Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway - Season 12 Begins 7-18-13!!!

Custom Title
    I can't say I would have chosen the winner the judges chose this week. I actually think Ken's garment was superior. Nothing really stood out to me, except that I disliked most of the shoes.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I can't say I would have chosen the winner the judges chose this week.
    Thank you Olympia, I thought I was the only one that went...Huh??...when they chose it.

I liked Alexander's plaid pants, knowing how hard it can be working with plaids. As an aside, I think his model is absolutely beautiful!!

I thought Justin's look was more updated than the winner's.

I like Dom's dress with all the work she put into it.

Custom Title
    Alexander's plaid pants seemed very well done, though I'm getting a bit sick of red plaid. I prefer Black Watch tartan, myself. I love that his name is the same as the poet's. I wonder whether his parents consciously gave him that first name.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Well, I didn't like Ken's look. I'm a bit tired of those peblum skirts or whatever they are called. It seems like a go-to when designers decide they want to do something "fashion forward" or avant-guard. I'd have put Justin in the top in instead. It wasn't perfectly made but I kept wanting to look at it. It reminded me of a character in a movie. Some sort of larger-than-life woman with a drink in her hand who comes out to greet her guests with a "yes, I'm wearing this" attitude.
    I'm fine with Helen's win because of the cape. Most capes are a bad idea. I'd actually wear that cape without fearing like I looked ridiculous. And it was just head-to-toe put together with the shoes. Still, I would have maybe chosen Alexandria. The more I looked at her outfit the more I appreciated how creative you have to be to actually make something that shows off those shoes without it looking like a disaster. And kudos to her for daring to go right to them. I would have NEVER chosen them.

Whatever, though, I too was not wowed by anything this episode. The only thing I felt strongly about was Karen's. I was annoyed she wasn't on the botton. Bleh. Matchy Matchy, ill fitting and boring. Oh, and ugly. So far I have yet to enjoy anything she has designed.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Was Karen's the one with the yellow shoes? That was the outfit I hated the most this week.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Was Karen's the one with the yellow shoes? That was the outfit I hated the most this week.
    Yes, Doris. Karen's Outfit

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Yeah that's it. I liked Miranda's & Braden's offerings better than that.

Custom Title
    This week is activewear, which I don't enjoy mainly because of the colors available in sweat fabric. Oh, well. Someone always manages to surprise me with a design.

Meanwhile, on Bravo, the original PR channel, they seemed to be having a PR marathon this morning. I got to watch some of the episodes from Season 1, one of the best in my estimation, the one with Jay McCarroll, Kara Saun, and Austin Scarlett, three of my favorite designers ever. Jay was wonderful, but I really loved Kara's designs and wanted her to win. And Austin was fabulous; it's splendid that he ended up working for a bridal designer.

Meanwhile, on Bravo, the original PR channel, they seemed to be having a PR marathon this morning. I got to watch some of the episodes from Season 1, one of the best in my estimation, the one with Jay McCarroll, Kara Saun, and Austin Scarlett, three of my favorite designers ever. Jay was wonderful, but I really loved Kara's designs and wanted her to win. And Austin was fabulous; it's splendid that he ended up working for a bridal designer.
    Olympia, I was able to watch today as well. One of the things I noticed on Jay's skirt design was the layered look that has been so popular in the last couple of years. Wasn't the original PR about 10 years ago???

Also just wanted to say...tonight I am not getting the judges pick at all.

Custom Title
    Well, I did like the jacket. But overall, I would have given the win to the runner-up.

Yes, Jay was on about 10 years ago. His final show was wonderful, though he seems not to have the business sense that one needs to work in fashion. Christian Siriano was clearly the complete package (his year is my other favorite). Kara Saun has had a good career doing red-carpet fashions, dressing other celebrities, and I think doing costumes for television shows, but there's really no recent sign of Jay that I could find online. That futuristic fashion show that was done in Jay and Kara's season was amazing, especially Kara's long coat. I bet she would do knockout steampunk attire.

Custom Title
    For last night's show, I thought Ken or whatever her name is who made the dropped crotch pants (again) should have been off. Who on earth would buy dropped crotch pants for workout wear? Seriously. And her claims that you could move in them, yeah, no, honey. The model could only stretch as far as the pants were wide. You're not going to be doing yoga, pilates or even just running on a treadmill in those. My favorite workout is a ballet barre class and you aren't going to be getting your leg on the barre in those things.

And Ken's...an awkwardly long tank top and some pants. Whatever.

I loved Kate's jacket. I would have bought that. Helen's winning one, not so much.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by louisa05 View Post
    For last night's show, I thought Ken or whatever her name is who made the dropped crotch pants (again) should have been off. Who on earth would buy dropped crotch pants for workout wear? Seriously. And her claims that you could move in them, yeah, no, honey. The model could only stretch as far as the pants were wide. You're not going to be doing yoga, pilates or even just running on a treadmill in those. My favorite workout is a ballet barre class and you aren't going to be getting your leg on the barre in those things.

And Ken's...an awkwardly long tank top and some pants. Whatever.

I loved Kate's jacket. I would have bought that. Helen's winning one, not so much.
    And what's more, dropped crotch pants are ugly. They make such an unattractive silhouette on anyone, male or female. Not only that, her execution of them was uneven and especially droopy.

I liked Helen's jacket, but I liked Kate's whole ensemble--beautifully thought out and coordinated, and unusually interesting-looking for actionwear. Kate is getting more and more impressive, and it's turned out to be a great idea that she was brought back to the show. She's behaved well, and she's produced beautifully made and creative clothing.

Custom Title
    And what's more, dropped crotch pants are ugly. They make such an unattractive silhouette on anyone, male or female. Not only that, her execution of them was uneven and especially droopy.
    Absolutely! I figured the fact that they were fugly and badly made went without saying.

I don't know this and am just asking a question. Aren't the hip hop dancers wearing these??

I liked Kate's whole ensemble.
    I was surprised that Kate wasn't the winner that's why I said I'm not understanding the judging. Ken should have been sent home just for being nasty. Helen should have been sent home just for being a trouble maker.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I don't know this and am just asking a question. Aren't the hip hop dancers wearing these??
    You know, that's a good question. Now that you mention it, I remember there were some earlier hip hop artists wearing similar pants, but the drop section wasn't as abrupt--it flowed with the rest of the lines. And are they still wearing them, or do they just wear loose jeans? Anyway, it didn't work for me at all (or as the Irish say, at all at all) in this outfit.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast