Project Runway - Season 12 Begins 7-18-13!!! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Project Runway - Season 12 Begins 7-18-13!!!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
but my gut tells me that Timothy needs to come off his cloud just long enough to get the basics down. Then he can really try to soar. Kelly Osbourne was spot on in calling him out on the simplicity of how he put together the jacket.

Part of me was rooting for the runner-up just to see the judges NOT go for the chic look for once.

Last thought: Gee, what a coincidence that Miranda and Timothy were paired! :rolleye:

You're right Layfan about Timothy and his designs. The sad thing is I don't think he got it. I think he thinks he was picked on and got the boot.

If you go to rate the runway, http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/season-12/rate-the-runway/episode-3#id=1
there are other designs that I thought were worse than Timothy & Miranda's like Alexander & Justin, Bradon & Karen.

I also know what you mean about Miranda & Timothy being paired...that part of Project Runway & Tim's gushing about how everyone is so close kind of makes me not like the show. The only thing is .... I really like watching them design.

Part of me was also rooting for the runner up. I just thought it was so creative as well as the styling of the model.

The runner-up was so clever! I completely agree. But that top dress elevated the level of the competition from novelty items to real design. I don't think there could have been any other outcome to this competition. Normally when you see the judges whispering during the actual runway show, you don't get much of a hint as to which item they prefer--maybe a smile, nothing more. But for this competition, they showed Kelly Osbourne saying that the dress was "[expletive] brilliant." And just to make sure we got the point, they printed her words as a subtitle. I suppose that could have been meant to throw us off, but the layered curves of the skirt couldn't be outdone by anything else in that group of outfits.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I thought the styling of the runnerup model was darn clever & awfully cute, but really, they just turned her into the NHK Domo mascot-NHK has had the thing for some time, and you see it as a prize in arcade games frequently, so I really saw it as clever, but not hyper creative. The winning dress was just gorgeous.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Well, it was lovely to see Helen win after she was so distraught last episode.
Dee, you could be right about Tim since he liked his look and actually thought it could win before realizing it was in the bottom three. aie.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
so I really saw it as clever, but not hyper creative. The winning dress was just gorgeous.

The reason I said it was very creative is that is what they designed from the arcade items and then had to find the materials to create it. In my humble opinion, I saw that as extremely creative. To me the winning dress was OK, I thought about the material and hopefully they lined the dress. That material could have been extremely scratchy. Again, I just thought it was a very old look, we've seen the style a million times.

This is why PR is such fun. Some of us see this dress as the class of the field, while others think that one is the best thing on the runway. Chacun a son gout! (I can't do accent marks on my home computer.)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Accent marks can be done on a home computer, but it is a wicked pest to do so:

This should work in any Windows word processor, text editor, browser or email client.

1. Make sure your keyboard is in NumLock mode.
2. Hold down the ALT key and enter the number on the numeric keypad. (Note that many laptops have a blue FN key that changes a set of keys, also with blue numbers on them, into a numeric keypad. On my laptop, it the function key is on the same key as Scrlck. You can tell if you have this option if on the right hand side of the keyboard, the last group of keys (890 on the top row, iop on the second row, kl; on the third row, and m (for the 0) on the bottom row of keys) also have numbers on them)

for Ç use 128
for ü use 129
for é use 130
for â use 131
for ä use 132
for à use 133
for å use 134
for ç use 135
for ê use 136
for ë use 137
for è use 138
for ï use 139
for î use 140
for ì use 141
for Ä use 142
for Å use 143
for É use 144
for æ use 145
for Æ use 146
for ô use 147
for ö use 148
for ò use 149
for û use 150
for ù use 151
for ÿ use 152
for Ö use 153
for Ü use 154
for á use 160
for í use 161
for ó use 162
for ú use 163
for ñ use 164
for Ñ use 165
for ¿ use 168
for ¡ use 173

It also can be done on a Mac
http://french.about.com/od/writing/ss/typeaccents_8.htm

I haven't tested it on a Mac, but the Windows version works for me. The letter (with its accent) registers as soon as you release the Alt key. The first time I tried it, I kept holding the key down and waiting for something to happen, getting frustrated ;) Not how it works.

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
I loved the winning outfit, especially the top and I really liked the other top 2 outfits, too. The top 3 really embraced the challenge while others didn't as much. I thought one of the 2 bottom ladies should have gone home because their's weren't as well constructed as the guy's outfit. They were lucky Sandro imploded.

I can understand the guy's frustration at being in the bottom or middle, but he really does come off as a diva. I wonder if he quit or if he violated a rule???

Layfan

Record Breaker
My guess is that physical assault is a violation of a PR rule so yes, Sandro probably got kicked out for smashing that camera. Geez. I thought at the beginning of the episode that it would end up with his leaving but I thought they would have some kind of vote to bring back one of the eliminated designers, including whoever got eliminated on this episode. I'm glad they didn't do that! This was much classier.

See ya, Sandro.

The rest of the episode: AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! How amazing was Bradon's proposal? Soooooo romantic and it couldn't have come across as more genuine.

Also, I agree with the win. Watching them in the work room I thought it would be Dom, whose outfit I also loved, but when I saw Bradon's walk down I knew immediately it would be him. I need to go back and look at that top because I still don't know how he managed to make such a skimpy thing cover up in the right places and be so tasteful.

heyang

Record Breaker
The rest of the episode: AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! How amazing was Bradon's proposal? Soooooo romantic and it couldn't have come across as more genuine.

How could I forget the proposal?! Actually 2 proposals!

I loved Dom's dress, too and thought it would win until I saw Bradon's on the runway. While Kate's was more discreet, it was also very well thought out. But Bradon and Dom really embraced the marriage equality in addition to the ties.

Doris, I swear I wrote a post thanking you for the accents, but I don't see it here. Was it one of the ones that was eaten up? In any case, thanks so much, and I've saved your post in a document on my desktop.

As for this week's outfits--I completely agree with Bradon's win. It isn't just the wonderful choices of ties and the design of that top. It's also the fabric he used for the skirt and jacket. The warmth of the colors playing off against one another came right through the screen. He and his partner seem like such great guys. What a wonderful thing that they both proposed.

Years ago there was some sort of questionnaire asked of some celebrities in Vogue Magazine. They were supposed to say what certain words made them think of. One of the words was "love." I will always remember the response of one of the people: I think it was Marietta Tree. She said, "Love seems to be the answer. What's the question?"

I also loved Dom's dress and several of the others. I was actually afraid that this would be another "novelty" set of designs, but most of the garments were very graceful. Many people devised a very witty use of ties. But the things that drew me almost like a magnet to Bradon were the colors and the textures. Were it not for the briefness of the bowtie top, I'd wear this outfit.

As for Sandro, yikes! This guy was a powder keg almost from the start. His speech patterns were aggressive, even combative. The fact that he felt that Zac Posen was somehow an adversary was very unsettling. I'm glad he's out of there, because he was clearly ready to react physically.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought Zac was pretty brave to stand up to Sandro. It would have made for some good drama if Sandro went after Zac....Tim would have broken up the fight. :biggrin:

I really did think that Dom was going to win. Her dress was spectacular...as far as the sewing.

Bradon's outfit was special with the handsewing of the bowties.

I loved the proposal too.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Doris, I swear I wrote a post thanking you for the accents, but I don't see it here. Was it one of the ones that was eaten up? In any case, thanks so much, and I've saved your post in a document on my desktop.

As for this week's outfits--I completely agree with Bradon's win. It isn't just the wonderful choices of ties and the design of that top. It's also the fabric he used for the skirt and jacket. The warmth of the colors playing off against one another came right through the screen. He and his partner seem like such great guys. What a wonderful thing that they both proposed.

Years ago there was some sort of questionnaire asked of some celebrities in Vogue Magazine. They were supposed to say what certain words made them think of. One of the words was "love." I will always remember the response of one of the people: I think it was Marietta Tree. She said, "Love seems to be the answer. What's the question?"

I also loved Dom's dress and several of the others. I was actually afraid that this would be another "novelty" set of designs, but most of the garments were very graceful. Many people devised a very witty use of ties. But the things that drew me almost like a magnet to Bradon were the colors and the textures. Were it not for the briefness of the bowtie top, I'd wear this outfit.

As for Sandro, yikes! This guy was a powder keg almost from the start. His speech patterns were aggressive, even combative. The fact that he felt that Zac Posen was somehow an adversary was very unsettling. I'm glad he's out of there, because he was clearly ready to react physically.

I had the same thought - I could never get away wearing that top myself but I'd love to have the shorts and jackets to pair with something else.

heyang

Record Breaker
Thought Braden's team was better than the winning team. It was close, but I'd flip it and give Braden the win.

Was surprised that only 1 person went home, but don't mind that the person remains.

I missed the last 15 minutes and can't stay up to see the rerun. I'll have to read about it. I could watch but not listen, because a friend called me up. But the outfits looked interesting.

I finally saw the show in entirety. I think Braden's team was wonderful, as was the winning team, and I was happy that so many of the designers managed to come up with such wonderful outfits. I didn't actually like the bodice of the winning dress--I found the "cleavage" kind of ungraceful--very pointy and meager. But I can see that the masterful tailoring won the day. I did love the textures of all the outfits. Using poppy seeds and goji berries for "glitter"--fabulous! And ooh, I want to see a wallpaper store like that.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I will wait for a while but am a little confused about the show.

OK, here's my problem why was Tim crying when he knew he was going to save Justin. I also think Nina's comments were sooooooooo inappropriate. I'm tired right now of the show being about Heidi & Nina and their comments. Zac is not quite as bad yet and no where near as bad as Michael K. I love watching the designers design and the runway show....isn't that what the show is all about??? Karen & Ken's designs were clearly worse than Justin's, so why all the drama??? Karen seemed like she didn't even realize her design was bad. The left shoulder on Alexandria's dress was driving me crazy but I'm glad she won. I really liked Helen & Dom's designs.

I was not as fond of the winner's design. I liked the idea (a tunic and pants) but not the execution, and it didn't seem to reflect nature very much to me. Glad you liked it, though. I preferred the one of the trees at midnight and one or two of the others. I'm surprised no one used green.

I don't know why Tim was crying, but it almost made his save look like an impulsive move. I'm glad Justin is still there, though. He's very interesting. Did you see how popular he is with the others? They all rushed up to comfort him, which I'm not sure I remember seeing to quite that degree before. I know it's not probable that he'll be in the finals, but wouldn't you love to meet his family? They sounded wonderful in that Skype.