it seems. Luckily that girl is so stunning that she could proceed down the runway in a paper bag and look better than I ever looked in my entire life.

Did not agree with who got kicked off this week. It wasn't that the person wasn't lower, but not the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    And then there's our friend the eco-conscious guy, who wouldn't let the hairstylist use "anything electrical" or any products with--well, any products at all, it seems. Luckily that girl is so stunning that she could proceed down the runway in a paper bag and look better than I ever looked in my entire life.
    Can you tell me why he's wearing heels?? I think he should have gone home, his design was terrible. He got put in his place and I hope he's learned a lesson.

I agree heyang I think a couple of others should have gone home.

Custom Title
    I agree too, Heyang. I think they might have kept the other two bottom guys because their personalities will lead to sparks.

Dee, you called it well! Your favorite did a wonderful job. One of my faves, Sue Waller, also did well. I feared for her at first because she usually sews by hand and might not be able to keep up timewise (and indeed had to be helped with the machine), but her garment was stunning. She may be one of those original thinkers like Anya who really can deal with all the pressure and the weird assignments. I adore the silhouettes of her clothing that she showed at her audition: they were fitted but with interesting curves and structures, almost organic. I'd love to be able to make items like that. They're the kinds of articles that look good on a lot of people because they depend on beauty of line but aren't so revealing that you have to have a perfect body to wear them.

Interestingly, I was looking through a bunch of photos of Princess Diana from the early eighties, when shoulders and flounces were in (and some of those looks have dated badly). It's amazing how many of her more elaborate gowns had long sleeves. (Later, her clothes were more pared down.) I like the idea of more covered-up looks being elegant and even sexy. This might explain why I loved Christian Siriano's final runway show. It was mostly really exciting jackets and pants. Hey, I could have rocked those! (Well, not in any glamorous way....)