Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Glacier Falls Summer Classic

Top 6 men:Jason Brown, Richard Dornbush, Shotoro Omori, Vincent Zhou, MichaelMartinez (Philippines) & Keegan Messing.

Custom Title
    Karen is good, but her technique on the 3Lz-3T reminds me of Adelina's. Look how pitch forward she landed, and had to muscled the 3T at the end. This combo would not survive puberty.
    Her 2A-3T is much better. I have no doubt she can retain this combo.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Karen is good, but her technique on the 3Lz-3T reminds me of Adelina's. Look how pitch forward she landed, and had to muscled the 3T at the end. This combo would not survive puberty.

Really?? I heard people saying how good her jump techniques were, so I thought most of her jumps would stay and survive the puberty... But then it's only what I heard and my eyes are not sharp enough yet to notice and predict these things...

Can anybody explain to me how to tell good jumping techniques...?
    How do you know what kind of jumps would survive puberty and what wouldn't?
    What are the differences between the jumps that actually survive the puberty (ex. Gracie Gold, Yuna Kim, Courtney Hicks, Angela Wang, etc.) vs. the ones that don't...??
    Could jump techniques be changed along the way to survive the puberty?

Thanks!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky85 View Post
    Really?? I heard people saying how good her jump techniques were, so I thought most of her jumps would stay and survive the puberty... But then it's only what I heard and my eyes are not sharp enough yet to notice and predict these things...

Can anybody explain to me how to tell good jumping techniques...?
    How do you know what kind of jumps would survive puberty and what wouldn't?
    What are the differences between the jumps that actually survive the puberty (ex. Gracie Gold, Yuna Kim, Courtney Hicks, Angela Wang, etc.) vs. the ones that don't...??
    Could jump techniques be changed along the way to survive the puberty?

Thanks!
    There's no 100% certainity whether a jump would survive puberty or not since it also depends on how puberty individually takes shape. Generally girls with more curves are going to have more problems dealing with jumping issues, than slim ones.

But skaters with following techniques have a good chance of surviving puberty:
    1. big, high jumps with a lot of ice coverage e.g. courtney hicks vs. small ones (caroline zhang)
    2. jumps with good centering vs. loopsided ones
    3. skaters with lots of speed (e.g. yuna, mao, caro, courtney, gracie, christina gao) vs. slow skaters (caroline zhang, rika shoji)
    4. consistent junior skaters
    5. effortless looking jumps vs. e.g. leaning forward/either side too much or mule kicking on toe jumps, skating fastly and with transitions into a jump vs. slowing down right before jumping
    6. axel jump: jumping out of the circle vs. jumping into the circle
    7. lutz/ flip: correct edge vs. incorrect edge. if a junior skater already has a wonky-edged lutz, it's unlikly they're going to have a lutz when adult
    8. junior skaters who already underrotate tend to lose their jumps with puberty

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post

I see what you mean on her FS combo. Her SP combo was a little better though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqxWK...etailpage&t=56

I've seen worse muscling on the 2nd jump; she actually had a nice pop/spring into the 2nd jump with a decent amount of height and ride out. Sometimes growing taller adds speed and power to jumps; other times it destroys them. Whether or not that combo survives will depend on which category she ends up in.

I do think that 2-3 is pretty safe though. Great 2A, nice delayed lutz.... Her technique looks solid enough so as long as her body changes don't throw her off too much she may escape the evil Pubertus without too many issues. You can never tell for sure though...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I see what you mean on her FS combo. Her SP combo was a little better though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqxWK...etailpage&t=56
    Slightly better, but the pitch forward landing is still there. When she fills out like Adelina, this combo would give her some problem.
    The good thing is her 2A-3Ts are so solid, she can still have 7 triples LP with the 2A-3T.
    Her solo 3Lz is nice, I don't see any problem in the future.

polina's long: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MF8CEkbF3E
    i love it! she's so light and dainty, she matches the music perfectly. and she skates like a senior to top it off. i can't wait to see what she does this year....it's gonna be great.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6