Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway - Season 12 Begins 7-18-13!!!

Custom Title
    I'll give it a try!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I've been a Tom & Lorenzo fan for years

Custom Title
    I just found it. What a great site! Seeing Dom's collection, I am relieved, because I like it a lot. But none of the groupings knocks me out the way Michelle's did last season, or Christian Siriano's did in his year.

I found the site, too. http://tomandlorenzo.com/category/television

I think my favorite dress was Braden's blue one with the floral print.

I agree that none of the collections stood out for me as in liking a majority of outfits from a single collection.

Didn't like Helen's.

Custom Title
    Yay! More Bitter Kittens! It really is a great site. I was rereading some of the Musical Monday posts and laughing my head off. Wickedly funny. Glad you enjoy!

So who do you think will be the one person they'll eliminate next week? Because I'm betting they'll do a 4 person finale. I suspect it might be Helen (I can just hear Michael Kors saying, why are they wearing vagina loincloths?)...

Custom Title
    Most of the designers I wanted are in the finale! There were some gorgeous dresses shown on this semifinal episode. What did everyone think about the three contenders for the last runway spots? I pretty much agreed with the judges.

Custom Title
    HA! HA! I called it. I just had a feeling Helen would be aufed.

Well Justin's test tube dress was the win of the night for me.

Custom Title
    Me, too, Ankles.

But when I look at the actual final collections on that blog site you told me about, I found pretty much all of them disappointing. Dom didn't do a single dress that approached the gorgeous coat/jumpsuit combination she conjured up last week, but no one else did either. To me there's no clear winner.

Custom Title
    Olympia I completely agree. I was pleasantly surprised by Justin's collection because it was miles in quality above what he produced on the show. But as a NYFW collection? It's a bit high end department store for that. Same with all the other designers. Some really nice individual pieces, but nothing that says High End COLLECTION. I know alot of people were turned off by Michelle's personality last season (I actually really liked her), but that was a COLLECTION.

My gut feeling is that Dom will probably get it--despite the Diana Ross in Mahogany styling--but that's just my initial gut feeling. And if not Dom, then Justin.

Custom Title
    My feeling is that Dom had to wait so long for the fabrics that she didn't have enough time to devote to the actual construction of the clothing. Everything looked pretty much the same. One problem with bold prints is that if the dresses are too simple, they tend to look like resort wear.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    My feeling is that Dom had to wait so long for the fabrics that she didn't have enough time to devote to the actual construction of the clothing. Everything looked pretty much the same. One problem with bold prints is that if the dresses are too simple, they tend to look like resort wear.
    [cough]Anya[cough cough]

Custom Title
    I have to agree about Anya for the most part, although her clothes at least had flow and an intriguing silhouette. She had a wonderful design eye, but her sewing skills were predictably limited. After all, she was a self-taught dressmaker who had only been sewing for a few months, I believe.

One thing that always amuses me is when the show introduces some guy as an important hair/make-up personality. My favorite one so far: the guy who is a "global consultant" on nail polish. Global. So he's a bigger honcho than, say, a regional nail expert or a national nail expert? Is this guy boffo in Belgium?

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I have to agree about Anya for the most part, although her clothes at least had flow and an intriguing silhouette. She had a wonderful design eye, but her sewing skills were predictably limited. After all, she was a self-taught dressmaker who had only been sewing for a few months, I believe.

One thing that always amuses me is when the show introduces some guy as an important hair/make-up personality. My favorite one so far: the guy who is a "global consultant" on nail polish. Global. So he's a bigger honcho than, say, a regional nail expert or a national nail expert? Is this guy boffo in Belgium?
    Ha! It's true. They take product placement to another galactic level on this show. Even yogurt and bottled water are supposed to be artistic muses.

I was very excited to see the final collections but now am a bit wary after reading the comments from those who peeked. I agree with the judges on the final three although I have to admit that I couldn't get excited about Justin's looks other than the unconventional one, which was spectacular. I did love his necklaces. Alexandria's clothes work well enough for me but she is a one-note. It's too much of the same thing - chic grunge. It's a bit like the woman who goes overboard with wearing a long ethnic skirt with the poofy ethnic blouse and then a whole bunch of beaded bangles. I wish Alexandria would use her grunge inspiration more subtly, just hint at it in her designs. But I think she has to get it out of her system. Still, she seems like a work horse and an interesting person. I'm glad she made it.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I like all the designers so whoever wins, I'm OK with it. I'm just glad that Helen isn't a part of it. Even though I like some of her clothes, I got so tired of her when Tim would critique she would say....I worked 2 days on my look and you don't like it!!!! I don't know what to do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I like all the designers so whoever wins, I'm OK with it. I'm just glad that Helen isn't a part of it. Even though I like some of her clothes, I got so tired of her when Tim would critique she would say....I worked 2 days on my look and you don't like it!!!! I don't know what to do now.
    The last few weeks of the season definitely had lots of clips that demonstrated that Helen was a lot more insecure than the other designers. I got tired of her drama, too.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast