Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event | Page 43 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Artur DMITRIEV (RUS)

Music: D'Artagnan by Maxime Rodriguez

Brown pants, leather boots. White shirt under brown leather vest.

3T
3F
3A
FCSp
StSq
3A - stepout, hand down, no combo
1Lz
3F+2T
3Lo - hand down
ChSt
3S - hand down
CSSp
CCoSp

Lots of small mistakes

Score: 60.23+68.12=128.35, 201.74 (PB), in 1st (out of 29)

TryMeLater

On the Ice
Philippines already qualified. Italian results here mean they can compete in Team event
Bonifacio's score was inflated even with many mistakes to have Italian men for the Team event

Nope-Philippines didn't qualified until now.
I don't think Bonifacio was inflated-he did 2 triple axels.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Jason BROWN (USA)

Music: Reel Around the Sun by Bill Whelan

Black pants, green shirt. Both with gold ornament

2A
3A+3T
CCSp
3A - twofooted, looked <, borderline <<
CCoSp
StSq
3Lz+1Lo+3S
3F+2T
3Lz - 'tano
ChSt
2A
3Lo
FCCoSp

Lovely skate. One mistake, but otherwise solid on the jumps. Nice choreography w/ splits, spirals and hydroblading!

Score: 73.80+75.22=149.02, 228.43 (PB), in 1st (out of 30)

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Oh, awesome, Jason. I am really liking this guy. Glad he's got a solid 3A now, and this one looked so nice and effortless, too. Great program. Liked the little "hydroblading" move in the middle also, as a little reminder of Bourne and Kraatz, although the rest of the choreography was entirely different. This could be a really good program for him.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
TES is a bit low: I bet the second 3A was << + - GOE and Jason likely lost a level on that last spin. But in way that's good -- he still has a solid performance to build on; no need to peak in September. Nice debut!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Brendan KERRY (AUS)

Music: Gangster Squad by Steve Jablowsky

Black pants. Blue shirt w/ tie and suspenders

3F
2A - planned 3A
3Lz - slight hand down
StSq
CCSp
3A
3Lz+2T+2Lo
3Lo - hand down
CCoSp
2S
1A+2T
ChSt
FSSp

Hmm, 3 pops. I can't tell where he'll place...

Score: 59.56+61.14=120.70 (PB), 188.67 (PB), in 5th (out of 31)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
bejeebus Brendan, my heart can't take that, don't scare me like that!

Oh, I wish he'd skated like at Skate DownUnder. Then you'd all see the magic :)

GF2445

Record Breaker
Kim Lucine went APE after messing up his Jungle Book Free Skate (To pardon the pun).

He was pissed off at his coach, he threw a few punches into the kiss and cry coach with his fists and a full water bottle!

zschultz1986

Final Flight
TES is a bit low: I bet the second 3A was << + - GOE and Jason likely lost a level on that last spin. But in way that's good -- he still has a solid performance to build on; no need to peak in September. Nice debut!

The one thing I do like about Jason is that he's pretty much a known quantity, in that, you know he's gonna show up and be trained. Whether or not it happens on the night, it's at least not from a lack of discipline from him. I haven't felt this excited about a guy skater since Stephane and Johnny!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
look like Philippines is a shoo in for an Olympic berth
Martinez deserves to go, too bad Hong Kong was a diaster

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Zoltan KELEMEN (ROU)

Music: Breathe by Audio Machine; Life by Audio Machine

Black costume w/ silvery swirls

3A+3T
3Lz - stepout
3F
3A - turnout
CCoSp
StSq
3Lo
3Lz+2T+2T - last 2T perhaps <
3S
FSSp
ChSt
2A - stepout
CCoSp

He looks glad. This FS should be enough to get an Olys spot

Score: 66.78+61.78=128.56 (PB), 194.08 (PB), in 4th (out of 32)

deedee1

Record Breaker
Kelemen has just moved me to tears...He was on FIRE! Many many conrats for the Oly spot which is well-deserved!!!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The one thing I do like about Jason is that he's pretty much a known quantity, in that, you know he's gonna show up and be trained. Whether or not it happens on the night, it's at least not from a lack of discipline from him. I haven't felt this excited about a guy skater since Stephane and Johnny!

He does look very well-trained this season, even more so than in past seasons! In a way the crowded U.S. men's field has been a great, hidden blessing. I feel he's been able to develop at the pace that's right for him. All that non-jump work he did while he was still mastering the 3A is really shining through right now.