Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Glacier Falls Summer Classic

Quote Originally Posted by mirai4life View Post
    thank you for the link!!

can you tell that Ive been waiting to see this?

Rinkside
    Good start for Mirai! It seems as if there was a lot of thought about her packaging and program. Granted it's super early in the season and fan cam quality but... She had a very Kim/Kwan-esque vibe going on...quiet confidence...which is what she needs. Very mature, but I hope we see a fun side of her in the LP. Love the white boots. She ditched the triple loop from as the solo jump and upped the technical content with the Lutz (or was it a flip...hard for me to tell...and I'm not great with edge calls). The solo jump was at the 1:30 mark, so does that count for the halfway bonus? The 2A was lovely, and near the end of the program. Again, smart with the triple-triple combo, and then the lutz and 2A in the bonus. The program itself and choreography seemed a little sleepy, but also had nice moments. Here's to a great season for Mirai!

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Mirai's SP is quite poor. What happened to the other one she was going to use?

Custom Title
    Thanks so much for posting the SP!! I'm really curious to hear how this was scored. Glad to see her putting out the triple/triple in August and to see her upping the technical content in the jumps.

Excited to see what she has in store for the LP. James Bond is such a risky choice but then again... it seemed to work well for Yu Na. And depending on how they cut the music I can see her really letting loose with it.

Custom Title
    Mirai's jumps were fine for the beginning of the season. Her spins were not. The combination spin and the camel both need work. I mention them because Mirai has been a very good spinner in the past.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Mirai's jumps were fine for the beginning of the season. Her spins were not. The combination spin and the camel both need work. I mention them because Mirai has been a very good spinner in the past.
    Agreed AH...perhaps she's been focusing on the jumps more...the first spin especially seemed slow and lackluster. I didn't realize she did a 3F+3T...I thought it was a 3T+3T.

Custom Title
    I'm so proud of Mirai!! making a triple flip/triple toe and a triple lutz as a solo jump will make Mirai in the same leage as Yu-Na Kim. I hope that the USA will consider Mirai for a potential medal contender at the Olympic. With this content she have the complete package of a champion!

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IndependentObserver View Post
    Good start for Mirai! It seems as if there was a lot of thought about her packaging and program. Granted it's super early in the season and fan cam quality but... She had a very Kim/Kwan-esque vibe going on...quiet confidence...which is what she needs. Very mature, but I hope we see a fun side of her in the LP. Love the white boots. She ditched the triple loop from as the solo jump and upped the technical content with the Lutz (or was it a flip...hard for me to tell...and I'm not great with edge calls). The solo jump was at the 1:30 mark, so does that count for the halfway bonus? The 2A was lovely, and near the end of the program. Again, smart with the triple-triple combo, and then the lutz and 2A in the bonus. The program itself and choreography seemed a little sleepy, but also had nice moments. Here's to a great season for Mirai!
    Great to hear! Another poster had made a good point about her probably going to be jet lagged from being away on tour but it sounds like she had great first outing.

I'm glad to hear that she has upped her tech content! I think her spins will come back along as she improves her consistency and becomes more comfortable with the program. It's sounds like she doesn't want anyone to count her out

Custom Title
    Ladies SP results:

http://imageshack.us/a/img801/5145/heok.jpg

Hicks received a fantastic score this early in the season, she wants that ticket to Sochi!!

I was hoping Mirai would have scored more in the 58-59 range but I guess she got some UR's and possibly an edge call?But overall, she really had a lovely presentation out there..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kalle View Post
    Ladies SP results:

http://imageshack.us/a/img801/5145/heok.jpg

Hicks received a fantastic score this early in the season, she wants that ticket to Sochi!!

I was hoping Mirai would have scored more in the 58-59 range but I guess she got some UR's and possibly an edge call?But overall, she really had a lovely presentation out there..
    Amazing score for Courtney!!! Can't believe it!!

Good for Mirai and Polina as well! But what happened to Leah...? Injuries or growth spurt or both...? :(

And I don't see Caroline Zhang...

That was the score that I was expecting for Mirai, she probably received an edge call for the lutz, the UR for the combo and the consequent negative GOEs, plus some not-so-outstanding marks in the first two spins... I'm happy for Courtney but... Leah??! :( her PCS was really low, too...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kalle View Post
    I'd say the lutz was UR as well. It's very early in the season and it's great she trying the difficulty. However, if she is going to UR two jumps she is better off doing the 3T/3T and a 3F. Her 3F here looks really strong.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post

I'd say the lutz was UR as well. It's very early in the season and it's great she trying the difficulty. However, if she is going to UR two jumps she is better off doing the 3T/3T and a 3F. Her 3F here looks really strong.
    Even though the lutz was UR, I am happy that she didn't flutz or at least I don't think she did, I replayed the take off a few times. I could be wrong though. I think she needs more speed. I think she wouldn't have so many UR's. I agree with you on the flip it looked great.

Custom Title
    I like Mirai's SP. It has a very romantic feel to it. She just needs to sell it. She does not look like she had a good center on those spins. But she is so focused on those jumps. I did not think she had that triple/triple in her. There is hope for her yet. I hope she continues to do well in her GP events.

Has anyone seen Hicks SP? I don't see it posted anywhere.

What happen to Caroline? Is she doing the LP?

I haven't seen Hicks SP anywhere yet. The club may be offering on-demand viewing for a small charge. I believe Caroline Zhang withdrew (not unusual for summer comps).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast