Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Iced coffees. Yay or nay?

Iced coffees. Yay or nay?

I like just the plain iced coffee from McDonalds but I just came across this today:

http://smallnotebook.org/2008/06/10/...e-just-say-no/

What about Starbucks iced coffee drinks? I like them too with a shot of vanilla and skim. McDonalds is cheaper as far as I know. My hometown coffee house had an excelllent french vanilla iced latte that I miss! Never come across anyone even close in flavor.

Custom Title
    My sister-in-law owns an independent coffeehouse. She makes the best iced coffee ever. She uses a cold press for it so it is not lukewarm like it is at most places where a hot drink is poured over ice. I like it with milk and a shot of vanilla. Best thing ever.

McDonald's iced mochas or lattes are not bad.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I like Dunkin Donuts ice coffee. I don't like any flavorings in my coffee, either hot or cold, other than coffee & half & half,

Custom Title
    I don't drink coffee at all. Let me know when we get to hot chocolate.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I like Dunkin Donuts ice coffee. I don't like any flavorings in my coffee, either hot or cold, other than coffee & half & half,
    I love Dunkin Donuts coffee; unfortunately there are not any Dunkin Donuts locations where I live; I usually try to find a Dunkin Donuts when I'm traveling to a place that has one.

I own a Nespresso pod espresso maker (http://www.nespresso-us.com/machines/citiz-and-milk/) and make my own coffee drinks. I usually like to brew two espresso shots with milk and a little chocolate syrup, does the trick every time.

Here's a lovely cold brew recipe (which louisa05 referenced) worth trying if you want to do it at home: http://www.americastestkitchenfeed.c...d-brew-coffee/ (how-to)
    http://www.americastestkitchenfeed.c...d-brew-coffee/ (that's the recipe)

I really liked how Mkcha BK Jo's tasted at Burger King a few years ago. Then they changed the formula.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Wendy's has 99-cent iced coffee in a few flavors. Medium or small (Wendy's medium is larger than Starbucks venti).
    I don't know whether the iced coffee at Wendy's contains any of the sketchy ingredients used at McDonald's.
    But Wendy's price is right.

Thank you golden411 and John King.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Did either of the post have links? I can't find anything but the one above.

I didn't know Wendy's has iced coffees! Is it nationwide?

Nutritional Info - Wendy's Vanilla Iced Coffee - Value
    Calories - 60 (from Fat - 20)
    Fat - 2.5g (Saturated Fat - 1.5g)
    Sodium - 25mg
    Carbs - 8g (Sugar - 7g)
    Protein - 1g

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Johar View Post
    I didn't know Wendy's has iced coffees! Is it nationwide?

Nutritional Info - Wendy's Vanilla Iced Coffee - Value
    Calories - 60 (from Fat - 20)
    Fat - 2.5g (Saturated Fat - 1.5g)
    Sodium - 25mg
    Carbs - 8g (Sugar - 7g)
    Protein - 1g
    Given there's a whole website on it: http://www.wendysbreakfast.com/food/redhead-coffee.html, I think it's nationwide.

I like Wendy's a lot for a fast-food place. Sadly, my town lost BOTH our Wendy's locations last year due to some food safety issues from the franchisee. One is now a Carl's Jr. (which I don't like that much) and the other is a fast-food Mexican joint.

Custom Title
    Too bad, Mrs. P. Wendy's is my favorite of the fast-food companies. It has that great baked potato, which makes a perfect meal all by itself with any of the toppings (and it's pretty healthful for a fast food dish), and its Caesar side salad is very tasty. (At least, this all was true last time I went in; I haven't had a chance to visit a Wendy's in awhile.)

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Too bad, Mrs. P. Wendy's is my favorite of the fast-food companies. It has that great baked potato, which makes a perfect meal all by itself with any of the toppings (and it's pretty healthful for a fast food dish), and its Caesar side salad is very tasty. (At least, this all was true last time I went in; I haven't had a chance to visit a Wendy's in awhile.)
    I love the baked potato! My favorite thing to do is have the baked potato and chili and dump the chili in the potato. Perfect dish for a rainy or cold day.

Also, as someone who writes for a living, I appreciate that you used healthful rather than healthy to describe the dish.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I love the baked potato! My favorite thing to do is have the baked potato and chili and dump the chili in the potato. Perfect dish for a rainy or cold day.

Also, as someone who writes for a living, I appreciate that you used healthful rather than healthy to describe the dish.
    Thanks for noticing! I try to remember to use the word correctly.

Yes, a baked potato is one of the ultimate comfort foods. (And a source of vitamin C!)

Not a coffee drinker myself, but I've heard that the problem with iced coffee (and tea) is that it's not typically brewed strong enough to stand up the melting ice. Considering that the cup is filled with about 66% ice, that's a lot of ice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast