Original Dance - Notes & Results | Golden Skate

Original Dance - Notes & Results

Rosaleen

Medalist
I'm not great at dance so have done the best I can. Let me know if you have any questions.

AUS Buck / Nelson-Bond Start 1 Place 12
Notes him in black pants with white stripes & spats black shirt & yellow suspenders / her in yellow - they look really good together / they start out with the blue and are moving a bit slow but have a good feel for it / first lift is fairly basic but nice music switches to swing - Modest Kind of Love and they're into their strt line seq / good unison but not very difficult / right into the diag seq which again looks very good but the difficulty isn't there . It was an enjoyable dance to watch - they did the blues better than the swing

AUS Bourne / Pavlov Start 2 Place 13
Notes shiny bright purple & black she has lattice effect down one leg & arm / they start with St. James Infirmary blue and have a sultry feel to them / bit of a slip just before their first spin / music is now Jailhouse Rock / midline seq start quite far apart twizzles were more difficult than prev team and better speed drifted in and away from each other / they had started with diag steps which I didn't really see

CHN Yu / Wang Start 3 Place 10
Notes red & black / they start with the jive / midline seq was very good had some life to it was close together, quite fast & in sync / now into blues / they're skating long edge as fits the blues / dance spin is a bit sloppy / back to jive & diag steps good speed & flow coming right at me so hard to judge stepsdifficulty / lifts didn't stand out - I have to actually think about where they were in the pgm / definitely in 1st place right now

CHN Qi / Sun Start 4 Place 11
Notes her in white one shoulder top & black skirt with belt him in shiny black pants with sheer shirt over tank top / they start with blues for their 1st spin & lift / jailhouse rock for midline seq which had good sync / they're selling the program now and into diag seq - lots of pos changes & fairly good speed / lift to end goes wel with music / They didn't quite sell it to me although they were working hard at it - something seemed to be missing

CAN Dubreuil / Lauzon Start 5 Place 2
Notes her in red & white polka dots him in beige military style / they start out dancing in place to swing and down to the end into midline seq / good sync except for a tiny bit out in 2nd twizzles and got slow near end but very difficult - basically well done / into lift where she's strt & he turns her all around his body / into blue and their rot lift and then the dance spin / back to swing for the diag seq which seemed to start a bit far from the boards almost at the end he fell and she couldn't get out ofway and fell over him onto the ice took them a minute to get up

JPN Tsuzuki / Miyamoto Start 6 Place 9
Notes her in shiny pink him in black / bugle boy / right into diag seq fast & together but not many hand held changes alse ended near side as opposed to in corner / lift was a bit ackward and were into blue they've slowed in speed as well as in movement / I missed a lift somewhere / midline sqvery good unison bit on slow side at beginning seemed to speed up towards end /

CHN Yang / Gao Start 7 Place 6
Notes purple & blacksparkley / 1st music is blues / pretty good feel & edges for it - they did a full circle of the ice just dancing into lspin where music changes to boogie woogie / midline seq is good fast & close together seemed to have a bit too much 2footskating to me / then the lift - hard to describe into diag steps were ok / good life to their program

CAN Wing / Lowe Start 8 Place 4
Notes yeloww & red / swing right into diag steps good pos changes & speed close together - obviously a step up / into blue now / some nice dancing down length of rink into 1st lift white him in spread eagle and dance spin that goes into partial sit / back toswing and they're playing with music into midline with very god sync if not perfect good speed throughtout / now wil they get any ordinals from Dub/Lau???replay shows a tiny bit out of sync on one of the twizzles

USA Galley-Rabinowitz / Mitchell Start 9 Place 8
Notes her in red him in red shirt white undershirt & black pants / blues & rock /n roll / start out with blus - nice moves to the music into midline twizzles in one direction then other 2nd ones might have been a tiny bit out of sync / rotational life goes on forever into dance spin / now rock /n roll & they're having fun into diag steps coming at me / moving well fair bit of difficulty / lift where she goes over his head and down through his legs /

USA Belbin / Agosto Start 10 Place 1
Notes her in fushia with yellow polka dots & accents him in yellow shirt & striped pants / jitterbug to start - they're moving well & fast close together / into diag step lot of pos changes close & fast / now blueschange of edge lift him in spread eagle then shoot duck / dance spin with him in sit pos into midline stepsfast twizzles in great sync good movement into final lift / IMO no doubt that they're in first across the board, even without the fall by Dub Lau I think this would have been 1st place

USA Gregory / Petukhov Start 11 Place 3
Notes her in black & white polka dots with red under skirt him in black / rock around teh clock / diag step seq is pretty good moves quickly / sultry blues and they're moving with it into dance spin with her in camel pos / lift he briefly goes on one foot / great bals of fire sends them into midlie steps a coule of small breaks in unison but generally pretty good and they finish off with a lift

JPN Watanabe / Kido Start 12 Place 5
Notes both in black pants her with 1/2 hellow skirt him yelow jacket / rock 'n rll to start for diag steps / into blue for dance spin which creates some nice shapes/ nice long edges for blues / lift she start with leg on his shoulder into spinning lift / tuttie fruiti he does a cartwheel and they into fast midline steps that move really well but probably could use more detail / last lift seemed a little messy to me / good life & energy in the program - they've improved so much since I first saw them way back in ’98 or so

CAN Piche / Denis Start 13 Place 7
Notes he in silver with layers of string fringe him in grey vest pants / swing for midline bit far apart at startgood sync all the way through / blues - big spender cute hop by him to bell in music / neat low lift / swing again for dance spin which is very fast with good pos into diag steps that are fast maybe not as detailed as other teams / I really enjoyed this dance - lots of cute movement to music and they seemed to be having lots of fun

Generated by SK8Score

rain

Record Breaker
Thanks for the report....I was wondering why Dubreuil/Lauzon were marked SO far below the Americans (I had expected the Americans to win this portion anyway, as the OD has been D/L's weakest link all season, but the point spread was considerable) but the fall explains it. Sounds like they were pretty lucky to still be second after that. They won't be able to do that at Worlds.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Good placement for Melisa & Denis. I doubt, though, that they can surpass Wing & Lowe in FD.