Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: What does Suzuki lack?

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    Kiira is definitely ready by SA as she has to fight for a spot at Olympics at Nebelhorn. I'm not sure Osmons is, her programs look quite unpolished as we saw
    Kiira's competing at SC, not SA. I don't doubt that she'll get an Olympic spot for Finland at Nebelhorn.

Banned
    It will be interesting if Kiira can do any damage this season. She seemed to be a dangerous floater last year before being injured, but suddenly the field seems alot deeper with all the up and comers. There are about 12 or 13 women now who are extremely strong skaters, maybe more.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    It will be interesting if Kiira can do any damage this season. She seemed to be a dangerous floater last year before being injured, but suddenly the field seems alot deeper with all the up and comers. There are about 12 or 13 women now who are extremely strong skaters, maybe more.
    Yes, it will be interesting how Korpi would fare against Gold, Osmond, Lipnitskaia at SC.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I think it is very possible for neither of those two to make the final. Suzuki does not get good scores unless she skates very well. Murukami is good but I feel like she is someone who places high because the others make mistakes. Realistically, there are 3 spots in the final that are up for grabs and Gold, Wagner, Lipnitskaya, Sotnikova, Tuk, and Radionova have as good a chance as the Japanese women to earn one.
    Wagner had an advantage last year with a relatively easy field at SA. The US Fed has arranged another relatively easy field at SA this year, plus Wagner has TEB which also has a relatively easy field. Sotnikova also has TEB plus CoC, two relatively easy fields. Gold and Suzuki both have SC and NHK which both have deeper quality fields, so it will be more difficult for them to make the final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM_DnRFxE28

Sans the obvious errors, Akiko Suzuki's SP is just divine! One of the most beautiful music ever and her skating is just purely goddess overload! Simply glorious. I just have goosebumps. Simply magical, riveting and exquisite!

Custom Title
    That's a really great vehicle for her. The footwork is absolutely superb!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10