Senior Ladies FS 2013-2014 Base Value | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies FS 2013-2014 Base Value

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Not really worried. you can cripple yourself on any jump if you over do it. Unfortunately, injuries are part of this sport. Look at for example Czisny. Labral tear in her hip and she didn't even do the 3-loop-3-loop.

Conversely, Irina did mostly 3R combos and never had hip problems IIRC.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
She simply doesn't have the flexibility to pull it off. Would that even earn her a Level 4 in competition?
No, it wouldn't... Even a perfect Biellman like Alissa's doesn't always receive level 4, this horrible "imitation" of a Biellman won't even receive a level 3 I think (it all depends on how she performs the rest of the spin, too, obviously)...

Krislite

Medalist
She simply doesn't have the flexibility to pull it off. Would that even earn her a Level 4 in competition?

The foot needs to be above the head and held for several more revolutions. Given the pain it must take for her to gain the flexibility for a Biellmann, she's better off focusing her efforts elsewhere.

Moment

Final Flight
She didn't even hold the haircutter long enough. Both the haircutter and the Biellmann needs to be held at least for two full revoultions.

The spin is level 2 if done in a competition.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
She didn't even hold the haircutter long enough. Both the haircutter and the Biellmann needs to be held at least for two full revoultions.

The spin is level 2 if done in a competition.

With -GOE probably b/c it traveled quite a bit. She's always had issues centering...

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Yeah, even the spin at the end is poorly centred.

Definitely not her best spin. That Biellmann looks really strained and the haircutter should be held longer. The actual layback position is poor, too. I'd cut her some slack since it wasn't a competition, but even in competitions she's had centring issues as mentioned.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Slack shouldn't be cut because "it wasn't a competition". How you practice = how you compete. If your spins suck in practice, they will typically suck in competition.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
This is the updated ranking:
1) Mao Asada: 68.65 (I considered the layout she used at 2013 Worlds and WTT because she has already said that her layout will be almost the same)
2) Courtney Hicks: 62.83 (2013 Glacier Falls with the 3F+3T at the beginning)
3) Gracie Gold: 62.11 (2013 Skate Milwaukee with the 2A+3T in the second half)
4) Elena Radionova: 61.90
5) Elizaveta Tuktamysheva: 61.61 (she never usually changes her layout, I considered the 2A+3T in the second half as she did last season; I considered a level3 LSp)
6) Zijun Li: 61.20
7) Satoko Miyahara: 61.12
8) Akiko Suzuki: 60.85 (I considered the one she attempted at her summer competition, but she could add a second loop instead of the salchow)
9) Ashley Wagner: 60.03 (she moved the 3Lz to the second half and added the 3Lo+2A last season and I think that she'll keep these layout b/c they worked well)
10) Anna Pogorilaya: 60.02 (as suggested by AlexRus, adding the 2 points of the ChSq to her Junior Worlds BV, but she could change her layout for her Senior debut)
11) Alena Leonova: 59.35 (she almost never changed her layout during these last years except for the spins, so I thought that I could already consider it)
12) Kexin Zhang: 59.33
13) Samantha Cesario: 59.16
14) Kiira Korpi: 58.91 (I considered her injury-free layout, with lutz and flip)
15) Mirai Nagasu: 58.71 (2013 Glacier Falls)
16) Yu-Na Kim: 58.22 (last year's layout, that won't probably change, with a level 3 LSp)
17) Kaetlyn Osmons: 57.05 (I considered the 3F+2T in the first half as last season)
18) Caroline Zhang: 56.72 (I added her because her layout never changed during the last couple of years)
(we can't know anything from what Gao did at her summer competition; the same for Sotnikova at the test, we only had part of the FS)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Slack shouldn't be cut because "it wasn't a competition". How you practice = how you compete. If your spins suck in practice, they will typically suck in competition.

True, but usually in practice or exhibitions, skaters won't be going for levels as they would in competition.

hanca

Record Breaker

Maybe, but some values you used from worlds when the skate is in top shape and the spins have the best level the skater can achieve, and some values you used from summer competition or even practice when the skaters are obviously not in top shape and the may be trying something new, new spins, the program doesn't have mileage etc. I don't think that's a fair comparison. Obviously if you don't have flip or Lutz in the summer the chances are that you won't have it in a few months time during competition, but the spin levels may go up.

mskater93

Record Breaker
True, but usually in practice or exhibitions, skaters won't be going for levels as they would in competition.
It sounded like she made an attempt at these spins and therefore was TRYING to get the levels, otherwise she should have just done a more basic spin if it "was just a practice or exhibition". If the spin was terrible (which it sounds like it was), then why attempt it at all?

gmyers

Record Breaker
Well you have to test!! You need to try things out! Unfortunately plushenko did a better beilmann in 2010 Japan open! I forget what a Half beilman might be called but certainly beilman is something Liza can't do and it's nothing to feel bad about!! But trying is the only way to test!

jatale

On the Ice
A very impressive FS BV for Mao! What was the highest BV she actually achieved last year in competition? What is so striking is that her top possible BV is almost SIX points ahead of the next skater on the list! Is this basically because of the 3A?

Mirunna

Record Breaker
A very impressive FS BV for Mao! What was the highest BV she actually achieved last year in competition? What is so striking is that her top possible BV is almost SIX points ahead of the next skater on the list! Is this basically because of the 3A?

This, and that she is going for 8 triples. However she so far didn't even come close to hit the BV because of her UR issues. Still, at worlds, she didn't do the 3F-3L, did only a 3F< and tacked a 2L to her solo 3Loop. Despite this, she still got the highest Base Value IIRC. On paper, if she is clean and gets full credit for everything, she is unbeatable.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
This is the updated ranking:
1) Mao Asada: 68.65 (I considered the layout she used at 2013 Worlds and WTT because she has already said that her layout will be almost the same)
2) Courtney Hicks: 62.83 (2013 Glacier Falls with the 3F+3T at the beginning)
3) Gracie Gold: 62.11 (2013 Skate Milwaukee with the 2A+3T in the second half)
4) Elena Radionova: 61.90
5) Elizaveta Tuktamysheva: 61.61 (she never usually changes her layout, I considered the 2A+3T in the second half as she did last season; I considered a level3 LSp)
6) Zijun Li: 61.20
7) Satoko Miyahara: 61.12
8) Akiko Suzuki: 60.85 (I considered the one she attempted at her summer competition, but she could add a second loop instead of the salchow)
9) Ashley Wagner: 60.03 (she moved the 3Lz to the second half and added the 3Lo+2A last season and I think that she'll keep these layout b/c they worked well)
10) Anna Pogorilaya: 60.02 (as suggested by AlexRus, adding the 2 points of the ChSq to her Junior Worlds BV, but she could change her layout for her Senior debut)
11) Alena Leonova: 59.35 (she almost never changed her layout during these last years except for the spins, so I thought that I could already consider it)
12) Kexin Zhang: 59.33
13) Samantha Cesario: 59.16
14) Kiira Korpi: 58.91 (I considered her injury-free layout, with lutz and flip)
15) Mirai Nagasu: 58.71 (2013 Glacier Falls)
16) Yu-Na Kim: 58.22 (last year's layout, that won't probably change, with a level 3 LSp)
17) Kaetlyn Osmons: 57.05 (I considered the 3F+2T in the first half as last season)
18) Caroline Zhang: 56.72 (I added her because her layout never changed during the last couple of years)
(we can't know anything from what Gao did at her summer competition; the same for Sotnikova at the test, we only had part of the FS)

I am curious what these BV ranking would be like prior to the post Olympic round of score and rule changes, particularly with regard to the increase point changes for 3loop, 3A, the 3T etc..and elements that had been depreciated. Bear in mind what you are allowed to do and not allowed to do determines the current layout. Also for things like lessen penalty for UR from down grade and GOES.

What was the BV ranking like during the last Olympic season for example?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I am curious what these BV ranking would be like prior to the post Olympic round of score and rule changes, particularly with regard to the increase point changes for 3loop, 3A, the 3T etc..and elements that had been depreciated. Bear in mind what you are allowed to do and not allowed to do determines the current layout. Also for things like lesson penalty for UR from down grade and GOES.

What was the BV ranking like during the last Olympic season for example?
Thank you for this interesting suggestion! If I have time, I'll try to do it (just the top10)...
The highest BV Mao achieved in competition last season was 62.30 at Worlds, where the only mistake that made her BV go down was in the second jump (as explained by Mirunna)