Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway - Season 12 Begins 7-18-13!!!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    From the previews, it looks like Ken has a melt down. Yikes, I sure hope his client likes his design!!!

Custom Title
    You mean tonight? Oh, goodness...doesn't that guy know how he's coming across on the air?

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    You mean tonight? Oh, goodness...doesn't that guy know how he's coming across on the air?
    I know Olympia, he could have ruined everything for himself. If he has a condition he should be seeking help. Remember when he called his mother and she asked if that other side appeared yet.

Custom Title
    The moment that got me was when Heidi teased him during the judging, and he pursed his lips and looked stern, as if the judges had committed some sort of infraction against him. Does he not get that he is lower down on the totem pole than the judges and the producers of this program? Talk about wasting your energy--taking offense at a show's judges for failing to recognize that you should be the champ.

I'm watching the rerun, and there's Ken casting a cold eye on the judges. He speaks contemptuously of the plaid dresses. I don't like the plaids either, mind you, but Ken talks as if he's the only one in the room who understands the Southern woman. So he thinks he understands this better than the man who's a top official of Belk's? Now, that's effrontery.

Custom Title
    I LOVE THIS CHALLENGE! I'm jealous of the ladies. Hey, this could have been us.

After seeing the meltdown, Alexander was probably as douchy as Ken. I'm gonna guess that Ken as anger issues when he feels he's being bullied.

For me the tope 4 should be Dom, Helen, Kate and Braden.

The moment that got me was when Heidi teased him during the judging, and he pursed his lips and looked stern, as if the judges had committed some sort of infraction against him.
    I would have loved it if Ken said to Heidi....You Need to SHUT UP, I'm speaking right now!!!

Am I mistaking or did they let Ken have his own place...alone???

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I would have loved it if Ken said to Heidi....You Need to SHUT UP, I'm speaking right now!!!

Am I mistaking or did they let Ken have his own place...alone???
    Yes, Dee, I think they let Ken sleep in his own room. A man who is not a team player!

I think I'll give Alexander the benefit of the doubt; we don't know how long Ken sat there ironing in the doorway while Alexander was trying to go inside, which is not just a hugely hostile act but also extra frustrating if you've been sleep-deprived and just want to get settled in. At that point in the competition, everyone's probably not wrapped too tightly. But what a situation! You never see the behind-the-scenes staff on camera, and last night we did. Things must have been pretty dire. Tim did an amazing job of explaining and smoothing down the situation. I'm also pleased that everyone resolved to let it pass specifically because it was the fans' week and they didn't want to spoil the ladies' experience.

Weren't the fans wonderful? I love that one who said, "Well, Nina will say this, and so we have to be careful of that..." This was an inspired challenge.

I agree with Heyang about the four finalists. I hope this is whom we'll end up with.

Custom Title
    \
    I think I'll give Alexander the benefit of the doubt; we don't know how long Ken sat there ironing in the doorway while Alexander was trying to go inside, which is not just a hugely hostile act but also extra frustrating if you've been sleep-deprived and just want to get settled in. At that point in the competition, everyone's probably not wrapped too tightly. But what a situation! You never see the behind-the-scenes staff on camera, and last night we did. Things must have been pretty dire. Tim did an amazing job of explaining and smoothing down the situation. I'm also pleased that everyone resolved to let it pass specifically because it was the fans' week and they didn't want to spoil the ladies' experience.

Weren't the fans wonderful? I love that one who said, "Well, Nina will say this, and so we have to be careful of that..." This was an inspired challenge.

I agree with Heyang about the four finalists. I hope this is whom we'll end up with.
    Totally agree. And why could Ken not move for 15 seconds to let them in? And there was nowhere else to set that ironing board up? I find that hard to believe. I think it was a calculated act because he did not want them moving in and entirely possible that that "stand off" went on for much longer than the few seconds we were shown leading to Alexander reacting inappropriately. BUT Alexander took responsibility for his actions while Ken just made excuses.

Custom Title
    When I go over in my mind Tim's talk with everyone, I continue to be impressed with how he conducted himself. As a teacher, he must have had years of experience dealing with fractious Parsons students. Though he was surely annoyed at Ken, he treated him with respect, first chastising him alone (and in such a non-confrontational way!) and only then bringing him in to talk with the others. Amazing how the producers did not remix the four men into different pairs in the two rooms but put Ken all by his lonesome in one room and the three guys in the other. If there was ever a clearer nonverbal way of saying "You can't be trusted to behave," I have not seen it.

I imagine that the other designers were also talked to off camera before the filmed encounter, to ask (or possibly beg) them to keep it as low-key as possible, but the way Tim stated the situation onscreen was about as diplomatic as one could hope for, and his words set the tone for the rest of the episode. They clearly didn't want to milk this one for extra drama. Thank goodness! Can you imagine the way Abby of Dance Moms (which I can only watch for ten minutes at a time about once a season) would have handled this situation? If I ever meet Tim Gunn, I'd probably curtsey.

By the way, in addition to the four finalists suggested by Heyang—Dom, Helen, Kate, and Braden—I would add that Justin has shown flashes of greatness and should be considered a possible finalist as well, though my choice would be the four already mentioned.

I tho't Alexander's design was promising & I would love to see it completed. Helen's gown was stunning.

I did not like Dom's design at all. I think it would have looked better with the darker color around the fan's stomach. The lighter colors just make her look bigger and wider and the shoes did nothing for her legs. I have like everything Dom has done except for this design.

I thought Helen's design was great for her client. I think Helen was smart; her client was the most changed due to her make-over which made the dress look even better. I think the client would have made anything look super.

I liked most of Justin's designs. I would love to see a collection from him. How unique and so special to have her signature on the dress, loved it.

Personally, I thought Ken was rewarded for his bad behavior.

When Alexander knocked over the ironing board and the iron fell on the floor, my heart sank. I was taught from a small child that an iron was to be protected from all harm.

Custom Title
    I worried when the iron went down, too. It was still connected, it was heavy, and it was hot. Thank goodness no one was standing in the way.

As for Ken's being rewarded for bad behavior, I feared that he would be safe while Alexander went home for not having finished his outfit. I wonder what the judges' reasoning was, and whether Ken's behavior had anything to do with their decision.

The last 5 designers - Bradon, Alexandria, Dom, Helen, Justin. For some reason, I just think Kate is coming back to the competition. I guess I think that because her design was so off the wall. I think her elimination was all staged.

For the final 4, I wouldn't mind Bradon, Dom, Helen and Justin. But for some reason, I would love to see a collection from Alexandria.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    The last 5 designers - Bradon, Alexandria, Dom, Helen, Justin. For some reason, I just think Kate is coming back to the competition. I guess I think that because her design was so off the wall. I think her elimination was all staged.

For the final 4, I wouldn't mind Bradon, Dom, Helen and Justin. But for some reason, I would love to see a collection from Alexandria.
    Hmm. Don't know what to think. I didn't hate Alexander's design. It was at least interesting. I was shocked they eliminated Kate and it could be staged. However, her dress was ugly, no way around it. I didn't mind Justin's design when it walked down the runway but after the judges had their say I could completely see its shortcomings and couldn't understand why I had once liked it. I think it's because I knew all about his inspiration. But if you didn't know, it would just seem like a boring, badly made gown. He's lucky to have survived this challenge. However, I think Tim Gunn's save was worth it just to get to see Justin's design from last week's challenge. He didn't have had easy client but somehow made her look cool. He definitely a unique designer.

Dom's dress was incredible. Good for her for living up to the big talent we all know she is. I was in love with Braden's jacket too but Dom's dress just couldn't be beat in my opinion. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing = something that has a bit of ethnic inspiration but is completely modern.

It would have been hard to see any of these designers go. I think it's a one of the best groups in a long time, myself.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast