Cranberry Open 2013 | Golden Skate

Cranberry Open 2013

ForeverFish

Medalist
It's great to hear that Christina is also starting her season. Not the best competition for her, I agree, especially since she kept last year's SP. Hopefully she can get her feet under her now, and show up stronger at Skate America.

ETA: Oh, whoops. Didn't see the correction. Best of luck to everyone competing, then! :eek::

ForeverFish

Medalist
According to Sylvia, via Twitter:

Christina Gao leads after the SP with a score of 60.52 (3T-3T, 3Lo, 2A). Yasmin Siraj is in 2nd with 54.60, and Kiri Baga in third with 49.14.

A good start for Christina, but I was hoping that she'd try the 3F-3T in competition again.

FSGMT

Record Breaker

Christina Gao leads after the SP with a score of 60.52 (3T-3T, 3Lo, 2A). Yasmin Siraj is in 2nd with 54.60, and Kiri Baga in third with 49.14.

A good start for Christina, but I was hoping that she'd try the 3F-3T in competition again.
Me too... Anyway, a clean and easier program is always better than a more difficult one with more mistakes (as we learned during this last couple of years ;) ) and, still not great results for Siraj... I think that they should send Wang and Chen to JGP1

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Me too, but maybe she'll put it back in her FS. I think a clean SP with even the 3t-3t will be fine for her, but in the FS she really needs to maximize her BV by having 7 triples and a 3-3 where she has only a level 3 layback, does just one 2a, and does not get the same kind of GOE on spins (or edge jumps) that some of the other girls do. Although you think it would be easier to just train one 3-3 combo. I suppose though she could still do a 7 triple FS with a 3t-3t in the FS, it would just mean she'd have to take out the 3t-2t-2lo combo she did in the 2nd half of her FS last season, but if she did a layout like this with 2 combos in the 2nd half, then the base value would still be pretty high:

3t-3t
2a
3f
x3lz
x3f-2t
x3s
x3lo-2t-2lo

flying camel

Medalist
From Sylvia's twitter

Cranberry Open Sr Ladies FS 1-5 unofficial: K Baga 105 "went for it", C Gao 96 (3F3T), Y Siraj 93 (2 3Lz), N Rajicova SVK 87, A Buchanan 84

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I heard Castelli / Shnapir got 120 in their LP. They did 2t2t for the combo (apparently on purpose), 3S one of them fell, gorgeous 3S throw, stepout on a 4S throw. Program to Skyfall (James Bond)? Donlan Speroff scored lower?

In any case, videos are appearing here:
C/S LP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asJoyRa0D3s

samson

Medalist
Thanks for the link! Always great to get more videos - I always forget how fun August can be in the skating world until is IS August!

I like C/S LP. I think it suits them better than the tango last season, and that's a good score for them this early on. I have to say, I definitely think they're in the hunt for a top two finish this year but I think it could be tough for them. Still with nationals being in their backyard I'd love to see them pull it out and make the team.

Not sure what was up with Christina and her jump layout. Is she recovering from an injury? The 3t/3t looked great and the axel as well. Here's what I saw for jump layout:
3t/3t
2t
2axel
2t
3loop (fall out)
3sal (popped)
3loop (popped)

I wonder why the two double toes? Maybe something was going on with her right foot making tapping into the ice for flip and lutz difficult? I hate speculating and I don't want to start a rumor but it is curious.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Where can we find the official results? love love loveeed Christinas new FS :)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
\

Not sure what was up with Christina and her jump layout. Is she recovering from an injury? The 3t/3t looked great and the axel as well. Here's what I saw for jump layout:
3t/3t
2t
2axel
2t
3loop (fall out)
3sal (popped)
3loop (popped)

I wonder why the two double toes? Maybe something was going on with her right foot making tapping into the ice for flip and lutz difficult? I hate speculating and I don't want to start a rumor but it is curious.

Something must have been up with her Flip and lutz jumps. There's no other reason for that layout, especially after hitting her 3T-3T