Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event | Page 38 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I'm sorry but Miki's SS is .07 higher than Elena's SS? Elena's SS is weak. She's a very thin very small girl. There's no way her SS should come close.
The other PCS components are ok. She deserved to beat Miki's empty program.

When you look at Elena, do you see the next Kim or Asada?
The way she's scored, you'd think she's the next KIMASADA, invincible beast from the south pacific or something. Asada and Kim never got that kind of score, and their TES were much more impressive.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lets see where Elena is in 18-24 months when she won't look like she's 12 anymore. Either she will have survived puberty and kept her jumps and added speed and power or she's just another wunderkind who didn't survive.

Sara

On the Ice
Lyydia Määttänen, she was born 1998 so she'll be 16 next year. (Unlucky today in JGP :( )
Lyydia won the Finnish junior national title last year but apart from that her scores both abroad and in Finland have been low. I would count more on Liubov Efimenko, Jenni Saarinen and Viveca Lindfors (she's a great jumper, born 1999 and masters well 4-5 triple jumps).

Mao88

Record Breaker
MENS SHORT PROGRAM - RESULTS & VIDEOS

1. Nobunari ODA (JPN) - 87.34 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Jason BROWN (USA) - 79.41 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
3. Jeremy TEN (CAN) - 76.49 Short Program
4. Artur DMITRIEV (RUS) - 73.39
5. Brendan KERRY (AUS) - 67.97 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Zoltan KELEMEN (ROU) - 65.52 Short Program, 2nd Copy
7. Ronald LAM (HKG) - 64.55
8. Alexei BYCHENKO (ISR) - 64.50 Short Program, 2nd Copy

PAIRS FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 231.96 Free Skate
2. Maylin WENDE & Daniel WENDE (GER) - 174.88 Free Skate
3. Mari VARTMANN & Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 162.81 Free Skate
4. Annabelle PRÖLSS & Ruben BLOMMAERT (GER) - 158.38 Free Skate
5. Lindsay DAVIS & Rockne BRUBAKER (USA) - 156.91 Free Skate
6. Natasha PURICH & Mervin TRAN (CAN) - 156.15 Free Skate
7. Stacey KEMP & David KING (GBR) - 146.30 Free Skate
8. Elizaveta USMANTSEVA & Roman TALAN (UKR) - 141.45 Free Skate

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I'm sorry but Miki's SS is .07 higher than Elena's SS? Elena's SS is weak. She's a very thin very small girl. There's no way her SS should come close.
The other PCS components are ok. She deserved to beat Miki's empty program.

The way she's scored, you'd think she's the next KIMASADA, invincible beast from the south pacific or something. Asada and Kim never got that kind of score, and their TES were much more impressive.

Something like that:) More potential than Gold IMHO. If she keeps her jumps, she will be the girl to beat..

prettykeys

Medalist
?

Elena Radionova did 7 clean triples and got 65.82 on the TES. Also, she does have very nice, centred spins.

YuNa Kim in 2007 CoR got 72.90 for TES (of course, the GOE factor has been decreased since then, but the point remains that Kim did receive a better tech score.)

I don't see anything outstandingly wrong about Radionova's scores.

prettykeys

Medalist
MENS SHORT PROGRAM - RESULTS & VIDEOS

1. Nobunari ODA (JPN) - 87.34 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Jason BROWN (USA) - 79.41 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
3. Jeremy TEN (CAN) - 76.49 Short Program
4. Artur DMITRIEV (RUS) - 73.39
5. Brendan KERRY (AUS) - 67.97 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Zoltan KELEMEN (ROU) - 65.52 Short Program, 2nd Copy
7. Ronald LAM (HKG) - 64.55
8. Alexei BYCHENKO (ISR) - 64.50 Short Program, 2nd Copy

PAIRS FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 231.96 Free Skate
2. Maylin WENDE & Daniel WENDE (GER) - 174.88 Free Skate
3. Mari VARTMANN & Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 162.81 Free Skate
4. Annabelle PRÖLSS & Ruben BLOMMAERT (GER) - 158.38 Free Skate
5. Lindsay DAVIS & Rockne BRUBAKER (USA) - 156.91 Free Skate
6. Natasha PURICH & Mervin TRAN (CAN) - 156.15 Free Skate
7. Stacey KEMP & David KING (GBR) - 146.30 Free Skate
8. Elizaveta USMANTSEVA & Roman TALAN (UKR) - 141.45 Free Skate
Thanks, Mao88!

Aw, YouTube muted the music/sound of some of the videos. Thank goodness for DailyMotion copies...

FlattFan

Match Penalty
?

Elena Radionova did 7 clean triples and got 65.82 on the TES. Also, she does have very nice, centred spins.

YuNa Kim in 2007 CoR got 72.90 for TES (of course, the GOE factor has been decreased since then, but the point remains that Kim did receive a better tech score.)

You compare a full fledge senior girl who is one of the best jumpers to a tiny girl whose legs are twice the length of her torso?
I see outrageous score with Elena's scores. How does she get +GOE in her jumps?
PCS also way too high. 58?

Btw, read again, I compared her to young Kim and young Asada. When did they ever get that kind of monstrous score? This girl is getting the score that young phenom couldn't even reach. Is this girl going to be a legend? I don't see it. Her score suggests she's going to be the next Jesus.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A well deserved victory for Elena R, a long way ahead of the rest of the field. I like her style and her personality on ice, she comes across as if she is really enjoying herself. The music seemed a bit odd, it didn't sound like Frida to me, but a all in all a great senior debut. I was impressed with Miki, the short is much better that the free at the moment but she has time to work on the free, it was slow and a bit empty. Never seem Ashley Cain before but I like what I saw, a nice relaxed style, has she a shot of an olympic spot?

In relation to the Olympic qualifiers. I was really impressed with Han from Australia and I also liked Williams from Brazil, jumps not the best but very elegant and stylish. Elene G is hard to figure out, she is very unpredictable, she tends to miss more than she delivers. The Czech girl improved an awful lot but deserves her spot. From an Irish point of view I would have liked to seen Clara Peters do better. Very disappointing for Lafuente, she was a long way of qualifying, I thought she would easily do it.

Krislite

Medalist
?

That was one of those rare occasions she landed 7 triples. Also, there were FOUR required spins in the LP that season.

prettykeys

Medalist
You compare a full fledge senior girl who is one of the best jumpers to a tiny girl whose legs are twice the length of her torso?
I see outrageous score with Elena's scores. How does she get +GOE in her jumps?
PCS also way too high. 58?
And not-yet-mature Li Zijun is another potential who scored big, at the 2013 Worlds. 7 triples, with an e on 3Lz, scoring 69.41 in TES and 58.13 in PCS.

Mao Asada at the 2005 GPF scored 65.80 TES and 59.44 PCS with 6 triples (granted, she did the 3A but no 3-3 combos or sequences.)

Btw, read again, I compared her to young Kim and young Asada. When did they ever get that kind of monstrous score? This girl is getting the score that young phenom couldn't even reach. Is this girl going to be a legend? I don't see it. Her score suggests she's going to be the next Jesus.
You need to learn to communicate better. You did NOT specify "young Kim and young Asada."

Sour, sour, sour.

Sara

On the Ice
Congrats to those from Norway, Anne Line skated really well today! Elena deserved her win but I didn't like her programme much. Miki was very slow, I hope she improves. Juulia Turkkila said she was satisfied with her skating today. I checked her scores and even if she would have skated clean yesterday her score from today would not have been enough to get the Olympic spot.

Krislite

Medalist
Ando is as slow as a snail. Zzz.

Slow and cautious, but she stood on her feet. I can see her adding a 3T to the first 2A and replacing the 3S+2T with a 3Lz down the road. So:

3Lz+2L
3L
2A+3T
3S
3Lz
3T
2A+2L+2L

If she manages that, she could really shake up Japanese nationals.

prettykeys

Medalist
I can't decide whether I like Jason Brown's SP or not...he hits the highlights of the music well, as usual, but the choreography is a bit...hmm. Kind of like I was wondering when the hip thrusts would start. :(

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Impressive international debut for Veronik Mallet!
4th place overall and 3rd place in the free skate. Good for her :)
Her jumps are good, but her presentation lacks fluidity, her movements are very robotic :rolleye:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I can't decide whether I like Jason Brown's SP or not...he hits the highlights of the music well, as usual, but the choreography is a bit...hmm. Kind of like I was wondering when the hip thrusts would start. :(

I see this short as the equivalent of Davis and White's tango from a few years back: a bit stylistically out of the wheelhouse, but a great way to extend his/their range of expression.

I am verklempt about Kira. The potential level of High Glamor at Sochi just went down significantly... But a classy message from her, no?

:(