Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event

swurvestar

Rinkside
^^^ They'll skip over the skaters from countries that have already qualified for the Olympics, and count the top 6 skaters from the countries that haven't. So theoretically, if skaters from countries that have already qualified end up in places 1, 2, 5, 7, 8 then the skaters placing 3, 4, 6, 9, 10, 11 would get the Olympic spots for their countries. Remember spots go to the country federation, not the skater. Also, yes there are minimum TES requirements for SP and FS that the skater themselves must attain to participate in Olympics (and Worlds). But it doesn't necessarily have to be attained at Nebelhorn; minimums could have been earned last season or this season at one of many other international competitions. SP and FS minimum TES scores do not have to be earned during the same competition.

Wow! Thanks for your answer, that makes complete sense. I'm obviously not up on the IJS. Like a lot of you (I'm guessing) I competed during the 6.0 days.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
^^^ They'll skip over the skaters from countries that have already qualified for the Olympics, and count the top 6 skaters from the countries that haven't. So theoretically, if skaters from countries that have already qualified end up in places 1, 2, 5, 7, 8 then the skaters placing 3, 4, 6, 9, 10, 11 would get the Olympic spots for their countries. Remember spots go to the country federation, not the skater. Also, yes there are minimum TES requirements for SP and FS that the skater themselves must attain to participate in Olympics (and Worlds). But it doesn't necessarily have to be attained at Nebelhorn; minimums could have been earned last season or this season at one of many other international competitions. SP and FS minimum TES scores do not have to be earned during the same competition.

Do you know what happens if, say, places 3 and 4 in the example are from the same country?

Country
Russia
Addition.

Places 7, 8 (of that who pretend to Olympics spot) etc also have some sense.
If any federation can't use its place (for example, best skater of federation has injury, others have not minimum technical score) - this place is given to next in Nebelhorn (7th, 8th and so on).

Country
Russia
Do you know what happens if, say, places 3 and 4 in the example are from the same country?
Only one (best) place is taken into account, other is treated as "that who did not try to qualify to Olympics").
At most, only one skater of federation is at Nebelhorn. But may be exceptions.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Just arrived at Oberstdorf, lovely weather here :)

Those that are coming over, grab some short pants and armless shirts!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I don't think there is more than 1 skater from each country that is trying to get a spot, not sure though.

Per the Nebelhorn official announcement (p. 5)
http://www.eislauf-union.de/download/NT2013_OWG_Qualifying_Competition_announcement_0.pdf:
ISU Members who need to qualify in a discipline (have not yet earned the right to participate in that discipline at Olympic Winter Games 2014) will be allowed to enter only one Competitor/Couple into the respective discipline.

Just to let you know that I have just posted the Eurosport TV schedule for the Nebelhorn Trophy in the Good news everyone! (Nebelhorn) thread.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?41795&p=765814&viewfull=1#post765814

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

For reference, I have added the following to post #1 on Page 1 of this thread:
- Link to ISU page that in turn has links to Entries/Starting orders/Results [Thx, sky_fly20]
- Links to the Nebelhorn/Eurosport thread and to CLf's very informative post over there [Thx, CLf :bow:]
- Link to official Nebelhorn announcement (12-page PDF)​

GF2445

Record Breaker
Also, moderators
Is it possible to move all the senior b internationals to a new thread?
Especially with a big competition like Nebelhorn, which will be televised and where we need multiple threads for this event-
With thanks
GF2445

Country
Russia
Per the Nebelhorn official announcement (p. 5)
http://www.eislauf-union.de/download/NT2013_OWG_Qualifying_Competition_announcement_0.pdf:
ISU Members who need to qualify in a discipline (have not yet earned the right to participate in that discipline at Olympic Winter Games 2014) will be allowed to enter only one Competitor/Couple into the respective discipline.
We see two Men from Finland and two from Israel http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00028003.htm
Don't they qualify to Olympics?

I beleve may be exceptions.

IleK

On the Ice
This is like a bad dream to me. And it started out like a beautiful one. With Kiira finally changing coach, going to Rafael with big hopes for improving her jumps, and then seeing her asigned in both Nebelhorn and Finlandia and GP. A full season of Kiira! After 2 seasons of half competing and half missing due to injuries. Now I don't think she will make it to GP and there are chances not to see her at Olympics either:(. I wish I could be more optimistic but I am really really worried.
I like Juulia but she is no Kiira. She is the same level as she was in her first senior year. And I really hoped she could do more. But she had a disastrous SP at worlds and didn't qualify for the LP, so I can't dream too much. At euros she had a nice SP, she did her 3T-3T and scored around 51 points but then had a bad LP. I think she has chances for 5th o r 6th place if Madsen and Van Daele don't have their best skates. Han is a very consistent jumper.
And I will also be happy to see Juulia in Sochi is she qualifies a spot for Finalnd and Kiira can't make it. No finnish ladies would be very sad. I always liked them.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Also, moderators
Is it possible to move all the senior b internationals to a new thread?
Especially with a big competition like Nebelhorn, which will be televised and where we need multiple threads for this event-
With thanks
GF2445

Pleeeeease, mods. I think GF2445 is asking to move all Senior B threads to a new sub-forum under Competitions. :agree:
Some of us have been making the same request pertaining to other Senior Bs as well, but I agree that a new sub-forum esp. will help for Nebelhorn traffic. Thanks.

We see two Men from Finland and two from Israel http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00028003.htm
Don't they qualify to Olympics?

I beleve may be exceptions.

Thx for pointing out the exceptions, AlexRus. :) I was not aware.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Just coming back from the Ice Rink, some of the skaters already went through their routines, including some of the german skaters, like Daniel and Maylin (who btw. really rocks her outfit!).

Also our young pair Annabelle & Ruben were there, I really like their style - but I think I can "sing" Pirates of the Carrabean now backwards :D

Maxim and Tatjana are going to practice tomorrow shortly before midnight, but there is also an opportunity to catch them during the morning session, for those that dont like to go out in the dark :D

IleK

On the Ice
Just coming back from the Ice Rink, some of the skaters already went through their routines, including some of the german skaters, like Daniel and Maylin (who btw. really rocks her outfit!).

Also our young pair Annabelle & Ruben were there, I really like their style - but I think I can "sing" Pirates of the Carrabean now backwards :D

Maxim and Tatjana are going to practice tomorrow shortly before midnight, but there is also an opportunity to catch them during the morning session, for those that dont like to go out in the dark :D

Thank you for the news. Please write more if you can. I 'am already counting the hours until it begins. I'am happy beacuse it seems that Europsort Romania will broadcast the whole competition and the Gala but I'am still afraid they will change their mind on the last second and I will see snooker instead. Anyway, if we are lucky and have it all, I will post a link with our channel on line.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Thank you for the news. Please write more if you can. I 'am already counting the hours until it begins. I'am happy beacuse it seems that Europsort Romania will broadcast the whole competition and the Gala but I'am still afraid they will change their mind on the last second and I will see snooker instead. Anyway, if we are lucky and have it all, I will post a link with our channel on line.

Hahaha you got me cracking up at the snooker conment!! :p yees all links to live streams will be very much appreciated! In very excited too! Also there is a slim chance the norwegian girl will qualify, she is in great shape this season
Go Anne Line!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, looking at the list, only Gedevanishvili, Lafuente, Frank (maybe Han) are surely better than Julia, but if she lands some of her 3Ts and 3Ss she could actually make it to the top6... Go Julia!! I really want to see Kiira in Sochi!!

it would be a REAL shame not to se a skater of Kiiras caliber in Sochi...

so basically, Turkkila needs to land her triples to have Kiira compete in Sochi if she is ready, :eek:hwell:

Sad how many people are willing to just toss this other skater aside.

Me, I have a different view. If Turkkila qualifies the spot, SHE should be the one to go. SHE earned it, not Korpi. SHE did the hard yards and earned the spot, NOT KORPI. It is WRONG to just toss aside Turkkila, to use her as an instrument to say, "We want an Olympic spot so we can give it to this other skater". How demoralizing! Fancy knowing that your only purpose in this event, according to some, is to get a sport for another skater who may or may not be healthy again in time for the Olympics!

That Korpi is injured is NOT Turkkila's fault. She has received the chance to qualify and if she does, TURKKILA SHOULD GO.

Good Luck Danielle and Greg. All the best of luck!

Below is a news report about this team from the ABC in Australia- one of Australia's larger tv channels. Its a feel good story so if you are in a feel good mood this is a video for you :)

http://sochi2014.olympics.com.au/media/29BCFAB0-24DD-11E3-ACF0005056A37760

I hope Danielle and Greg qualify!!!!!!!!!!!