Artur Gachinski | Golden Skate

Artur Gachinski

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Russian figure skater Artur Gachinski (Russian: Артур Гачинский) was born 13 August 1993 in Moscow, Russia.

It's been a rough few years for the little Prince, but here's hoping that this year he can rise again and fight for the glory of Russia!

For fun and flashback, here he is at 17 (oh! how young!), winning the bronze medal at Worlds with my personal favourite LP of his, The Bolt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOjOtPhqbX4

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Happy Birthday Artur! Thank you karne for posting the video, love that performance.
Artur has a lot of talent and charisma and my fingers are crossed that he puts it all together
this season and shines.

Maxi

Rinkside
I really hope he has a great season. People don't see much in him but when I first saw him skate at senior level I knew he was very talented. I really want him to prove that the world Bronze medal wasn't a fluke.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=MstFLi3jJJM
This is from his YouTube channel. I think it's one of the new programs. Mentally,he seems better.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Artur has been awarded the TBA spot at Cup of Russia! Hooray!

Maxi

Rinkside
Artur has been awarded the TBA spot at Cup of Russia! Hooray!

Thank you for the news! :) Do you have a link? I am so happy, finally some credit for his work. I really hope he can prove he deserves the spot over Kovtun to the Europeans.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Thank you for the news! :) Do you have a link? I am so happy, finally some credit for his work. I really hope he can prove he deserves the spot over Kovtun to the Europeans.
I also hope...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Here's to the start of a successful season, a magnificent comeback, and a fabulous flipping of the bird to the RFSF!

#plushyarturkostya4euros2014

gmyers

Record Breaker
I hope he continues to improve and beat people like kovtun like he did at 2013 Russian nationals.

Maxi

Rinkside
So happy for Artur! Congratulations and good luck!:bow:
I really hope this medal helped him get his confidence back. He really is a fighter.:clap:

ciocio

On the Ice
Russians should let their skaters alone to develop their own way and stop treating them as next Plushenko or next Yagudin. Yagudin and Plushenko belong to the past, Russia needs new FS stars. Even overhyped Kovtun could actually start landing his quads :rolleye: and have good results in senior competitions, without Tarasova's PR.
Gachinski is a lovely skater, he reminds me of Alexander Abt, I wish him luck. :thumbsup:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I really like the new Anna Karenina LP for him. It's lovely, the grey waistcoat suits him perfectly. (It's nice to see him in a colour other than black!)

However, what worried me most about Finlandia was not the popped jumps, no-credit steps or awkward spins, but rather, the speed at which he took his boots off. This indicates to me that the problem, whatever it was, was not entirely fixed.

lcd

Match Penalty
Anna Karenina threatened to be a very popular music choice this season but I am glad that there seem to be relatively few so far. It is a welcome match of skater and music. I appreciate not seeing him black this season too :agree:

Kiss&Cry

Spectator
Saw Artur at Skate America. My heart broke for him. He had a VERY nasty fall in Practice on Thursday-I mean, usually skaters are VERY quick to get up when they fall, but Artur simply could not get up! I was terrified for him. On Friday, he seemed still sore and his movements seemed affected. But he skated his short. Crash landed the quad, stumbled out of another jump, then fell again. I don't think it was all the injury, although his back has been injured for a long time, and that horrid fall certainly didn't help very much! he has been, lately, in the habit of ripping those boots off really fast after he skates. He was 8th out of 8 men in the SkAm short, and in the field in which he was skating, there's really no coming back from that. HOWEVER...his Free Skate was, I thought, inspired. He still managed to end up last.
THIS is what I find interesting..Artur, for most of the competition, was the ONLY one to successfully land a quad, and was STILL behind all of the others. Rippon was lovely, but he crahsed his quad lutz face first into the camera. Max Aaron fell and stumbled through the first half of his program, I think the only skater that didn't fall down was Machida!! So WHY were Artur's PCS scores so horribly low? I studied the protocols for the competition, and noticed a WIDE disparity between the marks given to the European skaters (Artur and Sasha Majorov of Sweden) and the PCS given to the others. (3 US men and 3 Japanese) Takahashi (whom I adore, personally) was a hot mess, and finished ahead of Artur!! Artur's ONLY mistake was a split/fall out of a triple late in the program..he should have been WAY higher in the scoring. One judge actually gave Artur a 5 for his PCS!! That's like novice scoring! I think that, in the USA & Canada, there is a bias...failing that, perhaps PCS isn't taught the way it is in the West and in Japan, and European skaters come out with much less understanding of that section of the COP. SOMETHING needs done. NO WAY Artur skated worse than many of the men who competed at Skate America. NO WAY. That is JMHO. I also heard comments that he was 'disconnected' from his music (THAT was a commentator) and all I could scream was "He's injured, you IDIOT!! Don't you even KNOW that??" But he skated anyway. He did not withdraw, and I thought, redeemed himself nicely in the free. His scores dod not adequately reflect this..although he did score above poor Majorov in this section of the comp, but not overall, sadly. Artur was very quiet leaving Detroit. I just wanted to hug hin and cry FOR him. Because he is SUCH a soldier to even go out and skate at all following that injury. And then to do so well in the free and be marked so horribly...
Machida WAS the clear winner. Adam Rippon was a good second. Max Aaron a so-so third. I don't think Artur should have finsihed on the podium, no. I think 5th would have been appropriate scoring for him there. But overcoming THAT much of a defecit after the short would have been an enormous task.

Either way, I am SO proud of him, and am pleased that he saw my "Team Gachinsky" shirt and smiled. I wish a speedy recovery and a true return to form for Artur. His short from Memorial Panin was amazing. And his free from Finlandia left me breathless. If he puts THOSE 2 programs together at COR.....:party2: