Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Project Runway - Season 12 Begins 7-18-13!!!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    OTOH, the job Helen did on the Superfan challenge dres was really great I hope she has gained some much needed self confidence from her win. I also hope Miranda takes a lesson from Helen's Superfan Jamie and goes with that look instead of what she was sporting during her time before being aufed (I was so struck by how much Jamie looked like Miranda )

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    OTOH, the job Helen did on the Superfan challenge dres was really great I hope she has gained some much needed self confidence from her win. I also hope Miranda takes a lesson from Helen's Superfan Jamie and goes with that look instead of what she was sporting during her time before being aufed (I was so struck by how much Jamie looked like Miranda )
    You know, you're right! I hadn't made that connection before.

Helen did do some wonderful clothes and won quite a few of the challenges. But I imagine that if she wants to work in the fashion industry, she'll need to develop some behavioral skills that she doesn't yet have. She can't be a shrinking violet and run a fashion house or a business.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    They have a marathon going on today. One of the things I didn't see as clearly as I am today is they focused a lot on the drama. I would like to see more of the techniques used but I guess drama sells. Can't wait for tonight's finale.

Anyone surprised??

Custom Title
    I was a bit surprised because from the actual final collections, I stopped being sure. But I'm glad about the winner! The final show was a lot better than I thought it would be from the advance photographs. Some of the outfits were wonderful. I was a lot more impressed with Alexandria's than I had been. You can see Justin's architectural background in his interesting clothing. Also, this was also an especially likable quartet, I thought. They are all so nice.

One thing I was sorry about with Dom's collection was that there wasn't much variety of shape. Also, the Tide dress used prints and solids in such a wonderful way that I wished that she had combined them in some other garments. Some of those prints were so huge and dominant that I couldn't see many people wearing them. But I do love her work, and I am glad she did so well.

Custom Title
    I have decided that the peplum is to the 20teens what the pouf skirt and neon was to the 1980s. It's going to date horribly in 20 years. So will sheer overlays over mini skirts/shorts.

Yup, Bradon is the new Daniel V. Why don't shiny shiny satins ever really work in final collections? They're like the Dowager Countess of PR fabrics.

I still think Alexandra should have won--it was the most cohesive collection (you can now call me a fan of slouch chic). But Dom is such a sweetheart I was glad she took it. In fact, this was such a strange season, with some of THE most unlikeable people ever and some real sweethearts. On the whole, though, I thought it was one of the best finals they've had. Certainly the best overall since Lifetime took over the franchise.

Custom Title
    Is Dom the first African American winner? I think she might be.

One thing that struck me, partly because Alexandria is so tall, is how petite Dom, Helen, and Kate are. Dom is a real powerhouse, though--what a sparkling personality, and she seems to be able to get attention without being either outrageous or mean. I noticed her upbeat attitude from just about the first episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Is Dom the first African American winner? I think she might be.
    On one of the blogs there was quite a discussion about whether she would be the first Black American to win or whether Justin would be the first Deaf American to win.

WeakAnkles, I also liked Alexandria's collection. There is just something about her designs that intrigue me. Glad to see you're a fan too.

Did anyone watch the reunion??? I thought it was very interesting. I also like it because Tim was the only one involved with the designers.

Custom Title
    I watched part of it and then got a phone call. I was surprised at how nice and how outgoing Ken was. I guess he's one of those folk who is two people. (His mother made some reference to that in a phone call they showed.) The bad guy leaps out and then just goes dormant after an outburst.

I hope they show it online; I'd like to see the rest.

Custom Title
    Well I think that was the closest Mr Gunn has ever gotten to really losing it on air. But I do think that all "reality" shows are, to a large extent, sculpted if not scripted. Interesting how Ken came off far less crazy than he did on the show, but Helen, Alexander, and Jeremy came off worse (I was particularly surprised at how bitter Alexander--who was one of my 'personalities' of the season--appears to be about the whole thing).

Yes Olympia--the episode is up on the projectrunway.com site. They usually only keep it up for a week, so check it out while you can. One of the more interesting of the reunion shows, that's fer shure!

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    One of the more interesting of the reunion shows, that's fer shure!
    WeakAnkles, I thought it was too. I was surprised at Alexander too. Although, I kind of agree with them and I was surprised at Tim's response; which was dismissing them. It was their opinion. I was also surprised at how Helen was trying to make Alexandria say things. Why do you care???

This cast continues to be more interesting than some of the other past casts. There was definitely more tension amongst them.

I do agree that the judges will have their favorites - after all, they are human. Each likes certain styles and looks - all you can ask is that they be open minded to new looks, etc. That's why there are multiple judges. Someone like Alexandria should probably appreciate that since it was Heidi who likely put her I the final 4.

As one of you mentioned, I don't think reality is scripted, but it's definitely sculpted. The more 'boring' seasons are he one's where everyone is 'nice' all of the time - no drama. The cast makes the show - the producer's don't force them to do or say anything, but they will definitely highlight the 'best' and 'worst'.

I think Ken knows that he has anger issues and that's 1/2 the battle towards managing them. He at least realizes that he overreacts. ....and as every cast has pointed out, it's exhausting, which seldom brings out the best in every one.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12