Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Glacier Falls Summer Classic

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Is there a link ???

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Is there a link ???
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn9_1rr-IdY

I really liked her performance, and scores were well-deserved.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Thank you! I've loved Chen since seeing her exhibition with the 2 fans

Adding to the videos, Richard Dornbush's LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOUkwekh7-M

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Nobody has any video of Courtney or Polina??

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I just watched Chen's FS: her jumps have improved a lot! Good job, Karen!
    I read she was injured just before US Nationals Jrs (that and she was like one head smaller than everyone, she seem to have grown since) maybe that is why? Go Karen!! (Pllllllzzz survive puberty)

Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Nobody has any video of Courtney or Polina??
    Yes, I would really like to watch Courtney's Evita!!

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy15 View Post
    Adding to the videos, Richard Dornbush's LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOUkwekh7-M
    Thank you for the link!
    I LOVE the music cut! It's new, original, uplifting, classy, emotional, dramatic, harmonic, gentle..... I was not sure about the Beatles medly at first but now that I've heard it I'm very impressed.

Now to the downside of his new LP: the choreography There's absolutly no connection between his choreography and the music. Take the footwork sequence: it could have been a real highlight, since the music then is, but it's just boring, dull, standard footwork you could put on every kind of music. Who's the choreographer? Whoever did this was obviously not putting a lot of time into it.
    Same goes for all those slow (probably intended to look artistic and soulful) arm movements all over the place at the wrong time, too often and excessivly repeated.
    And those two split jumps at the end: they take away stamina unnecessarily only to enhance the music in a plump way. Really, I'm disappointed in his choreographer and hope that he left out the good parts of the choreogaphy because he's still practicing it....

Karen Chen is incredible. She's the full package. The only thing to nitpick: A little more speed would do her good. Not that she's slow right now, but when looking back at all the Cop skaters who survived puberty monsters, those with great speed to begin with did better than those who had mediate to slow speed. E.g. Yuna, Mao, Caro, Kanako, Gracie, Christina Gao, Courtney Hicks vs. slow skaters like Caroline Zhang, Risa Shoji ... It's not exactly science but more speed wouldn't harm I believe

Custom Title
    Wow! Karen Chen's jumps were very impressive. It seemed like she had good height, good flow and took her time with them. You can tell they were all clean (minus the minor mishap on the double toe). Good fast spins too, although there are some positions that I'd like to see a tiny bit cleaner.

She seemed to have good speed right at the onset, then slowed down a bit. If she can maintain the speed she started with, she'd be golden. I'm very excited to see her on the JGP!

mylastduchess
    Anybody have the full results for the men and more videos

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Here is Courtney's FS to Evita complete with wardrobe malfunction at the end. She handled it well though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAoyxoN6VyY

I see improvements in her overall presentation. She's not as rushed which is good but I do think she needs to finish out her movements a little more. Solid program for her. No 3-3 which means she can score even better than the 122 she got here. She's definitely making a strong case for that 3rd spot...

Custom Title
    Karen Chen is amazing!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    Anybody have the full results for the men and more videos
    The full event is going to be made available on-demand soon, I understand.

Custom Title
    Great skate by Courtney - at least jumping-wise. She didn't sell the program for me, but it's early in the season.

SO impressed with karen chen. praying she has no trouble with the puberty monster...i absolutely love her. her jumps have improved so much this season. if they don't give her 2 jgp's there's something wrong. i see a US junior champ this year also courtney is all speed and jumps, i know it's early in the season but she needs to sell the program, but there is potential. i skated to part of the cut she used to don't cry for me argentina a few years back

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast