Favorite skaters of everyone here | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Favorite skaters of everyone here

shdotz

On the Ice
Favorite Skaters?

G&G
Ilia Kulik
Ekaterina Gordeeva
Dancers? The American Pair who are no longer competing; the became engaged in Paris. I don't believe they skate anymore; they won U.S. and other competitions.

sh

enchantment19

Rinkside
Some of my favorites

Hi everyone! I've been lurking around here for a while too and i thought i would add my favorites too. :)

Pairs:
Gordeeva & Grinkov-for their power, grace, and beauty-there will never be another pair like that.
Bechke and Petrov-loved them after seeing them on SOI they completely left me captivated.
The current Chinese World Champions-one word "WOW"
Ina & Zimmerman-they should have been on the podium in Salt Lake City

Mens:
Scott Hamilton-the best showman in figure skating today with great footwork!
Kurt Browning-amazing skater
Scott Davis-the best spins i've seen, too bad his eligible career did not last that long
Paul Wylie-Passionate, powerful, amazing!

Ladies:
Michelle Kwan-for all the reasons that everyone has said
Angela-I hope next year she'll make it to worlds
Kristi-versitile
Amber Corwin is a wonderful skater too

Dance: I havent been following the current eligible skaters
Torvell & Dean-Bolero
Roca and Sur-beautiful!

berthes ghost

Final Flight
Scott Davis-the best spins i've seen, too bad his eligible career did not last that long

I love Scott too!

I was wondering what you meant by this comment though.

Scott skated on the national level for 13 years, 8 years as a senior IIRC.

indiaskye1

Rinkside
My favorite skater is Emanuel Sandhu ... he's just brilliant, and I am glad that he *finally* gets to show the world what he's made of ...

... other skaters I like are Kyoko Ina & John Zimmerman, Sasha Cohen, Takeshi Hona, Fumie Suguri, Alexei Yagudin, Susanna Poekyoe, Elena Berezhnaya & Anton Sikharulidze, Jamie Sale & David Pelletier ...

those are all that I can think of right now.

Vanessa
:)

shine

Record Breaker
Hi Vanessa, I love your Sandhu page! Had fun especially reading your encounters with Emaneul. He's amazing! :)

Kotik

Rinkside
De-lurking...

Top 5

Ladies :
Lu Chen
Katarina Witt
Kristie Yamaguchi
Olga Markova
Midori Ito

Gents :
Alexander Abt
Alexei Urmanov
Viktor Petrenko
Rudi Tcherne (sp ?)
Alexei Yagudin
(and I can add Brian Boitano and Josef Sabocik)

Pairs :
Mishkutenok/Dmetriev
Kovarikova/Novotny
Woetzel/Steuer
Valova/Vassiliev
Hartshorn/Sweiding

Dancers :
Klimova/Ponomarenko
Bestemianova/Bukin
Anissina/Peizerat
Krylova/Ovsiannikov
Gritshuk/Platov

Re-lurking...:D

Kotik

Seonaid920

On the Ice
These are my favorites in no particular order,

Ineligible Men,

Paul Wylie
Kurt Browning
Ilia Kulik

Eligibles,

Yvgeny Plushenko
Stephan Lambiel
Emmanuel Sandhu
Ilia Klimkin
Johnny Weir

Ineligible Ladies,

Lu Chen
Kristi Yamaguchi
Oksana Baiul
Tara Lipinski
Ekaterina Gordeeva
Lucinda Ruh

Eligibles,

Sasha Cohen
Michelle Kwan
Jenny Kirk
Shizuka Arakawa
Ye Bin Mok
Angela Nikodinov
Fumie Suguri

Pairs:

Gordeeva & Grinkov
Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze
Bechke & Petrov
Mishkutenok & Dmitriev
Steigler & whomever (usa)
Shen & Zhao

Dance:
Roca & Sur
Torville & Dean
Klimova & Ponomarenko
:D

Last edited:

Kotik

Rinkside
lulu said:
Don't relurk-you have great taste in figure skating!!!:D

Thank you :)
Actually, I'm happily surprised that Mishkutenok/Dmetriev are so often cited. But I still don't remember how to spell "Rudi Tcherne" properly :p Is there any German friends here who can help me ?
Thanks in advance
Kotik

lulu

Final Flight
Kotik said:
Thank you :)
Actually, I'm happily surprised that Mishkutenok/Dmetriev are so often cited.
Me too! M&D love fest! :love:

But I still don't remember how to spell "Rudi Tcherne" properly :p Is there any German friends here who can help me ?
Thanks in advance
Kotik
This embarassing, I have no idea who Rudi Tcherne even is!:eek:

Last edited:

Germanice

On the Ice
Rudi Cerne was a quite popular skater in Germany and Europe at the beginn of the Eighties, along with Norbert Schramm. Whereas Schramm became European Champion and Vice World Champion (behind Scott Hamilton) several times, Cerne got on the podium at European Championships more than once. Over and above that he earned 4th place at the Olympic Games 1984 in Sarajevo.

Cerne became dentist after his skating career, now he's presenting several sport programmes on German TV, but unfortunately he doesn't comment skating events anymore. Over and above that he's also "host" of a kinda "Wanted"-programme, where TV viewers were asked to help the police in their search after criminals.

Anke

Last edited:

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Thanks, Anke. I've never seen Rudi Cerne, and how odd that he hosts a "Germany's Most Wanted"! I also have a question for you or anyone that knows. Where is Tonja Sweczenko and how/what is she doing? I always loved her.

Kotik,

Certainly don't relurk! Although I didn't list them, I did enjoy Olga Markova at times (she had such a great short program at the 1995 Worlds). I always enjoyed Kovarikova & Novotny. They were a beautiful pair and I was so pleased when they FINALLY won the world title in 1995. I also really enjoyed Woetzl & Steuer and always felt they deserved better marks, but their world title win in 1997 definitely was a crowning achievement for them. You have quite an interesting list, I urge you to share more of your opinions!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
OK, let's see, I'll just keep it down to my top 5:

MEN: Alexei Yagudin, Brian Orser, Josef Sabovcik, Paul Wylie, Christopher Bowman.
LADIES: Denise Biellmann, Lucinda Ruh, Caryn Kadavy, Tatyana Malinina, Josee Chouinard.
PAIRS: Sale & Pelletier, Mishkotniek & Dmitriev, Hough & Ladret, Kitty & Peter Carrathurs, Shen & Zhao.
DANCE: Blumberg & Seibert, Engi & Toth, Anissina & Peizerat, Bourne & Kraatz, Bestemianova & Bukin.

Germanice

On the Ice
BronzeisGolden said:
Thanks, Anke. I've never seen Rudi Cerne, and how odd that he hosts a "Germany's Most Wanted"! I also have a question for you or anyone that knows. Where is Tonja Sweczenko and how/what is she doing? I always loved her.
I guess the season after Worlds 1994 Tanja S. became síck with a kinda virus infection, which is rather harmless for kids, but serious and lenghty for adults. This illness went on for a pretty long time, it took away her stamina and, also, endorsements and money. Several efforts to come back on ice failed. And due to some stupid remarks and actions (she did pose nude in German "Playboy"-magazine) she also lost an amount of sympathy. At the very end even the bailiff was almost standing right in front of her door. Sad story.

The better part of it: After that she became one dancer in an Irish kinda "Lord of the dance"-show, and now she's an actress in popular comedy plays in theatres http://www.kulturkreis-wasserscheide.de/Burbach-Veranstaltungen/ein-ehemann-zur-ansicht.htm . And, from what I've heard, she's doing well there and is quite successful. She also appears in small TV movie roles and talk shows from time to time.

Anke

Last edited:

Kati

On the Ice
Some of my favs...

Men:
John Curry
Robin Cousins
Viktor Petrenko
Alexander Abt
Ilia Kulik
Evgeni Plushenko
Stephane Lambiel

Ladies:
Katarina Witt
Midori Ito
Kristi Yamaguchi
Oksana Baiul
Marie-Pierre Leray
Lu Chen
Irina Slutskaya
Sasha Cohen
Susanna Pöykiö

Pairs:
Gordeeva&Grinkov
Kovarikova&Novotny
Shen&Zhao
Bereznaya&Sikharulidze
Julia Obertas&various partners

Dance:
Moiseeva&Minenkov
Regöczy&Sallay
Klimova&Ponomarenko
Usova&Zhulin
Krylova&Ovchiannikov
Anissina&Peizerat
Drobiazko&Vanagas

SkaterBrett

Rinkside
My top 3 favorite skaters are:

Dance:
1) Megan Wing & Aaron Lowe
2) Tanith & Ben
3) Kimberly Navarro & Robert Shmalo (sad that they split :cry: )

Pairs:
1) Putnam & Wirtz
2) Marcoux & Buntin
3) Sale & Pelletier

Mens:
1) Shawn Sawyer
2) Keegan Murphy
3) Jeff Buttle

Ladies:
1) Joannie Rochette
2) Cynthia Phaneuf
3) Sasha Cohen