Artur Gachinski | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Artur Gachinski

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well he says in the interview about it:
and again, about having his nice memories from his work in St. Petersburg.
I think he is honest and fair. Not blaming anyone. When he says about Tat: "you can't contradict her. But then you don't really want to. I trust her completely, if she tells me to do something I go and do it."
He also added: "It is how it used to be with Alexey Nikolaevich, but at some point that thread broke. "
I know, I read the interview as well. It's just it's still sad. Like I had a close friend, but once things drifted apart and we are no longer friend anymore. It's sad and it could have been better. Well, Since it's his choice I hope he will not regret it. I know Tat is good at polishing so I also think it's a good move for him. I hope he will give Kovtun a run for his money.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks to TAHbKA for the translation, here is an interesting interview with Artur.
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?92843-Gachinski-I-haven-t-spoken-to-Mishin-since

Gutwrenchingly sad, but honest, and he sounds very mature and grown-up now. I like that he talks of the positive times with Mishin (and confirms the old report that 4Lo, 4Lz, 4F were in his arsenal), but he seems excited about the new direction, and I'm glad.

I hope he does well this year. I'd love to see him take to everyone but particularly Kovtun.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link to the interview, Alba. A very interesting read.

I think a lot of relationships simply run their course and nobody is at fault.
This, pretty much. I've found no evidence that either Mishin was a bad coach or Artur was a bad student. They got to World and European medals, and Artur learned a lot from Mishin over the years, but somewhere down the line the relationship wasn't working anymore.

I even understand why Artur couldn't bring himself to speak with Mishin since the split. I would've done the same thing--it would just be too painful to face your former coach in that situation, especially someone you've been with since you were a little boy.

Onto happier things: Quad loop? Another person wants a new quad. :popcorn:

Maxi

Rinkside
Thank you Alba for the updates :) I am anxious to see his LP. I also wonder how Tarasova sees him in comparison to Kovtun, I hopes she will bring up his natural talent this season and make a comeback.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Artur won the Cup of Russia qualifying round today with a score of 240.49. Not bad at all. I hope he will stay on a positive trajectory - he might have a good chance yet of making it to the GP final.

SP
LP

Meoima

Match Penalty
His jumps have scary height I am worried for his back. But anyways he's really good at this time before season. Not many men can skate as cleanly as he is now.
But...why all black...???? Liza and Artur, why???

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
His jumps have scary height I am worried for his back. But anyways he's really good at this time before saeson. Not many man can skate as cleanly as he is now.
But...why all black...???? Liza and Artur, why???

Liza branched out...she has a dark purple costume too :biggrin: But yeah, most of my favorite Russians are addicted to black...Plushy and Sergei too. At least Artur stays away from the mesh shirts though.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I loooooooooooooooooooove the LP, it looks so great! Especially with the quads in it - Artur's back! Watch out Kovtun, he's coming for you!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
It's time for Artur's second GP, so I thought it's time to revive this thread a little.

I admit, I'm not optimistic. :cry: There is still a lot to like about his skating, and I'm still rooting for him. But watching him at Skate America was quite hard.

I remind myself that even when he was medalling at Worlds and Europeans, he didn't tend to do well in the GP... but at this rate I'm worried he'll be dropped off the Worlds team even if he places Top 2 at Nationals.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I keep thinking about how long that plane ride must have been back to Russia with TAT yelling at him all the way. :laugh: Wonder if he still thinks it was the right thing to leave Mishin. He was so promising in his first competition (at home), and so many of the men have done badly in the GP, it's tough to draw any conclusions just yet.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
The problem with Artur is that it's not just one bad competition. He's been slipping for over two years now; I'm worried he's running out of time to rebuild. He's not only got Kovtun/Voronov/Menshov, but also younger skaters like Pitkeev and Petrov. Though, I guess I shouldn't be worried about Russian men and "time." :laugh:

It's true no one on the GP circuit except Machida and Mura have been convincing. But 9th is tied for Artur's worst GP result ever.

Sorry for sounding so depressing. It's just that, when I felt myself drifting away from Artur and boarding the Petrov train... :slink: Okay, I shouldn't give up! Let's cheer for a good skate at CoR. At the very least he shouldn't get yelled at by TAT again.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am surprised at all the doom and gloom in this thread! Yeah, the results at Skate America weren't great, but what I saw there had me really excited.

Say it with me, folks: The only two mistakes Artur made in the LP were a fall on one quad (he landed the other) and one popped Axel (he did the other properly).

Ignore the score and look at the protocol. He's on his way back. Yeah, he didn't do any more combinations, I think he got muddled in his head. And that's fine. But I saw enough there to get me properly excited. He looks good, he looks strong, his jumps look strong. I think his time is coming. Just like the Queen has returned for the ladies, so the Prince will rise once more, and defend against all!

adelia

Record Breaker
Second last chance for Artur. Bomb this, fail to finish top 4 at Nationals and I don't know what Tat will do next. There is a limit to her patience, especially when her reputation is at stake.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Second last chance for Artur. Bomb this, fail to finish top 4 at Nationals and I don't know what Tat will do next. There is a limit to her patience, especially when her reputation is at stake.

I was watching Artur's Worlds 2011 LP again when I noticed something, recently, that I had not noticed before. They cut to a shot of Tatiana, in the audience, watching, just after Artur has finished. She is beaming, and applauding, and she looks so pleased for him. I think Tatiana has probably had her eye on him for a long time, but Artur wanted to stick it out with Mishin...I don't think she'd throw him aside after one season. I think she's smart enough to know she can't just wave a wand and fix all of his problems at once, especially not the psychological ones.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Well, I don't think TAT will drop Artur after one season. That'd be rather short-sighted. It's not like any of the Russian men are setting the world on fire.

But I feel like if Artur is to make a big push--to contend for European/World titles and Olympic medals in the future--he has to pull out something major this season. He doesn't need to be perfect, but he needs to be good enough that the judges will take a second look at him.

I... don't think SA achieved that. This year is an opportunity for Artur, with Pitkeev not yet comfortable in seniors and Petrov still in juniors. If he messes up... well, he can still keep skating and make the team in the future. I just wanted something a bit more for him.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
It is interesting to remember that giving up on Artur could be read as a personal defeat for TAT: she "beat" Mishin with Yagudin, she cannot lose with Artur... ;)