Glacier Falls Summer Classic | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Glacier Falls Summer Classic

bluesky85

On the Ice
Maybe 11th of 11 (12th WD) at 2013 US Novice Nationals?
Ashley Shin, Dallas FSC

I believe she also won the intermediate level of the nationals in 2011 or 2012... Can't be 100% sure when exactly...

She struggled with injuries during the nationals, so she didn't do as well as she could have at the novice nationals this past year, though...

I guess she recovered from the injuries :)

macy

Record Breaker
yes ashley shin is the 2012 intermediate ladies champion. also random note, jeremy abbott was registered to compete this weekend at my club's competition, van camp invitational in lansing, mi but i heard he still isn't back from doing a show in japan (so he scratched) and is probably doing the next local competition here at the onyx skating academy. needless to say i am very, very bummed. :cry:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw 82. And with a mistake!

Of course, no way will he pull that kind of score at TEB, but he's looking good for about 75 internationally, which is still pretty good for an SP with no quad.

babyskate

On the Ice
My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw 82. And with a mistake!

Of course, no way will he pull that kind of score at TEB, but he's looking good for about 75 internationally, which is still pretty good for an SP with no quad.

Any video available? Would love to see his program.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Any video available? Would love to see his program.

I hope so! But unless someone fancam-d it today, we're going to have to wait for the official on-demand stuff. :(

Good start for Mirai! It seems as if there was a lot of thought about her packaging and program. Granted it's super early in the season and fan cam quality but... She had a very Kim/Kwan-esque vibe going on...quiet confidence...which is what she needs. Very mature, but I hope we see a fun side of her in the LP. Love the white boots. She ditched the triple loop from as the solo jump and upped the technical content with the Lutz (or was it a flip...hard for me to tell...and I'm not great with edge calls). The solo jump was at the 1:30 mark, so does that count for the halfway bonus? The 2A was lovely, and near the end of the program. Again, smart with the triple-triple combo, and then the lutz and 2A in the bonus. The program itself and choreography seemed a little sleepy, but also had nice moments. Here's to a great season for Mirai!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Mirai's SP is quite poor. What happened to the other one she was going to use?

samson

Medalist
Thanks so much for posting the SP!! I'm really curious to hear how this was scored. Glad to see her putting out the triple/triple in August and to see her upping the technical content in the jumps.

Excited to see what she has in store for the LP. James Bond is such a risky choice but then again... it seemed to work well for Yu Na. And depending on how they cut the music I can see her really letting loose with it.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Mirai's jumps were fine for the beginning of the season. Her spins were not. The combination spin and the camel both need work. I mention them because Mirai has been a very good spinner in the past.

Mirai's jumps were fine for the beginning of the season. Her spins were not. The combination spin and the camel both need work. I mention them because Mirai has been a very good spinner in the past.

Agreed AH...perhaps she's been focusing on the jumps more...the first spin especially seemed slow and lackluster. I didn't realize she did a 3F+3T...I thought it was a 3T+3T.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
I'm so proud of Mirai!! :yay: making a triple flip/triple toe and a triple lutz as a solo jump will make Mirai in the same leage as Yu-Na Kim. I hope that the USA will consider Mirai for a potential medal contender at the Olympic. With this content she have the complete package of a champion!

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Good start for Mirai! It seems as if there was a lot of thought about her packaging and program. Granted it's super early in the season and fan cam quality but... She had a very Kim/Kwan-esque vibe going on...quiet confidence...which is what she needs. Very mature, but I hope we see a fun side of her in the LP. Love the white boots. She ditched the triple loop from as the solo jump and upped the technical content with the Lutz (or was it a flip...hard for me to tell...and I'm not great with edge calls). The solo jump was at the 1:30 mark, so does that count for the halfway bonus? The 2A was lovely, and near the end of the program. Again, smart with the triple-triple combo, and then the lutz and 2A in the bonus. The program itself and choreography seemed a little sleepy, but also had nice moments. Here's to a great season for Mirai!

Great to hear! Another poster had made a good point about her probably going to be jet lagged from being away on tour but it sounds like she had great first outing.

I'm glad to hear that she has upped her tech content! I think her spins will come back along as she improves her consistency and becomes more comfortable with the program. It's sounds like she doesn't want anyone to count her out;)

kalle

On the Ice
Ladies SP results:

http://imageshack.us/a/img801/5145/heok.jpg

Hicks received a fantastic score this early in the season, she wants that ticket to Sochi!!

I was hoping Mirai would have scored more in the 58-59 range but I guess she got some UR's and possibly an edge call?But overall, she really had a lovely presentation out there..

bluesky85

On the Ice
Ladies SP results:

http://imageshack.us/a/img801/5145/heok.jpg

Hicks received a fantastic score this early in the season, she wants that ticket to Sochi!!

I was hoping Mirai would have scored more in the 58-59 range but I guess she got some UR's and possibly an edge call?But overall, she really had a lovely presentation out there..

Amazing score for Courtney!!! Can't believe it!!

Good for Mirai and Polina as well! But what happened to Leah...? Injuries or growth spurt or both...? :(

And I don't see Caroline Zhang...