Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Well, looking at the list, only Gedevanishvili, Lafuente, Frank (maybe Han) are surely better than Julia, but if she lands some of her 3Ts and 3Ss she could actually make it to the top6... Go Julia!! I really want to see Kiira in Sochi!!
    it would be a REAL shame not to se a skater of Kiiras caliber in Sochi...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Well, looking at the list, only Gedevanishvili, Lafuente, Frank (maybe Han) are surely better than Julia, but if she lands some of her 3Ts and 3Ss she could actually make it to the top6... Go Julia!! I really want to see Kiira in Sochi!!
    so basically, Turkkila needs to land her triples to have Kiira compete in Sochi if she is ready,

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    I feel bad for Juulia...if she does manage to qualify the spot, there's a high chance she'd lose it to Kiira if Kiira's healthy enough. That's got to be kind of rough.

Tripping on the Podium
    Ok, so I'm not totally clear on these rules, forgive me.

For the skaters that are trying to gain Olympic spots, they must be in top 6 correct? Do the skaters that already qualified that place in top 6 get excluded? For example:

1. skater that previously qualified
    2. skater that needs to qualify
    3. skater that needs to qualify
    4. skater that needs to qualify
    5. skater that needs to qualify
    6. skater that needs to qualify
    7. skater that needs to qualify

Would skaters 2-7 qualify and those be the 6 spots or #7 doesn't qualify because it's top 6 not excluding already qualified skaters?

Sorry if I didn't explain my question correctly, I try again if needed. Also, despite all of this, the skaters need to reach the min score required for Olympics, correct? Are there any skaters strictly at this competition to achieve that or will be at gp comps to do that?

Custom Title
    ^^^ They'll skip over the skaters from countries that have already qualified for the Olympics, and count the top 6 skaters from the countries that haven't. So theoretically, if skaters from countries that have already qualified end up in places 1, 2, 5, 7, 8 then the skaters placing 3, 4, 6, 9, 10, 11 would get the Olympic spots for their countries. Remember spots go to the country federation, not the skater. Also, yes there are minimum TES requirements for SP and FS that the skater themselves must attain to participate in Olympics (and Worlds). But it doesn't necessarily have to be attained at Nebelhorn; minimums could have been earned last season or this season at one of many other international competitions. SP and FS minimum TES scores do not have to be earned during the same competition.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    ^^^ They'll skip over the skaters from countries that have already qualified for the Olympics, and count the top 6 skaters from the countries that haven't. So theoretically, if skaters from countries that have already qualified end up in places 1, 2, 5, 7, 8 then the skaters placing 3, 4, 6, 9, 10, 11 would get the Olympic spots for their countries. Remember spots go to the country federation, not the skater. Also, yes there are minimum TES requirements for SP and FS that the skater themselves must attain to participate in Olympics (and Worlds). But it doesn't necessarily have to be attained at Nebelhorn; minimums could have been earned last season or this season at one of many other international competitions. SP and FS minimum TES scores do not have to be earned during the same competition.
    Wow! Thanks for your answer, that makes complete sense. I'm obviously not up on the IJS. Like a lot of you (I'm guessing) I competed during the 6.0 days.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Just to let you know that I have just posted the Eurosport TV schedule for the Nebelhorn Trophy in the Good news everyone! (Nebelhorn) thread.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...l=1#post765814

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    Just to let you know that I have just posted the Eurosport TV schedule for the Nebelhorn Trophy in the Good news everyone! (Nebelhorn) thread.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Custom Title
    Do you know what happens if, say, places 3 and 4 in the example are from the same country?

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    so basically, Turkkila needs to land her triples to have Kiira compete in Sochi if she is ready,
    Yes, that's the truth, sadly...

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by draqq View Post
    Do you know what happens if, say, places 3 and 4 in the example are from the same country?
    I don't think there is more than 1 skater from each country that is trying to get a spot, not sure though.

Custom Title
    Addition.

Places 7, 8 (of that who pretend to Olympics spot) etc also have some sense.
    If any federation can't use its place (for example, best skater of federation has injury, others have not minimum technical score) - this place is given to next in Nebelhorn (7th, 8th and so on).

Custom Title
    Only one (best) place is taken into account, other is treated as "that who did not try to qualify to Olympics").
    At most, only one skater of federation is at Nebelhorn. But may be exceptions.

Columnist
    Just arrived at Oberstdorf, lovely weather here

Those that are coming over, grab some short pants and armless shirts!

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swurvestar View Post
    I don't think there is more than 1 skater from each country that is trying to get a spot, not sure though.
    Per the Nebelhorn official announcement (p. 5)
    http://www.eislauf-union.de/download...uncement_0.pdf:
    ISU Members who need to qualify in a discipline (have not yet earned the right to participate in that discipline at Olympic Winter Games 2014) will be allowed to enter only one Competitor/Couple into the respective discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan
    For reference, I have added the following to post #1 on Page 1 of this thread:
    - Link to ISU page that in turn has links to Entries/Starting orders/Results [Thx, sky_fly20]
    - Links to the Nebelhorn/Eurosport thread and to CLf's very informative post over there [Thx, CLf ]
    - Link to official Nebelhorn announcement (12-page PDF)

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 ... LastLast