The Worst coaches in the world in each discipline ? | Golden Skate

The Worst coaches in the world in each discipline ?

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Coaches you would never want to learn from

Since we just had the best coaches thread i thought i would start one about the coaches you would least likely learn from

Feel free to say choreographers as well as coaches from each discipline

Icey

Record Breaker
Working hard is not enough, they must have the skill to do their jobs well and some don't.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
While it is always easy to identify the fastest runners, because they are out ahead of the pack, it's not so easy to name a worst runner, or the worst of anything, because there are so many contenders for the titles ;)

gkelly

Record Breaker
If "worst" coaching means least effective at teaching technical skills or other skills needed for successful skating, then I think it's a fair bet that the very worst are people we have never heard of.

And, as dorispulaski suggests, too numerous to name, as well as too obscure.

gmyers

Record Breaker
You can talk about some nasty rumors and like that of gordeeva's abusive coach that came from her book!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Or all the coaches who have been sanctioned by the PSA-but even though the coaches abused the confidence, and in some case, the physical persons of the skaters they coached, I would rather not invade the privacy of the skaters involved by telling these stories.

The coaches deserved to be pilloried thus, however.

LRK

Record Breaker
If "worst" coaching means least effective at teaching technical skills or other skills needed for successful skating, then I think it's a fair bet that the very worst are people we have never heard of.And, as dorispulaski suggests, too numerous to name, as well as too obscure.

This was my first thought precisely!

bebevia

On the Ice
I neither feel bad nor good about the topic, but...
The worst ones and contenders didn't even make it into the Elite pool, so no hope for us to find out :(

I mean, you can't mess up arithmetics and hope to be known in University calculus, right? So, I guess, the topic should say "Which coach amongst those who regularly train elite skaters do you hate the most?"

NOT that I have ones I would refrain from had I had a talented skating child. However, I think I've said it about skaters, but coaches too, the regular faces at ISU are already better ones than the most who aren't - there's always a cutline for everything (like top 70% talent or something - pass highschool with a B-average before college). Mandy Moore and Britney Spears were beaten up their entire peak careers as those wh***s who can't sing, but they're great vocalists, just too common and not noteworthy compared to Beyonce et al; many American Idol top 10s are forgettable (some I just can't approve), but just look at the rest 99%!

I know, I know, music world is way too big and advanced and competitive to be compared to FS, but hey, I'm trying to make a point. (No offence to math too! I was a math major!)

My point is, really bad ones and worst ones have no chance of seeing the light of the ISU stage, so we can't possibly debate without some conditional references; very different from finding the best coach.

===

+
I see that many already said so. In better ways. Oh well.