Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event

Columnist
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraM View Post
    Ice network are only broadcasting the last two groups, eurosport as well.. but maybe tvteka the russian paysite may send the whole competition.
    maan i wish i was there! Alex youre so lucky!
    Oh thats rubbish of Ice network - especially since it costs money...

I go every year to Oberstdorf :D

Columnist
    Practice Session Pairs

Group 1

On the Ice were, Mari Vartmann / Aaron van Cleace, Maylin & Daniel Wende andAnabelle Prölss / Ruben Blommaert all Germany.

A full group of Germans, all age groups present. Mari & Aaron were first with their FS, they only performed a few of their elements. Family Wende performed their whole programm with a very high triple throw - Maylin had to work hard on the landing though.

Annabelle & Ruben practiced their SP and you really have to give credit where credit is due, Annabelle even though just 14 has a really great attitude on the ice already and they really have a great harmony in their skate.

Group 2

On the Ice were from Spain Veronica Grigorieva / Aritz Maestu, Elizaveta Usmantseva / Roman Talan Ukraine, Maria Paliakova / Nikita Bochkov Belarus and from Estonia Natalia Zabijakova / Alexandr Zaboev.

All except the pair from the Ukraine did perform their FS. I really enjoyed Natalia and Alexandr who were skating to conquest of paradise and yes their FS opened the gate to paradise for me. They look so lovely together even in random grey colours and the choreopgraphie worked very good with the music and their attitude on the ice. Definately looking forward to their programms during the competition.

I also want to mention Maria & Nikita - in my eyes she is a lovely skater - the programm is really nice and they are on a steady move forward. I enjoyed them a lot during the previous years, especially at Zagreb where they scored a new PB. Lets hope they get a clean programm, they deserve it!

Group 3

On the Ice were from the UK Stacey Kemp / David King, Elizaveta Makarova / Leri Kenchadze Bulgaria and from Poland Magdalena Klatka / Radoslaw Chruscinski. The pair from Turkie did not start.

Stacey and David struggled a bit, but I am confident they will improve during competition. All did practice their SP.

Group 4

On the Ice were from Sweden Ronja Roll / Gustav Forsgren, Andrea Davidovich / Evgeni Krasnopolski, Miriam Ziegler / Severin Kiefer Austria and Nam I Song without his partner So Hyang Pakv Peoples repuplic of Korea.

First of all I have to say that I am a really big fan of Ronja and Gustav. Yes they will never win a medal, trophy etc. but dont they look absolutely charming together? The way how he cares for her on the ice, seriously who needs triple Axels etc. if you have this? I wish pairs would also get points for these type of things but unfortunately not. They kissed the ice alot in the practice but honestly I dont care! Great pair!

The opening scene of the Austrian pair is very charming as well! A special remark also goes to Andrea and Evgeni, really cute SP loved her smile during the routine. Was a great joy to watch!

Now there is one last group to go including Maxim and Tatjana, we also hit ghost hour very soon

Group 5

Final group, on the Ice were Maxim Trankov / Tatiana Volososzhar Russia, Lindsay Davis / Rockne Brubaker USA, Natasha Purich / Michael Marinaro from Canada and Narumi Takahashi / Ryuichi Kihara Japan

To make things short, Tatjana and Maxim didnt perform a lot at that late hour - a few lifts and some steps, funny was that a part of their music fits well to the ghost hour :D The lift where Maxim has his hand on her back is really great, I dont think I have ever seen something like that before.

The US, Canadian and Japanese pair did run almost the full routine. No major mistakes in my opinion, really looking forward to all their programms.

Thats it for me today, good night :D

Custom Title
    I was hoping that the Russians Novik/Noveltsov competing for Romania would get released by the Russian Fed but as they have disappeared from the startlist I guess not. I would like to see the couple from Belarus do well and grab an olympic spot. I hope it goes well for the Turks even if qualifying may be beyond them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dramahkween View Post
    If anyone finds a feed showing the entire event (or at least all of the Ladies SP) PLEASE post here! I've been looking all day...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Thx, Finnstep.
    Purich/Tran are followed immediately by Takahashi/Kihara, I see.
    Although I hope that the Japanese will qualify for Sochi, I'm cheering esp. for Tran.
    I saw that too! How weird a coincidence to have Takahashi and Tran skating back to back and in the same warm-up group. Hoping the best for both of them though.

#TeamAUS
    It all begins in about seven hours!!
    Extremely Excited

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    It all begins in about seven hours!!
    Extremely Excited
    For the Australians, Brooklee skates at about 10:40pm.

Danielle and Greg skate at approximately 6:50am tomorrow morning. (All times AEST.)

#TeamAUS
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    For the Australians, Brooklee skates at about 10:40pm.

Danielle and Greg skate at approximately 6:50am tomorrow morning. (All times AEST.)
    Thanks Karne. My laptop is charging and I have a tonne of internet data to kill off. there will be not much sleep tonight!

Columnist
    Good Morning, 5 hours of sleep that must be enough!

Saw Miki in the first group (practice), now looking forward to the second Warm Up group with Veronik, Chelsea, Clara, Michelle, Crystal & Inga.

Group 2.

I really like that step sequence by Chelsea at the end - hope you can all see it during broadcast! They are playing Thriller this morning, the whole album me thinks. Guess we have a Michael Jackson Lover at the ISU!

There are quite a few very intersting names during the first groups already with Miki, Veronik, Chelsea or Inga.

Group 3.

Only five giris catched the early bird. Birce, Alisson, Elizaveta, Sabina and Ami Parekh from India. Wouldnt it be great if an Indian Skater could qualify? This then would be the first skater ever for India I think? Alina did not show up.

Eliza only 1-1 combo, otherwise a solid performance. She is very flexible! Our friend from India struggled on her jumps :( but she got a nice personality.

I like about Sabine that her jumps are spread over the program and not all at the beginning like at some others. Also enjoyed the performance of Alission.

Group 4 next with Juulia & Anna Line and the bling bling girl of yesterday Ashley Cain

Group 4

All Ladies on the ice, including Anne Line @ Sara. Juulia is in flames, lets hope her performance will rock as much as her outfit does. No bling bling for Ashley though, she is wearing a violet outfit now, so does Anne Line.

Juulia looked a bit more nervous this morning, she left out all her jumps in the routine, but did practice her 3-3 later with mixed results. Interesting is, that she does jump the 3-3 very far to the left from my seating (middle of the ice rink) - the technical delegetion does sit very far to the right and there is a camera blocking their view.

Tina was a bit too slow, the music run out before she was finished - but I like her programm. Anne struggled a bit with her combo, but I love her step sequence, there is a great flow with the music and she is a bit like a feather in the wind. She only performed the first and last parts of her program.

Ashley did practice her 3-3 and also performed it during the routine, no clear landing though.

Group 5

All Ladies were on the ice!

Fleur has a really wonderfull programm I just wish she would land those jumps, its so sad that she doesnt. Nathalie only did a triple - double, jumps looked solid though. She is quite a performer - love her dance moves, I hope she will skate at the Exhibition - last year was really cool (there is a Video on YT - its really hot :D)

Brooklee started right in front of me, I could give her a clap on the shoulder *laughs*. Just like yesterday a very solid performance, what I like about her is that she almost seems to fly over the ice.

Anita didnt show us much, just the step sequence - she was more in cruising mode today. She has a nice tempo cange in her music - its going to be very interesting to see how she will perform that, also if it comes to her expression in the face, it needs some fire at this point. And still, she looks like Carmen

Dasa agreed that cruising is fun and only came for a few rounds and then left in the middle of her music. *g*

Kerstin looked solid, I hope she can get her act´s together like at Zagreb - she always has issues with that, but is a hard working young lady. What I liked were her jumps, nicely spread over the whole programm, gives extra points but also the abilitiy to just add that little bit of something to a programm.

Group 6

Full House again, all Skaters here.

Needles to say that Elena did a 3-3, she didnt reveal her dress yet. There was something quite "funny", when Elene tried her combination - she fell and exactly at this moment the music went very quiet and Elene was sitting there on the ice and looked very cute! I dont know at this moment, I am a bit worried about her Olympia spot to be honest.

Kaat was cruising around, she is quite a calm person if you consider that she is from Belgium. Sonia didnt stand her combo sadly.

"Caty" Glebova did smile at the judges seats trying to sneak a few points from the empty chairs. I said Caty because she always reminds me of a cat. Her movements are like of a kitty Very sexy and sensual programm.

What Isadora does always looks very charming, she really wants to fullfill that dream of Sochi but its going to be hard. Her combo was a little trouble maker this morning. I have my fingers crossed, would make me really happy to see her at Sochi the little "American".

In about 15 minutes the competition will start, I make a new thread once the clock hits 11. 00 AM.

I agree: if you find a link, share it! And thanks Alex D for your updates! How did Miki skate this morning?

Columnist
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I agree: if you find a link, share it! And thanks Alex D for your updates! How did Miki skate this morning?
    I sadly only saw the last few minutes of her before she waved goodbye (for now), they were only 3 skaters so I came about 10 minutes to late to see her full routine - she was just cruising around when I saw her :( But the Japanese seemed to be happy, but then again Japanese do always smile dont they?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex D View Post
    I sadly only saw the last few minutes of her before she waved goodbye (for now), they were only 3 skaters so I came about 10 minutes to late to see her full routine - she was just cruising around when I saw her :( But the Japanese seemed to be happy, but then again Japanese do always smile dont they?
    Alex,you should be a journalist or something because you really are good at this. I like your writing. Thank you again for having time to write all this, it must be very exausting taking part to a whole competion and then writing about it, but I guess you must be "trained" if you go to Ob. every year.

I am happy you mentioned Zoltan, he is a very nice, modest and hard working man with too little support from our country unfortunately:(. But the romanian figure skating fans appreciate him very much. You know he can only see with one eye and he cand land triple axles? I couldn't to a single axle even if I had a 3D view of the rink in my mind

Very good news about Miki. I saw some pictures, she looks amazing, better than ever. And if she can land her jumps, that's all she needs because she made real improvements on the artistic side since she retired 2 years ago. I saw her skating in several shows and always thought: "too bad we can't see this in competitions and she retired exactly when she became an artistic skater". So, if she does land everything, even without 3-3 she can be an olympic contender.

Elena Radionova is very close to become my favourite skater, she still looks like a child but in 2 years if everything goes the right way (she' s all legs for the moment, she will have the whole package to be whatever she wants to be. I think she will win here.

I am also upset about Eurosport showing only the last 2 groups. If anyone finds a link, I really want to see Miki, and not only her.

Banned
    Eurosport only Europeans can get livestream

Custom Title
    Thank you ao much for all your updates from the arena, Alex D!!! Your fabulous reports just make us all (who are unable to attend the comp) as if we are also watching every scenes beside you!

Have a great time at Oberstdorf, Alex D and PaulE! and root for all participating skaters for us, please. There is nothing like watching a competition live in front of you.

Columnist
    Thanks guys, glad I can be of assistance. I am sure there are more skilled reporters especially if it comes to naming every element etc. but yes I love doing those live "tickers". I can write and watch at the same time so that is quite handy I was working as a journalist from time to time - but its hard to get a fix job these days :( so I must pay everything myself :D The olympics cost me a fortune *laughs*.

Zoltan indeed is a lovely person, I see him now since a few years and even if a jump doesnt work out that well, he takes it with a smile. He is liked by many of the skaters me thinks, they keep rooting for him as well

Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 ... LastLast