Lists of participants JGP Riga Cup 2013 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Lists of participants JGP Riga Cup 2013

Country
Russia
Broadmoor is one of the earliest summer competitions, so it isn't quite fair to compare a program skated in late June with a program skated in early August. IIRC, Chen skated in some earlier competitions, and her performances were good but not quite as good as her earlier ones.
2013 Chesapeake Open June 20 - June 22, 2013 Karen Chen SP - 61.34
2013 Broadmoor Open June 26 - June 29, 2013 Angela Wang SP - 50.39
See the difference at late June.
And Chen's results at early Augist (Glacier Falls).

If Angela Wang does not show better results later than June - it is only her problem.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Wang was replaced by Karen Chen.
interesting move.

Makes sense. She has two lovely programs and she backed both up with excellent skating. I figured there would be some shuffling to get her in.

I love Angela but no one will realize her brilliance unless she starts delivering statement performances...like Karen did. Hopefully Angela will be assigned to a later competition.

Go Karen!

flying camel

Medalist
I'm not sure how I feel about Angela getting replaced by Karen. Something about it just does not seem fair. Angela does not get many opportunities. How are Yasmin's stats?
Why didn't they take her spot and give it to Karen. I feel sad for Angela. Some skaters get shot after shot and others get nothing.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I'm not sure how I feel about Angela getting replaced by Karen. Something about it just does not seem fair. Angela does not get many opportunities. How are Yasmin's stats?
Why didn't they take her spot and give it to Karen. I feel sad for Angela. Some skaters get shot after shot and others get nothing.

Maybe USFSA is making dumb moves but maybe they know something we don't? Maybe Angela is having injury issues or something like that?

Sara

On the Ice
I'm looking forward to the skating of the Finnish/Russian Liubov Efimenko. I really like her choice of music for the free (Bolero from Moulin Rouge). Liubov or Liuba as she's called is a promising young skater and did very well in Hellmut Seibt this year, winning the junior ladies competition. In Nordics however she was struggling quite a lot. Wishing she'll do well this season! :)

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I am really looking forward to see Karen Chen, who has a combination of maturity, artistry, skating skills and jumps, at a young age.
What I worry about Angela Wang is her body type. I remember she wasn't the lean type in the previous season, especially for her age. If she grows bigger, it would be quite difficult to do the jumps.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Angela Wang just turned 17. I doubt she is going to get any bigger than she is now.