Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event

paircheck

Final Flight
olympic spots after sp

1. Stacey KEMP / David KING GBR

2. Narumi TAKAHASHI / Ryuichi KIHARA JPN

3. Elizaveta USMANTSEVA / Roman TALAN UKR

4. Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER AUT

Moment

Final Flight
Highest pair SP score for V/T? Their PCS is just crazy. It was definitely not a champions' performance.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Super score for V/T. They are looking quite fabulous already, loved it!

Alex D

Record Breaker
Updated the Pairs post now too ;)

Next is Ice Dance, I put it all again in 1 post so you can keep track of it easier :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Since Nebelhorn scores count toward Season's Best scores, does that mean V/T's score would officially be a world record in the ISU's eyes?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Since Nebelhorn scores count toward Season's Best scores, does that mean V/T's score would officially be a world record in the ISU's eyes?

I'm pretty sure. When CoP was just introduced, at lot of WR was set at Nebelhorn Trophy 2003, because it was the first comp to use CoP.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Maxim and Tanya were amazing for an early start form
love their costumes too , the SP World Record was just the icing :)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Just watched V/T: technically :jaw: but it didn't deserve that kind of PCS, all those dance holds look a bit awkward, and the GOEs for the lift and the StSq were too high for me... However, :clap: for this superbe season debut! (this is exactly how you dream to begin your Olympic season!)

Tesla

Final Flight
(this is exactly how you dream to begin your Olympic season!)

I don't know about that. I mean, you do want to be good, but do you really want to start out perfect? That puts a lot of pressure on yourselves so to continually get better. You want to build throughout the season. I'm not a fan (I really do do not like Trankov), but I hope for their sakes, this wasn't their peak.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Only watched Miki and Elena so far...

Elena: I fall in love with this little dynamo every time I see her. She's so tiny and cute but she performs so BIG! I love the way she feels her music and choreography...she's a performer and I love a performer. I really liked her SP, especially the footwork; very expressive and went well with the music. Her transitions were excellent and putting her 3L and 2A in the bonus is very smart. She was absolutely lovely!

Miki: Solid first outing. I'm not a fan of the music or the choreography. I actually think it's a little bit boring...too boring for an Olympic year. I thought she was a little slow today but she got through all of her jumps and looks very good to say she just gave birth 6 months ago. I'm sure she'll get stronger as the season goes along.

Didn't see Ashley Cain but I read she did well. I hope Elena G. does well enough to get to Sochi...can't wait for the FS! :)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I don't know about that. I mean, you do want to be good, but do you really want to start out perfect? That puts a lot of pressure on yourselves so to continually get better. You want to build throughout the season. I'm not a fan (I really do do not like Trankov), but I hope for their sakes, this wasn't their peak.
No, I actually think it wasn't: for me, there were some minor (REALLY minor) flaws that can be improved, especially in the StSq and in the spin... But I agree that having a performance that is too good too early in the season (especially in the SP) can be a problem later (see Hanyu last season): mistakes, in the first half of the season, can be useful...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
No, I actually think it wasn't: for me, there were some minor (REALLY minor) flaws that can be improved, especially in the StSq and in the spin... But I agree that having a performance that is too good too early in the season (especially in the SP) can be a problem later (see Hanyu last season): mistakes, in the first half of the season, can be useful...

it wasn't perfect yet, spins needs work
but they have very interesting spirals, and Maxim is back to his illusion spin

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just wanted to make a short comment about the Telegina/Japaridze SD music.

"Show Me How You Burlesque": I loved this song when it was used as gala music by various Ladies singles skaters. But, it was awful as Ice Dance music. It just didn't work for me.

"Fever": Brilliant as Ice Dance music.

CaroLiza_fan

Alex D

Record Breaker
Ice Dance SD

Group 1

Czeska 39.24

I really enjoyed that pair .

Austria 36.75

Some minor mistakes sadly.

Reed´Rogov Israel 42.64

Poland 43.88

Loved their speed in the first and last part, the middle part was more laid back to "Fever". He sadly made a few bigger errors in some of the step sequences, he got out of rythm - besides that a really nice program to me.

Group 2

Dora, Balazs - Hungary 39.74

She looks absolutely gorgeous in that white blue outfit with the feather in her hair. He made a few smaller mistakes in the twizzles when he was out of sync and had a few "wobbles", loved their sequence on the right leg - really nicely done in my opinion. They had some really funny moves, some looked like directly from the aerobic training, really funny those two!

Pila, Leonardo Mexiko 32.03

I like those 2. They have a great interaction with the crowd, sadly some mistakes in the programm, like in the twizzle when he struggled a bit. Also loved the flower in her hair, looked lovely - she is a cuty!

Angelina, Otar - Georgia 45.47

Great Twizzle, loved how they kissed each other when the lyrics "kiss" came. I love those tiny elements most people might not care about, but I love it. I enjoyed their lift a lot too, looked really nice.

Lesia, Vitali - Belarus 33.26

Great use of the music for the lift, twizzle right infront of me looked ok but he lost a bit of speed and slowed down in the end so she had to wait for him sadly. Nontheless, they were really close to the end of the ice rink and I think it would be great to have some type of transparent banners or so. Because I cant see the feet when they are so close! *laughs* What I really liked was their "on the spot dance" - that looked really nice.

Group 3

Henna, Ossi - Finland 45.68

Double Twizzle nice, maybe a tiny error in the end, no touch nice. I didnt see any major mistakes to be honest. Lovely pair in my opinion, especially the first and last parts!

Frederica, Lukas - Slovakia 48.30

Lovely dress of her, like a see nymph. A very sympathic couple. He struggled a bit in the twizzle, no step very solid! They had a few funny poses, like those dolls that you put on wood and then connect their arms, legs with a piece of wool so that you can move those.

Ramona, Florian - Swiss 46.27

Fantastic programm in my opinion. Triple Twizzle very good, lovely no touch and I felt their whole outfit and the choreographie worked so well together with the music. Lift with her leg on his shoulder, very well executed. Strong pairs in that third group.

Ksenia, Kirill - Rus 56.90

Her head was somewhere else me thinks. They didnt look happy at all at the the end of their SD. They started off very well to be honest, really great speed in the faster part of the music I loved that. I also enjoyed the slower music part with its interpretation, like a love couple. But then they really messed up quite a lot. She had a rotation less, went out of balance... We are talking about a Russian pair so ya, you expect a lot more - especially cleaner elements. Hmm... I also missed their interaction with the crowd.

Group 4

Sarah & Adria Spain 46.68

Really nice ice coverage, the best so far if you ask me. They always do great lifts, sadly they cant do more than 1 during the SD, but they will definately show some spectacular ones again during their LD. Also nice speed at the begin. They got 10 points less than the russians, NO WAY! I dont know... I didnt see that much of a difference to be honest. They lost many points in the interpretation which I dont understand. Guess its all a matter of taste, but thats nothing new in figure skating and especially Ice Dance.

Reed´s Japan 48.41

Loved the way how they did their transitions from the different tempi of music, especially the first one, nicely choreographied.

Xintong, Xun China 51.16

I loved the begin when he acted like he had a microphone in his hands, fit well to the music. Their programm didnt seem to find much love in the crowd, it was really quiet. The change of position in the lift was nice, some smaller errors in the twizzles sadly.

Siobhan, Dimitri Ukraine 39.91

Wow what a pity, that wasnt the day of Siobhan first she slipped before the stationary dance and then she had a big error in the twizzle. I am sure they will strike back in the LD.

Shari, Christian Germany 49.19

Well well, some issues at the Twizzles, loved the lift though.

Group 5

Irina, Taavi - Estonia 39.06

Oh no! She fell during the Twizzle, damn! I like that pair, he looked a bit like a guy selling drinks at a bar and she like the beautiful women that orders a drink and then they dance together and maybe fall in love? Nice choreographie with the lift in combination with the music, she was sky high - above at least me and the first few rows, looked awesome!

Danielle, Gregory - Australia 50.52

I like their clothes a lot looks so fancy. Their first Twizzle was damn fast, wow. Little wobble at the second by her, but still a very solid performance that received a lot of applaus by the crowd. Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi oi.

Alisa, Alper - Turkye 51.51

His expression when the faster part kicked in at the end was god like. He could compete with Maxim for a role in the next Batman movie. I find that element when she sits on his skates really awesome, they need a brilliant balance at this point. No touch seemed to be very strong, nice syncronisation.

Madison, Zachary - USA 56.53

Not everything went as planned I think, but they kept their positive energy throughout the whole programm. They had a very nice syncronity at some parts. I felt their outfits were really cool, no bling bling at all but still very nice.

Alexandra, Mitchell - Canada 59.06

In my opinion one of the best programms tonight. They had a great personality on the ice, made a nice comeback after an error, the lift at the end was a really great idea in combination with the music The best always comes at the end they say and today this was the case. Well done Alexandra and Mitchell..

Thats it for today, Good Night!