Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    It will be a great debut, I'm sure. I don't think he'll beat Oda though. Will be interesting to see how their PCS compares though.
    That depends, is Oda going to be counting his jumps this time or not? (Sorry Oda.) I don't know, Jason's in great form, but even a silver at Nebelhorn would be a fantastic Senior debut!

Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar

Pairs

Pairs Entries from countries not yet qualified:

1 Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER AUT 1
    2 Maria PALIAKOVA / Nikita BOCHKOV BLR 2
    3 Elizaveta MAKAROVA / Leri KENCHADZE BUL 3
    5 So Hyang PAK / Nam I SONG PRK 5
    6 Natalja ZABIJAKO / Alexandr ZABOEV EST 6
    10 Stacey KEMP / David KING GBR 9
    11 Andrea DAVIDOVICH / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI ISR 10
    12 Narumi TAKAHASHI / Ryuichi KIHARA JPN 11
    13 Magdalena KLATKA / Radoslaw CHRUSCINSKI POL 12
    14 Tatiana NOVIK / Andrei NOVOSELOV (TBC) ROU 13
    16 Veronica GRIGORIEVA / Aritz MAESTU ESP 15
    17 Ronja ROLL / Gustav FORSGREN SWE 16
    18 Olga BESTANDIGOVA / Ilhan MANSIZ TUR 17
    19 Julia LAVRENTIEVA / Yuri RUDYK UKR 18
    Elizaveta USMANTSEVA / Roman TALAN UKR 18 S

14 pairs competing for an initial four spots, though there may be at least one more later on, since in France they have two pairs for two spots, but one of them in a citizenship situation apparently the current French government is unlikely to be willing to bail them out of. It's few enough pairs to consider them all:

Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER: A new pair: she competed in the Olympics in singles four years ago, qualifying here at Nebelhorn, while he and his previous partner competed in a lot of places, but didn't necessarily do very well at them and didn't make it to Worlds; he'll want better luck with her, maybe
    Maria PALIAKOVA / Nikita BOCHKOV: A former Russian skater with his partner skating for Belarus(I suspect the citizenship issues here will be taken care of); weaker than the above
    Elizaveta MAKAROVA / Leri KENCHADZE: Actually were good enough for Worlds, though not for the free there
    So Hyang PAK / Nam I SONG: No international record; a pretty much unknown quantity
    Natalja ZABIJAKO / Alexandr ZABOEV: Another new partnership, her umpteenth one, with him actually being from the Czech Republic(Estonia's pretty good at giving citizenship, but they don't have dual citizenship, meaning he'd have to give his Czech citizenship up); her record is much stronger than his
    Stacey KEMP / David KING: Qualified at Worlds last time around, but have not had their best years since
    Andrea DAVIDOVICH / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI: While his former partner tries to qualify in singles, he shows up with a former singles skater; he has to hope she's at least as good as her, if not better
    Narumi TAKAHASHI / Ryuichi KIHARA: If they are half as good as she was with Mervin Tran, they should have no problem here
    Magdalena KLATKA / Radoslaw CHRUSCINSKI: Came in last at Worlds, though at least they made it there
    Tatiana NOVIK / Andrei NOVOSELOV: Former Russian pair that apparently has countryhopped. Good enough it could serve them well, if they can get that TBC removed...
    Veronica GRIGORIEVA / Aritz MAESTU: Not sure whether she's Spanish or not, no idea what that citizenship situation might be like, but he and his previous partner weren't very strong at all
    Ronja ROLL / Gustav FORSGREN: Have been together a very long time, but not that strong either
    Olga BESTANDIGOVA / Ilhan MANSIZ: Easily win the prize for weirdest story of the competition: he's a former soccer player who learned to skate at 33 for a Skating With Celebrities type show in 2008, she was his long-retired partner who started dating him, they continued skating after winning the show then in 2011 announced they were going to try to make the Olympics, and now they are here. No international record, but this just doesn't seem like a likely pair to pull this off...
    Julia LAVRENTIEVA / Yuri RUDYK: Came very close to getting qualifying scores for Worlds last year, when they had a very good first senior season, very much a rising pair

...so that probably comes out to Takahashi & Kihara, Novik & Novoselov(assuming they make it there), Lavrentieva & Rudik, and Kemp & King. But if another spot becomes available, it'll be interest to see whose first alternate.

Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar

Ice Dance

Ice Dance Entries from countries not yet qualified:

1 Danielle OBRIEN / Gregory MERRIMAN AUS 1
    Katherine FIRKIN / Henri DU PONT AUS 1 S
    2 Kira GEIL / Tobias EISENBAUER AUT 2
    Barbora SILNA / Juri KURAKIN AUT 2 S
    3 Lesia VOLODENKOVA / Vitali VAKUNOV BLR 3
    5 Xintong HUANG / Xun ZHENG CHN 5
    Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG CHN 5 S
    Yiyi ZHANG / Nan WU CHN 5 S
    6 Gabriela KUBOVA / Matej NOVAK CZE 6
    Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA / Neil BROWN CZE 6 S
    7 Irina SHTORK / Taavi RAND EST 7
    8 Olesia KARMI / Max LINDHOLM FIN 8
    Henna LINDHOLM / Ossi KANERVO FIN 8 S
    9 Angelina TELEGINA / Otar JAPARIDZE GEO 9
    11 Dora TUROCZI / Balazs MAJOR HUN 11
    12 Allison REED / Vasili ROGOV ISR 12
    13 Cathy REED / Chris REED JPN 13
    14 Pilar MAEKAWA MORENO / Leonardo MAEKAWA MORENO MEX 14
    15 Justyna PLUTOWSKA / Peter GERBER POL 15
    Alexandra ZVORIGINA / Maciej BERNADOWSKI POL 15 S
    17 Federica TESTA / Lukas CSOLLEY SVK 17
    18 Sara HURTADO / Adria DIAZ ESP 18
    19 Ramona ELSENER / Florian ROOST SUI 19
    20 Alisa AGAFONOVA / Alper UCAR TUR 20

17 pairs for 5 spots might not sound as bad as the singles, at least, but when one considers that Huang & Zheng are unlikely not to take one of them, and then look over at some of the contenders for the other four, this discipline may see the most broken hearts here, with:

Cathy & Chris Reed: I came extremely close to penciling these two in with Huang & Zheng, but with all the trouble they've had lately, I really don't think they're locks
    Sara Hurtado & Adria Diaz: Had serious hopes of qualifying at Worlds, though ultimately that didn't happen
    Alisa Agafonova & Alper Ucar: Also had hopes of qualifying at Worlds after showing their potential at Europeans, though a bad short kept them out of the free
    Irina Shtork & Taavi Rand: Competing four years ago thanks to the berth his brother and his American-born partner earned and then couldn't use themselves; have improved enough since to potentially earn it themselves this time
    Danielle O'Brien & Gregory Merriman: Tragically were forced out of Nebelhorn last time by illness when they would've no doubt made it then, but this field is much stronger
    Gabriela Kubova & Matej Novak: In contrast to Shtork & Rand, he and previous partner(whom they beat out to make it here) qualified a berth last time, then couldn't use it when she broke her arm, but they were stronger together than they've been with their current partners so far
    Angelina Telegina & Otar Japaridze: Last qualifier with his previous partner last time, and he got her citizenship too, but they too might find the field has passed them by, as might even
    Allison Reed & Vasily Rogov: His previous partner and her new one, but even if they make it, there's the citizenship issue, and though they talk as if that's not a problem, even if it isn't, when they didn't make the free at Worlds last year there's the demanding Israeli Olympic Committee to consider...

After the Reeds & Hurtado & Diaz, I really don't know which of the above to pick for the last two. Perhaps O'Brien & Merriman, and Agafonova & Ucar. Then the rest will have to wait to see if Lithuania gives their team the needed citizenship, or even if Germany uses both their spots.

What is the minimum Technikal score required for the olympics? could someone explaine to me what score the norwegian Anne Line Gjersem would need to get her to qualify?

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraM View Post
    What is the minimum Technikal score required for the olympics?
    Minimum Technical Scores for ISU European and ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2014 and Olympic Winter Games 2014:

- MEN SP 25.00 FS 45.00

- LADIES SP 20.00 FS 36.00

- PAIR SKATING SP 20.00 FS 36.00

- ICE DANCE SD 18.00 FD 28.00

Custom Title
    could someone explaine to me what score the norwegian Anne Line Gjersem would need to get her to qualify?
    I think and pretty sure she has already the score because she was at world 2013 !!!
    but now she need to be on the best 6 place at Nebelhorn Trophy for going to Olympics ^^

Quote Originally Posted by patinage_adulte View Post
    I think and pretty sure she has already the score because she was at world 2013 !!!
    but now she need to be on the best 6 place at Nebelhorn Trophy for going to Olympics ^^
    Thanks! Yes she did qualify for worlds lat season, but didnt make it to the free. I think she has a little chance at top 6 here

Custom Title
    Ladies who pretend to Olympics spots, in order of Season Best (or Personal Best if they had not Season Best in 2012/13)
    Kiira KORPI FIN 177.19
    Elene GEDEVANISHVILI GEO 160.52
    Sonia LAFUENTE ESP 152.29
    Kerstin FRANK AUT 143.56
    Brooklee HAN AUS 141.88
    Alina FJODOROVA LAT 133.48
    Anita MADSEN DEN 133.35
    Kaat VAN DAELE BEL 130.00
    Tina STUERZINGER SUI 128.38
    Anne Line GJERSEM NOR 124.48
    Isadora WILLIAMS BRA 123.93
    Reyna HAMUI MEX 123.69
    Alisson Krystle PERTICHETO PHI 119.76
    Sila SAYGI TUR 119.27
    Fleur MAXWELL LUX 113.01
    Dasa GRM SLO 112.54
    Crystal KIANG TPE 109.15
    Clara PETERS IRL 107.39
    Lejeanne MARAIS RSA 105.06
    Inga JANULEVICIUTE LTU 104.60
    Eliska BREZINOVA CZE 101.70
    Chelsea Rose CHIAPPA HUN 95.89
    Agata KRYGER POL 91.76
    Anna AFONKINA BUL 87.47
    Sandra RISTIVOJEVIC SRB 85.48
    Isabella SCHUSTER-VELISSARIOU GRE 81.42
    Sabina MARIUTA ROU 80.85
    Michelle COUWENBERG NED 77.25
    Danielle MONTALBANO ISR --

Don't pretend to Olympics spots:
    Veronik MALLET CAN
    Elena GLEBOVA EST
    Nathalie WEINZIERL GER
    Elena RADIONOVA RUS
    Isabelle OLSSON SWE

Custom Title
    Lafuente, Frank and Han competed at last Worlds and placed higher than Weinzierl in SP-which means that they're not competing here for Olympic spots.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnstep View Post
    Lafuente, Frank and Han competed at last Worlds and placed higher than Weinzierl in SP-which means that they're not competing here for Olympic spots.
    Why?
    Olympics spots have places 1 to 20 of Worlds.

21 Brooklee HAN
    22 Sonia LAFUENTE
    24 Kerstin FRANK
    They did not earn Olympics spots and will try to do it at Nebelhorn Trophy.

Anyone planning on goingbto the event?? Im thinking about going, trying to find rhe cheapest way to get there. But cant find ticket information anywhere?

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Anyone planning on going to the event?? I'm thinking about going, trying to find the cheapest way to get there. But can't find ticket information anywhere?
    Have you seen these pages about Nebelhorn Trophy ticket sales?

I think this site is where tickets are available for online purchase:
    http://www.oberstdorf.de/erlebnis/ve...orverkauf.html
    On that page, look for the listing for Nebelhorn Trophy 2013, 26.09.2013 - 28.09.2013.

Other pages with some information about Nebelhorn Trophy tickets:

Excited for you, Sara.

On the Ice
    Anyone planning on goingbto the event?? Im thinking about going, trying to find rhe cheapest way to get there. But cant find ticket information anywhere?
    The website for the German train system is: http://www.bahn.de/p/view/index.shtml

You can buy a ticket for the NT when you arrive there; it is not necessary to get your ticket in advance.

There are many vacation apartments available in Oberstdorf.

Medalist
    I am planning to be there also. I have booked a holiday apartment close to the rink. I have also already booked all event tickets but I agree with the comment that there should be no problem buying tickets once you are there. There are few of the top skaters that will be there but I expect those that are there will be really working hard to skate their best so I am looking forward to seeing the competition. I am also looking forward to being in Oberstdorf again. I just loved the town when I first went there in 2007 for Junior Worlds.

I look forward to meeting you, SaraM, and any other Golden Skaters that are there. I will be wearing a gold colored baseball cap that says "Golden Skate" on it so, if anyone sees me, please come up and introduce yourself.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Have a great time, PaulE, and tell us all about it!

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast