Lake Placid ice dance championships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Lake Placid ice dance championships

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I totally agree. I also liked Jean Luc in his previous partnership, which ended due to his partner Joylyn Yang's career ending injury. I'm hoping he and Kaitlyn will have a stellar season on the JGP.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I don't know what's happening, but icenetwork has popups that come up before the gallery. You might want to unblock popups. Also, double click on the compatability view icon on the address bar in your browser, if it has one, because icenetwork appears to have some back level code. (In explorer, it's that icon that looks like a piece of paper torn in half next to the refresh icon and the URL.

conga

On the Ice
Thanks for your responses, Doris and blancaneives. Simply unblocking the popups worked for me!

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
From A&E's Blog
We are very grateful for the wonderful time we had at 2013 Lake Placid Ice Dance Competition. Had a TES of 29.63 and PCS of 24.82 in Short Dance to Finnstep (Level 3 YNY and Level 4 YYY). One Point Deduction for extended lift and a Level 1 on Twizzles (toe touch), otherwise we thought it was a decent performance for early in the season. Start working with Michael Leminski, again on the 15th, and over next few months to improve Short Dance PCS score.

Free Dance was TES of 39.35 and PCS of 39.68. Diagonal only Level 2 so needs work. Alex’s right shoulder pull was almost 100% better, but we left in the compensatory lifts and still had an extended lift (1 point deduction) on SiLi which was only a Level 1, hand down. Great opportunity to rest our bodies while in Lake Placid and prepare for intensive training that begins again on Tuesday.

Daniel has been coming to Lake Placid Ice Dance Competition since 2003 (Juvenile) with Brielle O’Connor (Space Coast Figure Skating Club). Missed 2007 when “Cadaver Boy” had Talus Bone transplant in Left Ankle. We love coming to Lake Placid – Your heart starts pumping faster as you cross over Ogdensburg Bridge and head into Adirondack State Park. In CY 1980 only 604 families lived in Lake Placid and this little village had already hosted two Winter Olympic games – so proud to be a part of this.

Daniel left for Burlington, VT, to catch flight to Chicago. Surprise 21st Birthday Party at the Lollapalooza Concert in Grand Park, for his girlfriend “Georgia Glastris”. Meeting the girls from U of M’s Kappa Kappa Gamma, and Anastasia Olson, Trevor Young and friends. Should be a blast. http://www.lollapalooza.com/ Back on ice at Detroit Skating Club on Tuesday Morning to start getting ready for Champs Camp and Cup of China.

http://youtu.be/RcTZ_xXR8z8

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thank you for the detailed info! Hope you all have a good time at Champ's Camp.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I really like A/E's FD: there were a couple of evident mistakes there, but I see a lot of potential in that dance, but I didn't like their SD: the music (especially the first one) is not really good and, although there was a very technically well-executed Finnstep, I didn't have any "quickstep feeling" from the program... But I can see a great future ahead of them!

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
Spelling Correction

The”Man With The Hex” soundtrack is from the Box Office hit Cartoon-Movie "Scooby-Do" which grossed over $275,000,000 Worldwide. The music is a Quickstep at 2/4 time with tempo of 52 measures of 2 beats per minute – exactly 104 beats per minute. Angelika wanted modern for A&E instead of Charleston, which will be heard most of the time. Perhaps she wanted more popular, modern music for A&E's Senior Debut that would appeal to a younger television audience.

“Hey Pachuco” from ”The Mask” Soundtrack had over 2,307,427 Million Hits on You-Tube and is used on DWTS. The Short Dance is “Birth of the Swerve Music” by Detroit's Atomic Fireballs.

Glad you liked the Free Dance - We are appreciative that you took time to look at the kid's programs - Thank You http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Last edited:

conga

On the Ice
Turbo-Mom, if you have been reading the posts for any length of time, I'm sure that you have seen all kinds of fan reactions to music selections. There are those of us that like strictly classical or traditional music and do not want to hear anything popular and then there are others of us who wish teams would move to more contemporary or even avant garde selections. Music appreciation relates to one's own personal taste and any comments (positive, neutral or negative) should always be taken in that light.

ETA
The above response was to Turbo-Mom's initial post in which she wondered (now edited out) why a previous poster did not care for A/E's SD music. I add this note to clarify my post, as well as Doris' (below).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Conga is absolutely right-there is no perfect music choice that everyone will love-BTW, I liked the music to both programs, and am quite fond of Man With the Hex, and thought it really worked well.