Three-day battles: vote for your favorites! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Three-day battles: vote for your favorites!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Just for my reference, where did you ask the other fans to vote?

For example in these groups on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evgeny-Plushenko/84598245354 fan page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/evgeniplushenko/ , closed group on Facebook, the members are really Plushy fanatic, but they didn't want to vote..they are not interested ( that woman who started the group has a big Plushy pic on her living room wall, I love her!!!! )
https://www.facebook.com/Zorba.pattinaggio
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stéphane-Lambiel-Evgeni-Plushenko-Italia/497666860283735
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Give...ed-Gold-Medal/344822137215?hc_location=stream
https://www.facebook.com/pages/-Evgeni-Plushenko-/201655169853845

and his official facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Plushenko

https://twitter.com/PlushenkoNews

http://www.evgeni-plushenko.com/

In my country Plushy has three pages..they didn't move..

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Why can't you be a Takahashi fan and vote for Plushenko or vice versa? Why does there always have to be a clear line drawn? I'm more of a Daisuke fan, but what if I voted for Evgeni (didn't vote, too late when I saw it)? Would that make me a Daisuke-anti and a Evgeni-uber? I would hope not.
You know, when the voting started Plushy's video had cca 19. 980-990 viewers, now it has 20 619. Look at the numbers..there are people who didn't watch the video, but voted...
A firends said to me: " and no one has such "passionate" fans and haters " :laugh:

yaya124

On the Ice
Just for my reference, where did you ask the other fans to vote?

Besides what plushyfan mentioned below, I also belongs to a chat group dedicated to Plushy. But only one or two people voted, others they are more concerned about other things like: their real life. I guess all similar types of polls which in the poster eyes maybe a fun to start, but in fans's eyes, it is 'war'. And we are through so many 'wars' for what? I think that is why now people are less enthusiasm towards such topics expect us last ubers. Hell, even I somehow regretted that I voted.

You might be the first one to really start a 'battle', but similar intention (representing different programs using same theme) has been done before. But then only the music is mentioned and people listed different programs performed by different skaters (also from different categories). It certainly motivated less people to be involved.

Maybe it is better to start a new thread for your new battle?

joeperryfan

Rinkside
You know, when the voting started Plushy's video had cca 19. 980-990 viewers, now it has 20 619. Look at the numbers..there are people who didn't watch the video, but voted...
A firends said to me: " and no one has such "passionate" fans and haters " :laugh:

Wow, I hadn't looked at those numbers yet, if a good part of that increase in viewers came from my site then mission accomplished!

In my country Plushy has three pages..they didn't move..

Besides what plushyfan mentioned below, I also belongs to a chat group dedicated to Plushy. But only one or two people voted, others they are more concerned about other things like: their real life. I guess all similar types of polls which in the poster eyes maybe a fun to start, but in fans's eyes, it is 'war'. And we are through so many 'wars' for what? I think that is why now people are less enthusiasm towards such topics expect us last ubers. Hell, even I somehow regretted that I voted.

You might be the first one to really start a 'battle', but similar intention (representing different programs using same theme) has been done before. But then only the music is mentioned and people listed different programs performed by different skaters (also from different categories). It certainly motivated less people to be involved.

Maybe it is better to start a new thread for your new battle?

So do you think that the fact that it was a battle made people vote less? Is that what you are saying? I thought it was a good name, but maybe I was wrong, perhaps too aggressive? I decided on focusing only on two skaters at a time because I figured that the more videos people had to watch the less they would participate.

I think different countries have different responses from the fans, I had plenty of Japanese fans voting for Plush, for some reason the Japanese fans are more willing to vote. Maybe other formats would be more suitable for fans from other countries? What do you think?

If someone wants to start new threads for the new battles go ahead, I prefer not to do it myself because I don't want to flood the forum with a new thread for my site every three days.

yaya124

On the Ice
So do you think that the fact that it was a battle made people vote less? Is that what you are saying? I thought it was a good name, but maybe I was wrong, perhaps too aggressive? I decided on focusing only on two skaters at a time because I figured that the more videos people had to watch the less they would participate.

I think different countries have different responses from the fans, I had plenty of Japanese fans voting for Plush, for some reason the Japanese fans are more willing to vote. Maybe other formats would be more suitable for fans from other countries? What do you think?

If someone wants to start new threads for the new battles go ahead, I prefer not to do it myself because I don't want to flood the forum with a new thread for my site every three days.

Do not mind my "complaint", I think I am just a bit sad the gap is so big which is out of proportion considering Plush's fan base. And the fact that I to my knowledge, many Plush fans decided not to bother with it. I know I sound like soar loser. I hate this myself.

As for your questions:

IMO, the battle suppose to attract more votes since fans are at 'war', and the name is fine for such purpose (to have a winner over certain subject). So keep on and have fun!

Difference among countries sure: Japanese are crazy about FS so it is understandable majority votes come from Japan.

i just thought if the rest of post is to discuss about new battles, it is better to have its own thread. Maybe you can open a post name just '3-day battle' but not put skaters name.

Or you could call it "Three-Day Battle: Vote for Your Favorite."

I can see that more Japanese fans would vote because I see them as one of the most extensively wired of all countries, along with South Korea. They're always among the first to post YouTube videos of skaters, for instance. But it's nice that many of them voted for Plushenko.

prettykeys

Medalist
joeperryfan -- maybe as you update the title, you can update the most "Current Battle" on your first page/first post? I can imagine the links to your pages would get lost in the shuffle if left in the middle of the thread.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Unfortunately, only moderators can rename a thread so that the name is displayed in the Edge. The rename by the original poster would only show in the first post on the thread.

Wonderful, both of them! I was surprised that the Kismet music was not what I expected: to me, Kismet means the Broadway musical based on Borodin's original music (highly adapted, but recognizable, and I adore Borodin), and this was something else entirely. Very nice, though. As for the skating, for me it was Shen/Zhao all the way. Their flow, their strength, and the beautiful Lea Ann Miller choreography put them ahead. However, I was also impressed by Aliona and Robin, whom I always enjoy. They are my favorite current pair, and I love their unison and strength. They can't beat Shen/Zhao for connection, though. Few people can.

Eclair

Medalist
Wonderful, both of them! I was surprised that the Kismet music was not what I expected: to me, Kismet means the Broadway musical based on Borodin's original music (highly adapted, but recognizable, and I adore Borodin), and this was something else entirely. Very nice, though. As for the skating, for me it was Shen/Zhao all the way. Their flow, their strength, and the beautiful Lea Ann Miller choreography put them ahead. However, I was also impressed by Aliona and Robin, whom I always enjoy. They are my favorite current pair, and I love their unison and strength. They can't beat Shen/Zhao for connection, though. Few people can.

I was surprised too! =) I like both pairs, but I thought that Shen/Zhao would probably have the 'more pleaseant' programm for the eye, since I agree on their unique connection, but then I watched S/S's Kismet and they were just so powerful, fast, with clean postures, nice (pleasant) choreo and great unison. Also their colourful dresses didn't disturb me as expected^^ Really enjoyed it

Btw I wonder what their music choice for next season is going to be? I think the soundtrack to 'Django' would suit their skating style (powerful, clean, original) wonderfully. Or some fun programm to 'the minions' but I doubt that's Olympic Gold medal material?

joeperryfan

Rinkside
I'm glad you're enjoying the poll. :) The results are very close so far, S/S 20 votes, S/Z 21.

This poll is open until 17:00 PM, the next one will be the first "Odd Duck" where routines from different sports are up for voting, you'll see why when it's published

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I went with S/S. S/Z's powerful big moves impress, but the choreo and intricate moves of S/S's style really captured the mood of this music best for me.