Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46

Thread: List of participants JGP II Mexico 2013

  1. #31
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Changes to the roster:
    MEN: Cameron HEMMERT (AUS) removed, no replacement

    LADIES: Dominica MURCKOVA (SVK) added

    DANCE:
    SMITH / EISENBAUER (AUT) removed, no replacement - they will skate in SVK JGP
    CLARKSON / CHAPPLAIN (GRN) removed, no replacement, no event scheduled
    POPOVA / VLASENKO (RUS) removed, no replacement - they will skate in SVK and BLR JGPs
    DEMIRSAL / AKALIN (TUR) removed - they will skate in BLR JGP
    4 out of 8 entries have withdrawn without replacement??? Is that correct? In that case 75% of entries will have a medal! Points for placings should be factored against number of entries.

  2. #32
    Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Chemistry Building
    Posts
    1,472
    Quote Originally Posted by jolen View Post
    4 out of 8 entries have withdrawn without replacement??? Is that correct? In that case 75% of entries will have a medal! Points for placings should be factored against number of entries.
    There's still 8 teams on the list though.

    As of http://web.archive.org/web/201308160...at00027999.htm there were 11 total which was different from what I had seen the other day. This has three teams, but not the TUR team, that were removed.

    I think those might have been originally there but BEFORE I mentioned it being 8 teams. There's still 8 on the list.

  3. #33
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    248
    My podium guess:

    1 & 2: Edmunds and/or Kaiumova

    3, 4 & 5: Bell, Seguine and/or Ogoreltzeva

    6 & 7: Hongo and/or Choi

  4. #34
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky85 View Post
    My podium guess:

    1 & 2: Edmunds and/or Kaiumova
    Good choice, I wish them both success!!!
    Whoever makes a cleaner skate-wins

  5. #35
    #TeamAUS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,572
    Go Brooklee Han!!! From looking at the entries, she can easily achieve a top 10 result!!

  6. #36
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,571
    Luv my Brooklee!

  7. #37
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Luv my Brooklee!
    I also love Brooklee even thought she doesn't have all the triples. She is a joy to watch. I really loved her Ave Maria last season!!

  8. #38
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,571
    Contenders (in no particular order)

    MEN
    NGUYEN (CAN)
    HINO (JPN)
    LEE (KOR)
    LAZUKIN (RUS)
    CHEN, HIWATASHI (USA)


    LADIES
    HAN (AUS)
    MARTIN, SEGUIN (CAN)
    HONGO (JPN)
    KAIUMOVA, OGORELTSEVA (RUS)
    EDMUNDS, BELL (USA)


    DANCE
    HAWAYEK / BAKER (USA)
    EDWARDS / PANG (CAN)
    EVDOKIMOVA / BAZIN (RUS)
    SFORZA / FIORETTI (ITA)

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Kayumova is a non factor, she has inconsistent jumps and they are not of good quality that can get zero to negative goes, she can get low pcs too.

    Ogoreltseva if she can land her jumps and 3lo-3lo has a better chance

  10. #40
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,801
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Contenders (in no particular order)

    MEN
    NGUYEN (CAN)
    HINO (JPN)
    LEE (KOR)
    LAZUKIN (RUS)
    CHEN, HIWATASHI (USA)
    HIWATASHI landed at US Championships only 3S and 3T of triples. It is normal for his age (2000), but gives him no real chance at JGP.

    Alexei GENIA (17 Sep 1999) being about same age has 3Lz+3T and on results of 2012/2013 season is about the same level as Lazukin (he won Lazukin several times at season, Lazukin also won Genia).
    So if mentioning Lazukin it is good to mention Genia also.

  11. #41
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,801
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Kayumova is a non factor, she has inconsistent jumps and they are not of good quality that can get zero to negative goes, she can get low pcs too.

    Ogoreltseva if she can land her jumps and 3lo-3lo has a better chance
    Girl who lands 7 triples in FS (repeating 3Lz and 3F) plus two 2A, can not be "non factor" in Junior competitions.

  12. #42
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,571
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    HIWATASHI landed at US Championships only 3S and 3T of triples. It is normal for his age (2000), but gives him no real chance at JGP.

    Alexei GENIA (17 Sep 1999) being about same age has 3Lz+3T and on results of 2012/2013 season is about the same level as Lazukin (he won Lazukin several times at season, Lazukin also won Genia).
    So if mentioning Lazukin it is good to mention Genia also.
    Lazukin has already competed in the JGP last season and finished 7th; Genia is making his JGP debut. With some improvement, Lazukin could be a contender. Genia may have done well in Russian competition, but he is an unknown factor internationally.

  13. #43
    Custom Title SaraM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky85 View Post
    I also love Brooklee even thought she doesn't have all the triples. She is a joy to watch. I really loved her Ave Maria last season!!
    Ahhh shes a pleasure to watch!! Her sp from words still on of my fav programs of the season, and her layback is georgeous!

  14. #44
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    59
    Order of skate is up and I noticed there is now only 7 dance teams. One of the Canadian teams are missing.

  15. #45
    Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Chemistry Building
    Posts
    1,472
    Quote Originally Posted by from the sidelines View Post
    Order of skate is up and I noticed there is now only 7 dance teams. One of the Canadian teams are missing.
    Kind of ridiculous. I know that # of competitors is one of the tie breakers, but it's one of the last few. Considering how it easily skews the points if there are less competitors (e.g. 7 teams total means just under 43! percent will get medals and ALL 7 teams gain points), it maybe should be given more consideration.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •