Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    17 pairs for 5 spots might not sound as bad as the singles, at least, but when one considers that Huang & Zheng are unlikely not to take one of them, and then look over at some of the contenders for the other four, this discipline may see the most broken hearts here, with:

Cathy & Chris Reed: I came extremely close to penciling these two in with Huang & Zheng, but with all the trouble they've had lately, I really don't think they're locks
    Sara Hurtado & Adria Diaz: Had serious hopes of qualifying at Worlds, though ultimately that didn't happen
    Alisa Agafonova & Alper Ucar: Also had hopes of qualifying at Worlds after showing their potential at Europeans, though a bad short kept them out of the free
    Irina Shtork & Taavi Rand: Competing four years ago thanks to the berth his brother and his American-born partner earned and then couldn't use themselves; have improved enough since to potentially earn it themselves this time
    Danielle O'Brien & Gregory Merriman: Tragically were forced out of Nebelhorn last time by illness when they would've no doubt made it then, but this field is much stronger
    Gabriela Kubova & Matej Novak: In contrast to Shtork & Rand, he and previous partner(whom they beat out to make it here) qualified a berth last time, then couldn't use it when she broke her arm, but they were stronger together than they've been with their current partners so far
    Angelina Telegina & Otar Japaridze: Last qualifier with his previous partner last time, and he got her citizenship too, but they too might find the field has passed them by, as might even
    Allison Reed & Vasily Rogov: His previous partner and her new one, but even if they make it, there's the citizenship issue, and though they talk as if that's not a problem, even if it isn't, when they didn't make the free at Worlds last year there's the demanding Israeli Olympic Committee to consider...

After the Reeds & Hurtado & Diaz, I really don't know which of the above to pick for the last two. Perhaps O'Brien & Merriman, and Agafonova & Ucar. Then the rest will have to wait to see if Lithuania gives their team the needed citizenship, or even if Germany uses both their spots.
    O' Brien & Merriman reportedly looked very good at the Australian Senior B.
    Reeds were excellent at Lake Placid IDC.
    Hurtado & Diaz didn't do that well at LPIDC.

I have hopes for Agafanova & Ucar. They were badly done by the tech panel & ref at Worlds when they suddently decided the SD music they used for the pattern dance was the wrong rhythm (it had passed all year) resulting in a 2 point deduction and level 1 for both pattern dance sequences.

Custom Title
    O'Brien and Merriman were AMAZING at Skate DownUnder.

#TeamAUS
    I wished I went to Skate down under!
    I would've loved to see them compete

Custom Title

Withdrew

21/08
    Ladies : Belarus Zakharanka and substitue Liakhava OUT so No Belarus ladies in Oberstdorf ....

27/08
    Ladies : Czech Republic Brezinova OUT and Ukolova IN

28/08
    Men : Netherlands Gostelie and substitue Mulder OUT so No Netherlands men in Oberstdorf ....

who's next ????

Custom Title
    New added of 01/09 :
    Men : Monaco Kim Lucine

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    I'm excited for my fellow board-members to get to go to Europe and see the competition!

I'm excited for myself because I'll get to read their personal notes and impressions!

Uh... you ARE planning to share them, aren't you???

Pleasepleaseplease!

Custom Title
    Hope there will be webcasts

Custom Title
    Out as of 10/09
    Pairs : ROU (TBC) Tatiana NOVIK / Andrei NOVOSELOV maybe their not release by Russia or its fake for Romania
    Ladies : POL Anita KRYGER so NO Polish Girl in Oberstdorf

Added as of 10/09
    Ladies : IND Amy PAREKH

#TeamAUS
    Im really looking forward to the Nebelhorn Trophy this year. Will there be any sort of streaming/anyone posting videos in youtube?

Custom Title
    The Icenetwork will be live streaming Nebelhorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    The Icenetwork will be live streaming Nebelhorn.
    not for us outside U.S... its geoblocked..

Custom Title
    Withdrew : (FRA) Vanessa James / Morgan Cipres
    he had a wrist right surgery today (13 september) and need to be withdrew for Nebelhorn Trophy, French Master's and probably Skate America. They hope to be ready for Trophee Bompard in November ....

http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artis...-platre/400716

Quote Originally Posted by patinage_adulte View Post
    Withdrew : (FRA) Vanessa James / Morgan Cipres
    he had a wrist right surgery today (13 september) and need to be withdrew for Nebelhorn Trophy, French Master's and probably Skate America. They hope to be ready for Trophee Bompard in November ....

http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artis...-platre/400716

nooooooooo :/ but can they still go to the olympics or do they need to qualify here?

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraM View Post
    nooooooooo :/ but can they still go to the olympics or do they need to qualify here?
    James/Cipres were 8th at the 2013 World Championships, and the only French pair. Thus, as they placed in the top 10, they qualified France for 2 Pairs entries to the Olympics. Considering France has very few pairs and they're pretty much the top one (does Popova of Popova/Massot have citizenship?), they'll be at the Olympics bar injury.

Custom Title
    Eurosport is going to stream the event as well!

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast