Project Runway - Season 12 Begins 7-18-13!!! | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Project Runway - Season 12 Begins 7-18-13!!!

I was really thrilled with Dom's dress, and I liked Braden's outfit as well, with that great jacket. They're probably my two favorite designers overall. I also like their temperaments.

heyang

Record Breaker
I don't know what Kate was thinking. Her print was not interesting and those gauzy panels were awful and the construction was not her best. From an overall perspective, I would've preferred that Alexander be eliminated, but I can understand why the judges sent Kate home.

I hope Helen's self-confidence isn't as low as displayed on this episode although the reactions of some of the other designers indicate that she needs support during every task.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know what Kate was thinking. Her print was not interesting and those gauzy panels were awful and the construction was not her best.

It's like Kate gets to a point and for some reason she's not the same designer, I don't know if she gets overconfident or what. If I remember correctly she did the same thing in her season and was sent home. It didn't seem like she wasn't happy with her design. The look on her face when Heidi said I don't like it.

There's a rumor going around that there's drama during fashion week and someone not showing up...has anyone else heard it???

Wow! No, I didn't hear. I hope they chose four finalists, if that's the case. Otherwise, it'll be a two-horse race.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It's like Kate gets to a point and for some reason she's not the same designer, I don't know if she gets overconfident or what. If I remember correctly she did the same thing in her season and was sent home. It didn't seem like she wasn't happy with her design. The look on her face when Heidi said I don't like it.

There's a rumor going around that there's drama during fashion week and someone not showing up...has anyone else heard it???

Ken had a hissy fit backstage and refused to let his collection walk the runway, saying he wasn't "ready" to show his stuff.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
On one of the blogs I read it says that most of the designers show at fashion week which takes the thrill out of winning. As far as most of the designers showing, I don't know if PR pays or the designers themselves.

heyang

Record Breaker
On one of the blogs I read it says that most of the designers show at fashion week which takes the thrill out of winning. As far as most of the designers showing, I don't know if PR pays or the designers themselves.

I think at least the top 6 have runway shows. 3 of them can't win the overall prize for the season of PR, but give shows so that the general public won't know who the final 3 are. This allows PR to tape and edit without having to take a break from airing new episodes.

During earlier seasons, there was usually a week or 2 without a new episode as they recorded the runway shows and then had to edit before airing. Also got hard to keep it secret about the actual final 3, etc. THus, top 6 = runway

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Olympia, interesting read. I would love to see the dress they are talking about in the article that has the surprise, but it probably won't air. Interesting they didn't say anything about two of the designers in the final 5.

Dee, after the finale, you might be able to find more about it on the PR website. They often show extras because they know that we fans are so eager for every drop of information.

Oh, man, I love Dom's final avant-garde look! Oh, those prints together. And that coat! There are two other looks I just adore. All in all, a stupendous show.

Dom's was the best. Plus, this was the only dress that looked like a butterfly. Brandon's was too weird, but I guess that's what the judges were looking for.

heyang

Record Breaker
I was surprised that Alexandra wasn't eliminated, but I guess Heidi saved her.

Dom and Braden definitely had the most avant garde looks. Alexandria and Helen definitely did not have avant garde looks as they both look similar to many things that have done before. I'm gonna guess that Braden's avant garde look was definitely pushing it a bit more than Dom's as far as being over the top. Justin had a good avant garde look too, but was less over the top than Dom and Braden.

I do think Dom had the hardest makeover and did a great job with it.

Golly, that coat of Dom's, and the profusion of prints she used. This is one clever designer! She may end up being one of my favorites ever, whether she wins or loses. Math, I agree that her outfit looked the most like a butterfly. Braden's outfit was very avant-garde, which is what the judges were looking for, so I understand why they gave it the win, but it's clear that they were also crazy about Dom's ensemble. Man, I want that coat.

I didn't want to go into too much detail before more of you checked in, in case you hadn't yet seen the episode. But now I can say that I loved Justin's combination of cloak and dress and thought that he should have also been assured of the third spot in the final. If the producers had wanted suspense, they should have had a runoff between the other two at the final...but I gather that Heidi just loves Alexandria. Well, that's all right; we'll just get to see more dresses next week.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Dom has a great eye--even better than Mondo's I think (but then again I was never a big fan of Mondo). Whether she wins or loses, a 'name' designer would be very smart to offer her a job after the competition. Yes, Diane Von Furstenberg, I'm looking at you...

Braden on the other hand is this year's Daniel Vosevic.

Do you mean talented, competent, and consistent, but not heart-stopping? I'm not entirely sure I agree, but I think I see what you're getting at. Daniel V. was a favorite of mine, and I was actually hoping he'd win in his year.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
More that Daniel V was so good at being extremely creative within the strictures of a particular challenge, but then his final collection was all rather pedestrian. It was such a disappointment - like how I feel watching V/M's new FD. I've seen Braden's final collection, and it sort of struck me as similar to Daniel V in that it just wasn't as creative as the work he did in the challenges. And in at least two pieces he replicated a problem he had with some of the challenges: relying too much on a showy technique at the expense of the overall design.