Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It all begins in about seven hours!!
Extremely Excited :)

For the Australians, Brooklee skates at about 10:40pm.

Danielle and Greg skate at approximately 6:50am tomorrow morning. (All times AEST.)

GF2445

Record Breaker
For the Australians, Brooklee skates at about 10:40pm.

Danielle and Greg skate at approximately 6:50am tomorrow morning. (All times AEST.)

Thanks Karne. My laptop is charging and I have a tonne of internet data to kill off. there will be not much sleep tonight! :)

Alex D

Record Breaker
Good Morning, 5 hours of sleep that must be enough!

Saw Miki in the first group (practice), now looking forward to the second Warm Up group with Veronik, Chelsea, Clara, Michelle, Crystal & Inga.

Group 2.

I really like that step sequence by Chelsea at the end - hope you can all see it during broadcast! They are playing Thriller this morning, the whole album me thinks. Guess we have a Michael Jackson Lover at the ISU!

There are quite a few very intersting names during the first groups already with Miki, Veronik, Chelsea or Inga.

Group 3.

Only five giris catched the early bird. Birce, Alisson, Elizaveta, Sabina and Ami Parekh from India. Wouldnt it be great if an Indian Skater could qualify? This then would be the first skater ever for India I think? Alina did not show up.

Eliza only 1-1 combo, otherwise a solid performance. She is very flexible! Our friend from India struggled on her jumps :( but she got a nice personality.

I like about Sabine that her jumps are spread over the program and not all at the beginning like at some others. Also enjoyed the performance of Alission.

Group 4 next with Juulia & Anna Line and the bling bling girl of yesterday Ashley Cain ;)

Group 4

All Ladies on the ice, including Anne Line @ Sara. Juulia is in flames, lets hope her performance will rock as much as her outfit does. No bling bling for Ashley though, she is wearing a violet outfit now, so does Anne Line.

Juulia looked a bit more nervous this morning, she left out all her jumps in the routine, but did practice her 3-3 later with mixed results. Interesting is, that she does jump the 3-3 very far to the left from my seating (middle of the ice rink) - the technical delegetion does sit very far to the right and there is a camera blocking their view.

Tina was a bit too slow, the music run out before she was finished - but I like her programm. Anne struggled a bit with her combo, but I love her step sequence, there is a great flow with the music and she is a bit like a feather in the wind. She only performed the first and last parts of her program.

Ashley did practice her 3-3 and also performed it during the routine, no clear landing though.

Group 5

All Ladies were on the ice!

Fleur has a really wonderfull programm I just wish she would land those jumps, its so sad that she doesnt. Nathalie only did a triple - double, jumps looked solid though. She is quite a performer - love her dance moves, I hope she will skate at the Exhibition - last year was really cool (there is a Video on YT - its really hot :D)

Brooklee started right in front of me, I could give her a clap on the shoulder *laughs*. Just like yesterday a very solid performance, what I like about her is that she almost seems to fly over the ice.

Anita didnt show us much, just the step sequence - she was more in cruising mode today. She has a nice tempo cange in her music - its going to be very interesting to see how she will perform that, also if it comes to her expression in the face, it needs some fire at this point. And still, she looks like Carmen :p

Dasa agreed that cruising is fun and only came for a few rounds and then left in the middle of her music. *g*

Kerstin looked solid, I hope she can get her act´s together like at Zagreb - she always has issues with that, but is a hard working young lady. What I liked were her jumps, nicely spread over the whole programm, gives extra points but also the abilitiy to just add that little bit of something to a programm.

Group 6

Full House again, all Skaters here.

Needles to say that Elena did a 3-3, she didnt reveal her dress yet. There was something quite "funny", when Elene tried her combination - she fell and exactly at this moment the music went very quiet and Elene was sitting there on the ice and looked very cute! ;) I dont know at this moment, I am a bit worried about her Olympia spot to be honest.

Kaat was cruising around, she is quite a calm person if you consider that she is from Belgium. Sonia didnt stand her combo sadly.

"Caty" Glebova did smile at the judges seats trying to sneak a few points from the empty chairs. :p I said Caty because she always reminds me of a cat. Her movements are like of a kitty ;) Very sexy and sensual programm.

What Isadora does always looks very charming, she really wants to fullfill that dream of Sochi but its going to be hard. Her combo was a little trouble maker this morning. I have my fingers crossed, would make me really happy to see her at Sochi the little "American".

In about 15 minutes the competition will start, I make a new thread once the clock hits 11. 00 AM.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I agree: if you find a link, share it! And thanks Alex D for your updates! How did Miki skate this morning?

Alex D

Record Breaker
I agree: if you find a link, share it! And thanks Alex D for your updates! How did Miki skate this morning?

I sadly only saw the last few minutes of her before she waved goodbye (for now), they were only 3 skaters so I came about 10 minutes to late to see her full routine - she was just cruising around when I saw her :( But the Japanese seemed to be happy, but then again Japanese do always smile dont they? ;)

IleK

On the Ice
I sadly only saw the last few minutes of her before she waved goodbye (for now), they were only 3 skaters so I came about 10 minutes to late to see her full routine - she was just cruising around when I saw her :( But the Japanese seemed to be happy, but then again Japanese do always smile dont they? ;)

Alex,you should be a journalist or something because you really are good at this. I like your writing:). Thank you again for having time to write all this, it must be very exausting taking part to a whole competion and then writing about it, but I guess you must be "trained" if you go to Ob. every year.

I am happy you mentioned Zoltan, he is a very nice, modest and hard working man with too little support from our country unfortunately:(. But the romanian figure skating fans appreciate him very much. You know he can only see with one eye and he cand land triple axles? I couldn't to a single axle even if I had a 3D view of the rink in my mind:)

Very good news about Miki. I saw some pictures, she looks amazing, better than ever. And if she can land her jumps, that's all she needs because she made real improvements on the artistic side since she retired 2 years ago. I saw her skating in several shows and always thought: "too bad we can't see this in competitions and she retired exactly when she became an artistic skater". So, if she does land everything, even without 3-3 she can be an olympic contender.

Elena Radionova is very close to become my favourite skater, she still looks like a child but in 2 years if everything goes the right way (she' s all legs for the moment:), she will have the whole package to be whatever she wants to be. I think she will win here.

I am also upset about Eurosport showing only the last 2 groups. If anyone finds a link, I really want to see Miki, and not only her.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thank you ao much for all your updates from the arena, Alex D!!! :) Your fabulous reports just make us all (who are unable to attend the comp) as if we are also watching every scenes beside you! :yes:

Have a great time at Oberstdorf, Alex D and PaulE! and root for all participating skaters for us, please. :yay: There is nothing like watching a competition live in front of you. :)

Alex D

Record Breaker
Thanks guys, glad I can be of assistance. I am sure there are more skilled reporters especially if it comes to naming every element etc. but yes I love doing those live "tickers". I can write and watch at the same time so that is quite handy :) I was working as a journalist from time to time - but its hard to get a fix job these days :( so I must pay everything myself :D The olympics cost me a fortune *laughs*.

Zoltan indeed is a lovely person, I see him now since a few years and even if a jump doesnt work out that well, he takes it with a smile. He is liked by many of the skaters me thinks, they keep rooting for him as well :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank you Dramahkween, (And my Facebook friend, Ira!)

Just going to re-post this with labels for which stream is which.

The first five links all go to different pages that show the exact same stream of Eurosport International 1 (so, if one goes down, they all go down! :frown: ):

http://www.bestsportgo.tv/20130925/vv-649767--5242f46da79e08.58998087.html

http://www.bestsportgo.tv/20130808/vv-493129--5202de932cbef4.35690821.html

http://www.hahabar.com/20130925/v--649767-5242f46f2e7126.56981488.html

http://www.hahabar.com/20130808/v--493129-5202de932cbef3.07442136.html

http://www.day.to/watch/live/streaming/online/free/en-vivo/1/493129/september-26-2013/eurosport.html

For times for when Eurosport International is on air, see the schedule for Eurosport Deutschland in my post in the other Nebelhorn thread

I'm just getting a black screen on the following pages, so they may be geo-blocked:

http://tvonsite.org/index.php?kanal=eurosport

http://lider-tv.ru/load/tv/evrosport/1-1-0-219

Not getting a screen at all on this page (not even a blank one!), so it may be geo-blocked, or just not working:

http://raketa-tv.com/watch

The following is a torrent, and I don't want to download the required software, so I don't know if it works or not.

http://torrent-tv.ru/torrent-online.php?translation=380, (torrent)

Ira's original post on Twitter:

http://tl.gd/n_1rp20h6

Hope this helps make things clearer

CaroLiza_fan

Alex D

Record Breaker
Ladies SP Thursday

I have to make a small addition to my previous post as the technical delegation has been moved to the middle of the ice so no more blocking by Camera´s and Juulia cant sneak through her combination anymore. ;)

Group 1 Warm up is on all Skaters present

Sandra 32.44

Combo was ok-ish, small struggle. Did run out of steam a bit at the end.

Danielle 34.32

Nice programm good ice coverage, but might could go a bit more into the "danger zone". Jumps were ok, but quite early in the programm - she was reliefed when she did land her last!

Isabella 34.99

Cow Bells at Oberstdorf, her programm was not bad - sadly she fell on ther last jump. 3-2 combo

Miki 59.79

Really lovely Programm, she went into that danger zone a lot more. She sticked to the plan and did a 3-2 combo, the last jump required a lot of work but she did it! I did it my way was here skating music and she just did it her way, really great program, lovesd the step sequence a lot - she just did it her way and had that fitting expressing to that on her face.

Anna 34.15

Aww, she has such a lovely program I really loved her expression on the face when the middle part of the music hit, with those haunting vocals. She was smiling all over her face! Sadly she was also almost crying when she couldnt perform her combo ... only 1 valid jump for her and she really had to try hard to hold her act´s together at the kiss & cry. Poor thing...

Group 2

Veronik 55.79

She had a great ice coverage and performed her elements spread over the whole ice, very clean jumps as well - very enjoyable SP.

Chelsea 31.59

Oh Dear, what happened? She looked so solid the past 2 days and now she seemed to have struggled with her nerves quite a lot. She is a wonderfull personality and skater, but today wasnt her day even though she never stopped smiling.
I probably sound like a broken record, but the step sequence is fantastic and very much in sync with the music. Loved her "Carmen" outfit as well!

Clara 28.30

First jump was 2 footed, in general the programm wasnt going so well for her and she seemed to be quite in a hurry all the time.

Michelle 36.81

Great attitude on the ice, it was like she wanted to ask you for a dance which is a cool thing, I mean women can ask guys too right? Throughout the programm a nice connection with the crowd and she definately had a great harmony in music and choreographie. Sadly the jumps were a bit of a disaster...

Crystal 36.62

She also tried to keep the connection with the crowd, btw. there are quite "a lot" of people here now. When Miki skate it was really crowded and I hope people will come back to support the other skaters as well.

Inga 45.74 SB

Inga, Inga... you are really a great Skater and I love watching you, but you could really smile a bit more. It is a bit like she would skate in her own world which is a shame. Nevertheless a very clean program, the ice coverage could be stronger though. Also to note is her dress, red with a golden belt and bracers - looked lovely. She needs to work hard on her "B" note in my opinion, you can do it Inga!

Group 3

group 3

Alina 41.40 SB

I liked her piorett´s, if you consider her size and all that quite an achievement. Combo was clean as well.

Ami 33.77

I like her programm because she interacts with the crowd and not only the judges. She comes very close to you so that you could theoretically shake her hand. I was told she is originally from the USA, but she totally does look like a person from India to me.

Elizaveta 50.93 SB

Great program, clean jumps and good ice coverage, loved her green dress but I wish she would be a bit more outgoing. She is so shy...

Sabina 41.12

She was finished quite early with her program, combo looked clean to me, also a nice coverage of the ice.

Alisson 45.17

Her first jump was quite shacky, the sun did shine not only on her Federation dress. She is a nice skater in my opinion.

Birce 34.14

Not entirely sure what to make out of her skate to be honest, same goes for the jury that really needed a lot of time for their judgement this time.

Group 4

Juulia 40.63

Wow that was really shocking, there just was too much pressure on her small shoulders. Damn! She was wearing a lovely dress with a big flame, her starting position was great as well so was her ice coverage and you could feel the heat when she was very close by. I definately believed her that she was borning, at least inside as she just doesnt smile a lot sadly. She is more the introverted type of person, but I am 100% sure that she understood her role in that programm. But, yes there is always a but... the jumps just didnt work.
I felt it was inappropiate to play Candy Men while she was sitting on the "cry couch" - as there was no candy today for little Juulia and unless a miracle happens, no spot for Finland at Sochi at least for now.

Tina 35.91

I love her personality, she is a fighter and when she worked so hard on the combo right infront of me, all you want to do is give her a little push so she keeps going on, but no help was needed - Tina is strong!

Sadly her first triple was really strange, she was almost vertical to the ice - no way that she could land this one and made her name "Stürzinger" at least at this moment some "honor". (Sturz = Fall in german) Her ice coverage was great as well, sadly the judges didnt give her a lot of points :(

Anne 48.35

Really a lovely programm, I loved it. She was like a feather on the ice, great choregraphie especially the step sequence. She had a little wobble at the end of her Combo but nontheless, really lovely performance by Anne.

Ashley 57.87

Woot what a fantastic skate, I am really really excited! Great choreographie that worked very well with the music. She can Bling Bling too without her green dress :D She performed a 3-3 combo and I loved how she played with the music - she was really into it and I got to say I was as well. She really takes you on a ride that you wont forget so fast - brilliant ice coverage! For me the best programm so far!

Reyna & Lejeanne in a bit

Reyna 40.17

She had her hands infront of the head but that honstly wasnt necessary. It was a nice program! Whatever people say, I think she is really improving but the olympic games are probably out of reach.

Lejeanne 33.80

She started with her step sequence, which I think is really something else - not in a negative way. Most Skaters do it at the end, once the jumps are all in. She could spread her jumps very well because of this, but unfortunately she didnt execute them that well.

Group 5

Fleur 47.13

Such an elegant Skater, did you know that she took a break for 4 years until she came back in 2010? She seemed to slip a bit after some of the landings, especially the first jump really wasnt good and she kissed the ice. I would say that she can still qualify, her programm components are always rock solid, but it will require more stable jumps and it depends a bit on how those classified infront of her will do. Good Luck Fleur!

Nathalie 54.60

I am honestly impressed with Nathalie, she doesnt seem to have any nerves. That she is a great personality is no secret, her exhibiton skates are really hot and entertaining to watch. In her SP she was a real lady, loved her attitude. Solid jumps, and performance. Looking forward to her LP, but I am sure she will do fine.

Brooklee 48.74 SB

I always like it if a Skater can come up with a new SB or PB. Her programm wasnt as clean as in her practice sessions but nontheless good.

Anita 38.15

Someone should tell the DJ that you dont play happy music after a not so happy ending on the ice. We heard Saturday Night... Then again, what to play for a young lady that has so much potential but just didnt use it? Anita struggled heavy with her jumps, but she also didnt seem to impress the judges with her program as she only received about 18 points. What a pity, she can do so much more.

Dasa 38.58

Our Cruiser from the morning, well she had a gutsy performance. She even tried a 3-3 but sadly couldnt land it and I guess it was downgraded anyways. What I liked was the flow with the music, her movements were really nice and she fit my personal taste with it.

Kerstin 48.81

The Austrian is always trying so hard, but doesnt get the rewards for it that often. I liked her programm, the jumps were well placed within the routine. She did deserve more PC´s in my opinion.

Group 6

Elena Radionova 64.69

Wow, what a performance. If that young lady isnt a big talent then who is? Her flexibility is incredible, almost like among those "snake women" that you can see in the circus. Her Ice Coverage was the best to me, she really was everywhere, like a little whirlwind. The jumps very well spread and rock solid - the costume fit well to the programm and her performance as well, to me an almost perfect skate.
Almost? Yes, during her routine she was a bit too focused at some points - but afterwards she was smiling and waving and kissing.... a bit more of that during the programm and I think we have a future gold medal winner in the seniors. Choreographie and Interpretation is where she lost points compared to Ando, but she is just 14 so this is not meant as criticsm - especially if you consider that she has it all in her. Seen her Exhibition skate at Milan this year? That shows this very well!

Elene 51.59

The touch to her head after the programm said it all, it seemed like her brain took a small siesta a few times, causing errors that were really silly and cost her quite some points. But there is still hope and if her head doesnt take a siesta again during the LP then she can buy one of those fancy russian wool heads and book her flight.

Kaat 47.87

She is a very feminin skater, I like watching her. She struggled a bit with her jumps, nontheless a really nice Skater in my opinion.

Sonja 40.46

Her combo was really good, but the other jumps didnt seem to work today. The rest was typical for Sonja, she is just like Fleur a very elegant skater.

Elena Glebova 46.27

I told you before about kitty Elena but she can jump into many different roles. Today she played a film diva of Hollywood - damn she was looking great! Her coach didnt seem to be that impressed though, he demands a lot of her. I always like her performances, yes there are better jumpers but to be honest with you, I just love great attitude and charisma on the ice and she has all that.

Isador 50.35

Yes! I am so happy about her performance, I knew she had it in her. The jumps rock solid, yes the PC´s could be higher but damn I just love to watch her skate and she really deserves a spot at Sochi! All she needs now is a good LP and I really hope that her nerves wont get into her way! Small girl, big in town gogo Isadora :)

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
So The competition has started and there is absolutely NOWHERE we can watch the first 4 groups!! Are you kidding me?? So no Miki, cain Turkkila and anne line for me! -For now were all depended on youre uppdates Alex!

GF2445

Record Breaker
And the competition has begun!!

The standard has been set- (17.49 + 15.75 - 1.00) 32.44 for Serbia's Sandra Ristivojevic

*I'm not going to be doing this for the whole five hours so if you have the patience to put all the skater's scores with component breakdowns- please feel free

Finnstep

Final Flight
Ladies SP results:

1 Miki ANDO JPN 59.79 30.13 29.66 7.54 6.93 7.57 7.43 7.61 0.00 #4
2 Isabella SCHUSTER-VELISSARIOU GRE 34.99 20.36 15.63 4.04 3.46 3.93 4.04 4.07 1.00 #3
3 Danielle MONTALBANO ISR 34.32 17.60 16.72 4.32 3.82 4.18 4.29 4.29 0.00 #2
4 Anna AFONKINA BUL 34.15 16.75 17.40 4.39 4.25 4.29 4.50 4.32 0.00 #5
5 Sandra RISTIVOJEVIC SRB 32.44 17.69 15.75 4.00 3.71 4.11 4.04 3.82 1.00 #1

GF2445

Record Breaker
It seems that the scores from Nebelhorn can now count towards an official PB
According to the live scoring feed, she had a season's best score.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Well Done Isabella for achieving a season's best score...NOW! Time for a big gun.

All the best Miki Ando