Iced coffees. Yay or nay? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Iced coffees. Yay or nay?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
After a visit to Wendy's today, I realized that I forgot to mention earlier that I do have one quibble:
My local Wendy's outpost does not offer iced decaf. (Dunno whether other locations do.) It does offer hot decaf.
But still can't argue with the price for iced coffee.​

Johar

Medalist
I went to our local and only Wendy's. They are NOT offering iced coffees. Don't know if they are going to offer them in the future, either.

bebevia

On the Ice
These days, I've given up on counting additives. I don't like them, but theoretically, most corporates' main menus are safe for human body (that's how the additives are engineered to be). Also, most harm is done from the product itself - sugar and cream in the coffee, and sometimes caffein - so too much of anything is really what matters, I guess.

I go to Tim Hortons, so I have no issue getting a cheap iced coffee - although I often go for Iced Cappuccino. I don't know what they use in the iced cap mix, but cream and milk do come separately in milk/cream cartons. I go back and forth between those and my coffee machine or instant coffee.

* As for the orange juice, because I squeeze a lot of fruit juices myself, I know that natural ones do separate after sitting some time. Packaged ones have lots of sugar and non-separating agent, which is how they stay sweet and pretty; Minuite Maid too, and McD uses MM juice! (I'm also a MM fan). This doesn't mean they are bad, just that some of the the natural sugar from fruits that are missing (they can't use perfectly ripe and sweet premium fruits all the time, and fruits' tastes are inconsistent) is replaced by alternatives - and sometimes a lot more sugar than natural ones. Feel free to drink (most of) the juices! Just a reminder that, in the sterilization process, Vitamin C is easily destroyed. Easier consumption with drug store supplements :)