Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event | Page 49 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event

Moment

Final Flight
I know I'm late but did V/T really receive +1.50 GOE points of the twofooted throw 3Salchow? Wow the overscoring has gone too far it's embarrassing.

Finnstep

Final Flight
Here's Radionova's

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfwPeNu2KtA

You can find a few more videos of the gala in the same channel. :)

Thanks!

To make a list of gala videos that he/she uploaded so far:

Tomas VERNER(CZE)/Anton KOVALEVSKI(UKR) (Carmen):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je_SBSJBhcY
Elena RADIONOVA(RUS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfwPeNu2KtA
Kim LUCINE(MON):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKKfmjKnUTQ
Miki ANDO(JPN):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1pW3dkfrzM

Finale:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io19RYgBC6w

deedee1

Record Breaker
Tomas VERNER(CZE)/Anton KOVALEVSKI(UKR) (Carmen):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je_SBSJBhcY

:laugh: Loved it! Tomas is such an adorable skater with so much talent and skills, full of personality and charm! Thanks a lot for uploading, Finnstep. :)
But my honest feeling should be...why are you showcasing your enourmous talent and lovely personalityhere at the Nebelhorn Gala, Tomas? I rather want to see you skate at Grand Prix circuit instead, then I would much appreciate it. :disapp:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
that zombie gala looks a bit crazy and weird
maybe because I dislike any zombie themed programs

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I don't understand why people said that Elena's scores were too high: I actually think that she was underscored! The 3Lz+3T and 3F were amazing, the GOEs should have been a lot higher for me for example!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for sharing the Gala video links! Tomas and Anton OMG! Great way to start my morning, still chuckling!

sneakypie

Rinkside
What was the illegal element for the Spanish?

After watching the video a few times, I think Adria Diaz had his hands above his head for longer than two seconds in their third lift. Sadly they didn't show it in slowmotion and the angle isn't good, so it's hard to tell.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
The gala is on now on Eurosport 2. Miki just skated to Amazing Grace and her baby girl was watching her from the rinkside. :eek::

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
After watching the video a few times, I think Adria Diaz had his hands above his head for longer than two seconds in their third lift. Sadly they didn't show it in slowmotion and the angle isn't good, so it's hard to tell.

Welcome to Golden Skate, sneakypie! I think you are probably right, too, about the lift being illegal.

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Just a few ramblings on attending the Nebelhorn Trophy. First off, I would like to pass on kudos to Alex D. He saw everything I saw and noticed a lot more than I did. He also wrote up his observations with a wit and passion that is much better than anything I could have written. He also showed tremendous stamina with a schedule that was grueling for any serious spectator. For instance, on Thursday the competition started at 11:00 AM and ran until 11:20 PM with a 15 minute break between ladies and pairs, and a 20 minute break between pairs and dance. Alex D was there for all of that as well as some practices that occurred before the competition started. My wife and I didn't make it to the rink until the start of the first competition and gave up about 9:00 PM and went back to the room to watch dance finish up on German Eurosport. Thank you, Alex D for your keen observations and all the great write ups. I hope I get the opportunity to see you again at some future competition.

When I planned to come to Oberstdorf, I thought the competition would be very interesting--which it was--but I did not realize how painful it would be to watch so many skaters skate in the FP whose hopes for the Olympics had already been dashed or were in the process of being dashed. However it was glorious to watch those who took their opportunity and grabbed it, such as Kerstin Frank, Brooklee Han, and Anne Line Gjersem (congratulations to Norway, SaraM). They were a joy to watch and helped overcome the pain of watching some of the other skaters.

I thought it was great that the Nebelhorn allowed everyone to skate a long program, no matter how low they finished in the short. I made it a point to be present at the start of the Ladies Free so that I could applaud the effort of those who had to start early. Some of my favorite skaters were in the first two groups. I hope skaters like Lejeanne Marais of South Africa, Clara Peters of Ireland, and Crystal Kiang of Chinese Taipei realize how much some of us fans (like Alex D and me) appreciate the fact that they show up and skate as hard as they can regardless of their placements. I have had the opportunity to see the three skaters I mentioned several times and have always enjoyed their skating and applauded their efforts. One of the great pleasures of coming to watch a competition like this is to see skaters that you have never seen before as well as skaters you have seen before but will rarely, or never, see on television.

Thanks to all the posters who did play by play and who kept me up to date on who was qualifying for the Olympics.

Last thoughts before I go back to packing. I thought Lindsay and Rockne for the U.S. as well as Natasha and Mervin for Canada looked very promising given how little time they have been together. I wish both pairs good luck in their respective Nationals. I also really enjoyed the opportunity to see Radionova whom I had never seen before. All her programs, including the Gala were a real treat.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
PaulE:

Thank you for these wonderful observations. As we watch and track skaters in this Olympic season, we have to remember that the heart of sport is that someone gets to win, and others don't.

But, it's also nice to remember that there is more than one way to win. I love when skaters from non-powers do well. Even competing on the same ice can be a "win."