Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thornhill Summer Competition

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I didn't recognize the music for either.

P&I 88.88
    R&H 85.48

I presume R&H's score includes a -1 costume violation for the piece of stuff that dropped to the ice just before the end of the program?
    I find it odd that P&I received no costume deduction for a rose falling off her dress yesterday, yet R&H get a deduction today - doesn't make sense?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    He did two quads and doubled the axel. Double some other jumps but the program looks good!! And yet was only 6 points behind Oda. hahaha
    Remember, the panel was all Canadian.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    blue eyed birds....I knew one of them was ..Thanks !

( when I was listening on youtube after the music was announced, that was the last piece I found.. )

Spending too much time at the arena CdnSkateWatcher's Avatar
    I'm not certain about R&H's costume deduction, however, she definitely had a wardrobe struggle that will need to be addressed going forward; in the last lift, the back of her panty portion had devolved into a near thong in appearance.

Custom Title
    I saw her costume on someone's hand and the whole lower portion was torn.
    It had become a thong in effect.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Sorry to say, that costume gave new meaning to the word "wedgie". It hurt just to look at it by the end of the program.

Custom Title
    Does Patrick even have a jump coach at this time? He needs a technical coach who can point out what he's doing wrong because that so called coach of his is nothing but a dance instructor who knows almost nothing about skating.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    doris...I wasn't going to be the first to mention it... Because I was so vocal when they debuted their latin SD 2 yrs. ago in a costume that wasn't ready ( in a very skimpy way ) ... This was most unfortunate , especially considering the final pose.

Poor Kharis !

~high art~
    Seems like he messed up the program. Well at least it looks better than his Phantom and Aranjuez, and will get better with more practices. I don't think the jumps looked that bad so early in the season, tbh I expected him to fall twice or something.

Miserere Nobis
    Thanks, zydeco88!

Well, Patrick didn't look too happy with that performance. He seemed to really struggle with his jumps...and here I thought he was going to kill himself trying to land quads in such a tiny rink. The music is pretty nice; the choreography is decent. I just hope he gets that 3A consistent before the season starts.

Custom Title
    Patrick Chan - video above is with limited access.

See Patrick Chan here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DOenppZEJw

I'm very pro US skating but Chan is absolutely breathtaking to watch. He doesn't need quads or even triple axles to perform head & shoulders above his competitiors. This program is exquisite & will only improve as the months pass between now & the Olympics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    I'm very pro US skating but Chan is absolutely breathtaking to watch. He doesn't need quads or even triple axles to perform head & shoulders above his competitiors. This program is exquisite & will only improve as the months pass between now & the Olympics.
    This program is a really good starting point for him. The jumps aren't fully there yet (although his quads looked good even in the smaller rink). The choreography itself is very good as usual. It's not really a "character" or "story/theme"-driven piece, like Phantom and Aranjuez, but it's beautiful skating throughout and it can only get better as the season progresses.

Custom Title
    Thanks for sharing. Chan looked so tired (understandably it's August) but boy once he gets that programed whipped into shape it's going to be beautiful. I love where it is going.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast