Cesario, Rippon, and Zhang/Bartholomay Receive SkAm Spots | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Cesario, Rippon, and Zhang/Bartholomay Receive SkAm Spots

lcd

Match Penalty
As far as "giving younger guys a shot" USFS now has the benefit of a US-based Senior B event with which to do so on "home turf" early in the season. I realize a Senior B is not the same as a Grand Prix/Skate America, but it is better than prior year's (pre 2013) nothing, as far as options for those who get left out of TBA slots.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
My guess is Jason gets either a second GP as a substitute or a senior B later in the fall like Ice Challenge or Golden Spin, so hopefully it will all work out for him. Plus his being in such good form so early had me worried about him peaking to soon, so maybe it's better he gets a rest now before TEB so he can use the time to get his 3a on one foot and practice the program with the quad in it before then, rather than worry about having everything in his program totally good to go right now.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Jason is nowhere near his best of the season -- yet. Both outings have had mistakes he usually doesn't make later in the season.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Jason just got Nebelhorn, so that's good news at least. There still is time for him to get another GP as a substitute if people pull out.

ffionhanathomas

On the Ice
Definitely interested to see Cesario (LOVE her 'Fever' SP and want to see where the technical panel stand on her 3L-3L) and Rippon competing in particular. Good choice with Z/B also I think.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Jason just got Nebelhorn, so that's good news at least. There still is time for him to get another GP as a substitute if people pull out.

This is particularly good news because Nebelhorn this year, as an Olympic qualifier, not only lets the skater earn points; scores also go on the season's best list for next year. But I'd still love to see Jason get another slot :cry:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This is particularly good news because Nebelhorn this year, as an Olympic qualifier, not only lets the skater earn points; scores also go on the season's best list for next year. But I'd still love to see Jason get another slot :cry:

Don't worry, he'll get SkAm when Lysacek pulls out. :)

noskates

Record Breaker
Maybe they're spreading things out so that none of these top skaters risks getting injured. I would rather have seen someone other than Zhang go....but, that's personal preference and has nothing to do with the scheme of things. I don't find her skating very inspiring, altho she's beautiful on the ice. Just doesn't have that "it" factor. As far as Adam Rippon - he's always been a personal favorite and I think he either does something this year or fades into history. Obviously the USFSA sees something in him worth giving him another chance.