Thornhill Summer Competition | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Thornhill Summer Competition

ForeverFish

Medalist
Thanks, zydeco88!

Well, Patrick didn't look too happy with that performance. He seemed to really struggle with his jumps...and here I thought he was going to kill himself trying to land quads in such a tiny rink. The music is pretty nice; the choreography is decent. I just hope he gets that 3A consistent before the season starts.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I'm very pro US skating but Chan is absolutely breathtaking to watch. He doesn't need quads or even triple axles to perform head & shoulders above his competitiors. This program is exquisite & will only improve as the months pass between now & the Olympics.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'm very pro US skating but Chan is absolutely breathtaking to watch. He doesn't need quads or even triple axles to perform head & shoulders above his competitiors. This program is exquisite & will only improve as the months pass between now & the Olympics.

This program is a really good starting point for him. The jumps aren't fully there yet (although his quads looked good even in the smaller rink). The choreography itself is very good as usual. It's not really a "character" or "story/theme"-driven piece, like Phantom and Aranjuez, but it's beautiful skating throughout and it can only get better as the season progresses.

samson

Medalist
Thanks for sharing. Chan looked so tired (understandably it's August) but boy once he gets that programed whipped into shape it's going to be beautiful. I love where it is going.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Costume issues aside, I enjoyed R/H's program quite a lot. Except the ending pose -- I wouldn't like that even if it didn't look like she was wearing only a thong and with her skirt having ridden all the way up, too. But the quick over the top move that led right into the ending pose was very eye-catching. Kharis just needs to end up in a different position at the end of the move.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Am I the only one who think Patrick Chan program was boring a very repetitive
Not really "boring" and "repetitive", but I don't think that it is as great as La Boheme, Aranjuez and POTO (which is still for me his best FS so far, for me), the music is obviously incredibly beautiful, but the choreography doesn't seem to highlight it... Maybe it will look better later in the season (I hope so)... :think: