Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Iced coffees. Yay or nay?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    Not a coffee drinker myself, but I've heard that the problem with iced coffee (and tea) is that it's not typically brewed strong enough to stand up the melting ice. Considering that the cup is filled with about 66% ice, that's a lot of ice.
    That's why cold brewed coffee is better--doesn't need as much ice and the ice does not melt quickly.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    File under "Worlds Colliding" :

Ryan Stevens ‏@ohh_n
    Iced coffee inspired by the ice's best friend, the Zamboni! Dogwood Coffee Company is selling a Zamboni inspired... http://fb.me/1ObfBGcHO
    3:16 AM - 30 Jul 13
    https://twitter.com/ohh_n/status/362154718077784064

(BTW, this coffee is intended for cold brewing. I am not endorsing it -- simply was amused by the tweet above.)

I don't drink coffee but it's not surprising that McD's product is sketchy. Even their orange juice is scary. If you leave it sitting in the fridge the mixture sinks and the water (?) floats on top. YOU CANNOT REMIX IT. I don't know what is in it, but it's scary to think about. (And yet that stuff is addicting.)

Custom Title
    You mean it's not just me that doesn't drink coffee, Toni? Yay! I'm not alone. Do you drink tea? It has its charms.

I've never had McDonald's orange juice. Every now and then I get the urge for something wicked and salty, and I get a small serving of fries. Even Tropicana from a carton sounds better than what you just described. (Actually, Tropicana from a carton is pretty good.)

I only drink minute maid orange juice. it's very close to what the juice at mcdonalds uses. and no, I don't drink tea. hate the stuff.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    After a visit to Wendy's today, I realized that I forgot to mention earlier that I do have one quibble:
    My local Wendy's outpost does not offer iced decaf. (Dunno whether other locations do.) It does offer hot decaf.
    But still can't argue with the price for iced coffee.

I went to our local and only Wendy's. They are NOT offering iced coffees. Don't know if they are going to offer them in the future, either.

Custom Title
    These days, I've given up on counting additives. I don't like them, but theoretically, most corporates' main menus are safe for human body (that's how the additives are engineered to be). Also, most harm is done from the product itself - sugar and cream in the coffee, and sometimes caffein - so too much of anything is really what matters, I guess.

I go to Tim Hortons, so I have no issue getting a cheap iced coffee - although I often go for Iced Cappuccino. I don't know what they use in the iced cap mix, but cream and milk do come separately in milk/cream cartons. I go back and forth between those and my coffee machine or instant coffee.

* As for the orange juice, because I squeeze a lot of fruit juices myself, I know that natural ones do separate after sitting some time. Packaged ones have lots of sugar and non-separating agent, which is how they stay sweet and pretty; Minuite Maid too, and McD uses MM juice! (I'm also a MM fan). This doesn't mean they are bad, just that some of the the natural sugar from fruits that are missing (they can't use perfectly ripe and sweet premium fruits all the time, and fruits' tastes are inconsistent) is replaced by alternatives - and sometimes a lot more sugar than natural ones. Feel free to drink (most of) the juices! Just a reminder that, in the sterilization process, Vitamin C is easily destroyed. Easier consumption with drug store supplements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2