Tuesday practices | Golden Skate

Tuesday practices

Rosaleen

Medalist
Sorry this report is so late. I didn't realize until late Wed that I hadn't actually posted Tuesday's report. I think I previewed it and never hit 'send'. Old age forgetfulness is setting in <G>

We went to Copps first to watch the Chinese & Canadians Pairs
All of the Chinese looked great. Ding / Ren landed a clean throw 4t.
Of the Canadians, only Marcoux & Buntin were there. This was the last practice on competition ice except for the ‘warm-up’ on Thursday when they compete. Marcoux & Buntin had a great practice. There’s a new air of confidence in them (not that they didn’t have confidence before, but there’s something added). They wear the Canadian Championship well.

We then went over to Chedoke for the 1st of the men’s practices for today. They have 2 almost back to back.

First group at each arena were the USA & MEX - none of the US men were at the practice at Chedoke and I didn’t take notes on the Mexicans. Too busy ‘chatting’ <g>
USA Ryan Jahnke - pm Copps - lots of time working on 3z3l didn't see any landed -- but lots of nice 3z2l / long runthru 3a2t 2ft the toe / 3t / 3z1l2l / fell on 3a / tano 3z / 3f / 3s / diag ftwrk then steps into 2a / he really dances in the program
USA Evan Lysacek - pm Copps - free r/t / 3a3t really nice / 3a fell /3l / 3z3t / 3s / 3f / diag ftwrk into 2a / his 3a3t is looking really good & reliable

Next were the Canadians & NZL & KOR – none of the Canadians were at the practice at Chedoke. I didn't take notes on NZL & KOR at Chedoke and then KOR wasn't at the pm practice at Copps.
CAN Ben Ferreira - pm Copps - / 3a3t / his 3a is as good as anyone's & as pretty / 4t step out / 3f / 3z2t / 3a / 3l / 3s / 3z / his camel ch camel is just gorgeous now pos, speed, everything
CAN Emanuel Sandhu - pm Copps - free runthru / did bits & pieces / 4t3t / then popped a bunch of 4t then did a great 4t3t3t / 4t3t far end of rink - might have been 2ft on 4t / then did a 4t3t3l with a tiny turnout on loop / looked like he was working on 4s after rnthru didn't see one but there was a bunch of 3s & 2s in the right spot on ice /
CAN Jeffrey Buttle - pm Copps - free runthru / 3f / 3t / 3a stepout turns 3t / 3l he's letting his right side drop on the landings of some jumps / 3s / strt ftwrk is good but seems to turn mostly in same direction / popped lutz / taking a break / after runthru I saw lots ofcombos ending in 3t3l but think that only one had a 4t to start

Next were the Chinese & Austrailians
AUS Daniel Harries - pm Copps - / free runthr / 3z really tight landing hand down / popped flip /
CHN Lun Song - pm Copps - free runthr / 4t dropped right side on landing but was clean / 3a sat / 3z pitched a bit forwad onlanding / something was happening with ma's music think I caught that the CD was too loud and they need another one / celtic strt ftwrk that I quite like -- it's amazing how many of these guys can do great twizzle seq that we've never seen before, result of CoP ??<G>
AUS Bradley Santer - pm Copps - free runthr / 3z2t / 2l / 3f / 2a / stopped to talk to coach / sal didn't get off ice / 3t? did quite see it all / popped something else
CHN Xiaodong Ma - pm Copps - Free runthr / 4t hand down / 3a3t / taking a break / 3z / I might have missed part of the program watching the rest of theskaters - there's just so much going on!! / 3a / 3? /
CHN Song Gao - pm Copps - free runthr - Man in the Iron Mask / 4t3t / 3a / took a break / 3a2t / 3s / 2a /

Last to practice at each arena were the Japanese & South Africans – none of the Japanese were at Chedoke
JPN Daisuke Takahashi - pm Copps - first to do runthr / 3z3t / bailed on axel / 2a not what he wanted / took a break, talking to coach / circle ftwrk into 3l / 3f / He’s really looking good – great air position & fast rotation on jumps
JPN Takeshi Honda - pm Copps - free runthr / 4t / 3a step out / now he's skating through jumps / 3f / at the beginning of the practice it looked like his right foot was bothering him
JPN Yamato Tamura – pm Copps – for some strange reason I don’t have any notes on him
pm Copps - 4t fel / 3z3t / 3l / took a break / 3a fell / I missed something while watching Takeshi / 3a big lean out of circle fell / took another break /
RSA Gareth Echardt - pm Copps - free runthr / missed the 1st part saw him fall on a 3f / missed the rest while watching the 3 Japanese guys working on quads
RSA Justin Pietersen - pm Copps free runthr / 3s way outside lean / 3f not sure if clean - far end of rink /
RSA Konrad Giering - pm Copps - free runthr / I missed most of it watching the Japanese again / Think his most difficult triple is a loop – for sure he doesn't have a lutz or flip