Sandhu to hit the ice again at B.C. Summer | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sandhu to hit the ice again at B.C. Summer

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I get that impression too. I dont get the sense the CSA is that fond of Rogozine, despite that he is a World Junior Champion and did respectable at his first Worlds. I have also heard from various people that he is not that well liked by some of his teammates and those in the organization. I also admit I dont care for his skating. I find all he has is jumps, and he doesnt even have a solid quad which is a must if you are just a jumping bean.

So I still think that 3rd spot is anyones for the taking, and I think if Sandhu put on a great performance he could easily beat someone like Rogozine on PCS (TES is another story and would be alot harder).

It's unfortunate to hear that he's not well liked. I think his jumping elements are good, and he has solid technique, but I agree that his skating is kinda blah. I would love to see Liam Firus take the third spot. He was really close last season, in spite of initially not even thinking of doing Nationals and he's a great skater to watch.

Do any Canadian skaters other than Chan and Reynolds have a consistent quad (or even landed quads internationally)?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
What jumps does Balde attempt?

Usually 3A's. I think he's been working up to a quad but he's so far just tripled it in his FS. While I really enjoy Balde's performance, his skating skills and inconsistency make even Rogozine a much more optimal choice for the 3rd spot.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I agree; I just seemed to remember that Balde was trying quads, but didn't remember whether he had succeeded with landing one in a competition yet?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
So is Sandu competing or working towards Natoinals or is he a done deal? I wish someone would have helped him earlier and paid for him to train all year who knows where he would be.

noskates

Record Breaker
I always enjoyed Sandhu's skates....but I always was sitting there waiting for him to self-destruct. I don't see him figuring in the Canadian Nationals at all. But he's sooo intertaining to watch. Wish he could get on some kind of a professionial tour. Do they exist any more?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Not much professional tours left but Iwould love to see Sandu give it one more try but a serious try. Last year he was soundertrained, using an old routine and an old costume. He clearly was rusty - slow and jumps not all back and spins not well centred or fast