Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cesario, Rippon, and Zhang/Bartholomay Receive SkAm Spots

Miserere Nobis
    Josh has two GP assignments--Skate Canada and the Rostelecom Cup.

Has anyone heard or seen any news about Adam? I wonder if he has been working with a sports psychologist, I hope so anyway. It seem the only one standing in his way is him. I think he is a really good skater who offers the entire package, I still hold out hope for him, call me crazy.

Custom Title
    My guess is that with Jason at #22 on the SB list and Adam #29, they figured Jason would be more likely to get a second GP as a replacement.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Josh has two GP assignments--Skate Canada and the Rostelecom Cup.
    Oops. Sorry, I should have printed the list out instead of relying on memory. Missed his Russian assignment.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    My guess is that with Jason at #22 on the SB list and Adam #29, they figured Jason would be more likely to get a second GP as a replacement.
    Sad but true, hosts often pick replacements who offer the least competition to their own skaters. Adam has medaled in the GP in the past and has been skating senior for many years. Jason is a newbie, and has had no senior experience, so he would be more likely to be picked as a replacement than Adam.

Miserere Nobis
    Hmm. Maybe Courtney isn't skating on the JGP this season, after all. I could have sworn I saw an article mentioning it, though...

It's quite strange that she isn't vying for any major international exposure before Nationals, especially since she won GF and her goal is to make the Olympics. Then again, though, she can still skate at Jr. Worlds next season, whereas Samantha is no longer eligible and likely won't receive any other assignments as big as SA.

I still think that Jason should have gotten the SA spot, since he's ranked ahead of Adam on SB and isn't guaranteed a replacement spot anywhere else, but whatever. It is what it is.

Custom Title
    Usfs wants to boost Aaron so lysacek and rippon make sense.

Miserere Nobis
    True, but I don't foresee Jason (a newbie) besting Max (who gained a lot of international respect at 4CC and Worlds) at any events this season, especially not if Max follows through with his five-quad plan.

Custom Title
    In terms of excitement generating newcomers brown is totally up there with Aaron. Struggling rippon and no quad lysacek even if he is olympic champion under thr old scoring are both sub Aaron.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Sad but true, hosts often pick replacements who offer the least competition to their own skaters. Adam has medaled in the GP in the past and has been skating senior for many years. Jason is a newbie, and has had no senior experience, so he would be more likely to be picked as a replacement than Adam.
    Exactly. Adam has been skating Senior for many years without a lot of success. He's medaled one time in his last six events in the last three years. His skating has stagnated. It's time to give the younger guys a shot.

Custom Title
    As far as "giving younger guys a shot" USFS now has the benefit of a US-based Senior B event with which to do so on "home turf" early in the season. I realize a Senior B is not the same as a Grand Prix/Skate America, but it is better than prior year's (pre 2013) nothing, as far as options for those who get left out of TBA slots.

Custom Title
    My guess is Jason gets either a second GP as a substitute or a senior B later in the fall like Ice Challenge or Golden Spin, so hopefully it will all work out for him. Plus his being in such good form so early had me worried about him peaking to soon, so maybe it's better he gets a rest now before TEB so he can use the time to get his 3a on one foot and practice the program with the quad in it before then, rather than worry about having everything in his program totally good to go right now.

Jason is nowhere near his best of the season -- yet. Both outings have had mistakes he usually doesn't make later in the season.

Custom Title
    Jason just got Nebelhorn, so that's good news at least. There still is time for him to get another GP as a substitute if people pull out.

Custom Title
    Definitely interested to see Cesario (LOVE her 'Fever' SP and want to see where the technical panel stand on her 3L-3L) and Rippon competing in particular. Good choice with Z/B also I think.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast