Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Bad fall by Shtork on the twizzles, looked like it hurt, too. Feel for them, but this dance was disjointed and the music was definitely not Finnstep-appropriate.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Monko Khaliavin were great, WOW.
I totally agree some couples are Russ Fed favourites... two dance couples....I/K and R/T. The rest of couples must be not just 50 % better but 100 % better.

Btw WHY got Monko Khalivin deduction? For what? If it was lift over time, it would be obvious right after their program.. same with too long program....what was wrong??? Anyone who probably don't like them must protest against something in their program...which really don't look like Russ Fed is propagating them....

R/T are definitely not favorites they are just no new teams yet ready to take No.3
my bet they will be the sacrificial lambs by Sochi and wont make the Olympics

clearly M/K being send here is blatant favoritism of Rus Fed
when here are much better couple like S/Z and S/B

Orange Cat

On the Ice
I wasn't awake to see Narumi or Mervin skate, but it's sweet that he took the time to wish her luck. It was so sad the way they had to split (or were split)...

But on another note, WOOHOO 50.52 from Danni and Greg!! And such a fun, clean performance!! :)

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Good for the Aussies! Loved their dance. They're in good position for a run at one of the Olympic spots.
ETA: I think they were held down (again) by the judges in PCS.

sisinka

Medalist
R/T are definitely not favorites they are just no new teams yet ready to take No.3
my bet they will be the sacrificial lambs by Sochi and wont make the Olympics

clearly M/K being send here is blatant favoritism of Rus Fed
when here are much better couple like S/Z and S/B

Step/Bukin are very good in technique - still fast like many many top juniors...before their body change into adult ones and than skating becomes more smooth ...and not as fast (I am not talking about speed but about millions of steps a moves and elements during programs) - try to compare how Tessa and Scott skated in junior rinks and now....personaly I like them more now...I prefer senior teams with senior skating in senior cirquit.
I Step/Bukin are not dancers, they are great skaters - they were last seasons.

Riazanova/Tkachenko - I don't think they they make people dance or cry while dancing. But they are better dancer than S/B definitely.

Btw I didn's see Riaz/Tkach free program or both of programs of S/Z and S/B yet...did you????
Test skates were closed and they didn't skates at any competitions yet. Maybe they are not ready yet????
Yes I saw R/T short program few weeks ago...they got 51.60 which they wouldn't get here...they did sooome many small a not so small mistakes.

Orange Cat

On the Ice
So happy :) Danni and Greg did a great job, and I'm super excited by the prospect of Australia having an ice dance team (maybe an entire skating team?!) for these Olympics!

Paul and Islam were also wonderful; smooth and light, and deservedly in 1st place.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
huge score for M/I
they are on route on becoming Canadian No.3 and might be going to the Olympics

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
So if this ended right now, which of the teams would get the remaining Ice Dance spots?

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Didn't watch most of today's skating because the YouTube feed was being too choppy earlier on and I gave up. But I did catch Paul and Islam just now. There was a real lightness and ease to their performance tonight and I'd be happy for them if they get that third Olympic spot.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Is there a feed now? Sorry but I have been skimming back and can't find it among all the videos that are up now.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So if this ended right now, which of the teams would get the remaining Ice Dance spots?

OLYMPIC SPOT STANDINGS
4. Alisa AGAFONOVA / Alper UCAR TUR 51.51
5. Xintong HUANG / Xun ZHENG CHN 51.51
6. Danielle OBRIEN / Gregory MERRIMAN AUS 51.16
8. Cathy REED / Chris REED JPN 48.41
9. Federica TESTA / Lukas CSOLLEY SVK 48.30
---
10. Sara HURTADO / Adria DIAZ ESP 46.68
11. Ramona ELSENER / Florian ROOST SUI 46.27
12 Henna LINDHOLM / Ossi KANERVO FIN 45.68
13. Angelina TELEGINA / Otar JAPARIDZE GEO 45.47
14. Justyna PLUTOWSKA / Peter GERBER POL 43.38
15 Allison REED / Vasili ROGOV ISR 42.64
17. Dora TUROCZI / Balazs MAJOR HUN 39.74
18. Gabriela KUBOVA / Matej NOVAK CZE 39.24
19. Irina SHTORK / Taavi RAND EST 39.06
20. Kira GEIL / Tobias EISENBAUER AUT 36.75
21. Lesia VOLODENKOVA / Vitali VAKUNOV BLR 32.26
22. Pilar MAEKAWA MORENO / Leonardo MAEKAWA MORENO MEX 32.03

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Has anyone determined the time EST for the men's short tomorrow?

It starts at 8:30 a.m. local time, which would be 2:30 a.m. EDT. Ice Network coverage starts at 3 a.m., so subscribers will pretty much see everybody.