Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lake Placid ice dance championships

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Thank you for the detailed info! Hope you all have a good time at Champ's Camp.

I really like A/E's FD: there were a couple of evident mistakes there, but I see a lot of potential in that dance, but I didn't like their SD: the music (especially the first one) is not really good and, although there was a very technically well-executed Finnstep, I didn't have any "quickstep feeling" from the program... But I can see a great future ahead of them!

On the Ice

Spelling Correction

The”Man With The Hex” soundtrack is from the Box Office hit Cartoon-Movie "Scooby-Do" which grossed over $275,000,000 Worldwide. The music is a Quickstep at 2/4 time with tempo of 52 measures of 2 beats per minute – exactly 104 beats per minute. Angelika wanted modern for A&E instead of Charleston, which will be heard most of the time. Perhaps she wanted more popular, modern music for A&E's Senior Debut that would appeal to a younger television audience.

“Hey Pachuco” from ”The Mask” Soundtrack had over 2,307,427 Million Hits on You-Tube and is used on DWTS. The Short Dance is “Birth of the Swerve Music” by Detroit's Atomic Fireballs.

Glad you liked the Free Dance - We are appreciative that you took time to look at the kid's programs - Thank You http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/ima...lies/smile.gif
    Last edited by Turbo-Mom; 08-06-2013 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Mis-spelled

Medalist
    Turbo-Mom, if you have been reading the posts for any length of time, I'm sure that you have seen all kinds of fan reactions to music selections. There are those of us that like strictly classical or traditional music and do not want to hear anything popular and then there are others of us who wish teams would move to more contemporary or even avant garde selections. Music appreciation relates to one's own personal taste and any comments (positive, neutral or negative) should always be taken in that light.

ETA
    The above response was to Turbo-Mom's initial post in which she wondered (now edited out) why a previous poster did not care for A/E's SD music. I add this note to clarify my post, as well as Doris' (below).

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Conga is absolutely right-there is no perfect music choice that everyone will love-BTW, I liked the music to both programs, and am quite fond of Man With the Hex, and thought it really worked well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3