Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event

wishonastar

On the Ice
Why is there no ISU live stream yet? And the result page is not being updated. Or is it just me?
I believe they are only showing the last two groups in all disciplines. Doesn't make me happy, missing some skaters I wanted to see. The result page seems to be ok for me...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
I believe they are only showing the last two groups in all disciplines. Doesn't make me happy, missing some skaters I wanted to see. The result page seems to be ok for me...

Okay, it's just yesterday the ISU streams showed everything (except the first ladies SP groups). And here I got up early(ish) for nothing... The result page is working for me now.

swurvestar

Rinkside

Oh that's too bad. I was really enjoying watching it w/o commentary. It's almost like you're there. The ladies event was a little glitchy but the others were fine. They showed the whole event for the other disciplines, wonder why they aren't doing it for the men? (I'm referring to the ISU live stream on their Youtube channel, not IceNetwork or Eurosport).

wishonastar

On the Ice
Oh that's too bad. I was really enjoying watching it w/o commentary. It's almost like you're there. The ladies event was a little glitchy but the others were fine. They showed the whole event for the other disciplines, wonder why they aren't doing it for the men? (I'm referring to the ISU live stream on their Youtube channel, not IceNetwork or Eurosport).
Sorry, I spoke about IceNetwork/Eurosport, not ISU on Youtube. Didn't mean to confuse the issue.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Conor STAKELUM (IRL)

Music: Sonata No. 8 (Sonata Pathetique) by Ludwig van Beethoven

Black pants, white shirt w/black trims

3T+2T - 'tano 2T, put foot down early
3Lo - fall, looked <, borderline <<
CCSp - slow, fell out of spin when attempting catchfoot
FSSp
2A - stepout, hand down
StSq - small stumble early
CCoSp

Overall slow with weak elements

SP: 13.19+17.96-1.00 = 30.15, in 9th (out of 9)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Jeremy TEN (CAN)

Music: Dance For Me Wallis (from "W.E." soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski

Plum shirt, black pants w/ gold trim

3A - solid
3Lz+3T
CSSp - fast, good positions
3Lo
FCSp
StSq
CCoSp

He looks happy, as should he. Clean skate with nice jumps, spins and choreo.

SP: 42.42+34.07 = 76.49 (PB), in 1st (out of 10)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Conor STAKELUM (IRL)

Music: Sonata No. 8 (Sonata Pathetique) by Ludwig van Beethoven

Black pants, white shirt w/black trims

3T+2T - 'tano 2T, put foot down early
3Lo - fall, looked <, borderline <<
CCSp - slow, fell out of spin when attempting catchfoot
FSSp
2A - stepout, hand down
StSq - small stumble early
CCoSp

Overall slow with weak elements

SP: 13.19+17.6-1.00 = 30.15, in 9th (out of 9)

Typical! Only 1 skater from my part of the world in the competition, and I find the stream just after he finishes!

Better luck next time, Conor

CaroLiza_fan (from "Up North" in Tyrone!)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Jeremy TEN (CAN)

Music: Dance For Me Wallis (from "W.E." soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski

Plum shirt, black pants w/ gold trim

3A - solid
3Lz+3T
CSSp - fast, good positions
3Lo
FCSp
StSq
CCoSp

He looks happy, as should he. Clean skate with nice jumps, spins and choreo.

SP: 42.42+34.07 = 76.49 (PB), in 1st (out of 10)

...But well done to the other skater who has a local connection.

I hadn't realised until the graphic came up that Jeremy Ten is coached by my fellow Ulsterman, Neil Wilson!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Does anybody know if Neil has anybody else in the competition?

CaroLiza_fan

Alex D

Record Breaker
No more updates from my side, no Accredition granted. Sorry, i will now join the spectators. :(

jiggs

On the Ice
Is Parkinson the only chance for Italy to qualify for a men's spot - also meaning the only chance for them to qualify for the team event?

GF2445

Record Breaker
What's up with Finland and Israel having two skaters??? Doesn't the rules say that to get an Olympic spot, there can only be one skater from that nation in that discipline????

M

mylastduchess

What's up with Finland and Israel having two skaters??? Doesn't the rules say that to get an Olympic spot, there can only be one skater from that nation in that discipline????

But only one of them is competing for an olympic spot, which the federation chose beforehand

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ronald LAM (HKG)

Music: Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin (jazzy version)

Black pants, white shirt with purple "undone" butterfly.

3F - held on
3A - bit low landing, but held on
CCSp
3Lz+3T - eeked 3T out, maybe <
FSSp
StSq
CCoSp

Small fistpump from him at the end; it was a solid skate.

SP: 36.77+27.78 = 64.55 (PB), 3rd (out of 21)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Yakov GODOROZHA (UKR)

Music: Tosca (violin remix)

Black pants. Half black, half white shirt with silver straps all over

3A - stepout
3Lz+3T
FCSp
3Lo
StSq
CSSp
CCoSp

One mistake, otherwise solid on the jumps

SP: 35.82+27.86 = 63.68 (PB), in 4th (out of 22)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I made a bad mistake last night and didn’t look up today’s schedule before going to bed. So, I didn’t realise that the Men’s SP started so early today.

So, this morning, I had my breakfast and then watched the final group of the Pairs SP (I missed it last night because I was eating my tea!) It was only by chance that I found out the Men's SP had started when I went onto the forum after finishing the Pairs. And so I missed everybody up to Jeremy Ten. :disapp:

I will not make that mistake again! ;)

That was a magnificent performance from Volosozhar/Trankov. They thoroughly deserved the WR score. But, I was also impressed (and surprised) by Prölß/Blommaert.

Yesterday, I was talking about how much Elena Radionova had grown since I last saw her. Well, I take that back now that I’ve seen Annabelle Prölß!

Annabelle has grown up so much since I last seen them. She is no longer the tiny little child we saw last year; she is now a (very) young woman.

Although Ruben did look young facially last year, he looked like this big giant next to Annabelle. Now, the big age difference is far less noticeable. They look like a well matched Pairs partnership now! :eek:

Much as I love the Eurosport commentators, I think they made a mistake last night. They said that the 3 German pairs were all competing for the remaining places at Sochi. However, the last I heard Prölß/Blommaert were going to be in limbo this year because Ruben was too old for Juniors and Annabelle was too young for Seniors.

So, is that still the case, or has there been a rule change regarding ages that I never heard about?

Whether or not they get to compete much this year, they are going to be a couple to watch for the future. ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan