Hochstein moves into 2014 with a quad-triple | Golden Skate

Hochstein moves into 2014 with a quad-triple

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2013 Skate Detroit was a victorious homecoming for USA’s Grant Hochstein who won the event and landed a quadruple toe-triple toe for the first time in competition.

More

Go Grant! Hometown boy makes good. :)

He's all in tight with Michelle. He was even invited to her wedding, but he couldn't go because it interfered with U.S. Nationals. He said it was all he could do not to spill the beans, since he knew about the wedding long before it was publicly announced.

From the picture, is he only as tall as Michelle?

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
He looks the same height as Michelle, but I bet she has very high heels on. His bio only lists him at 5'5" which is probably correct.

His 4t/3t at Skate Detroit was a beauty!

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
This is interesting .......

" For example, I really love training with Caroline Zhang. We have been pushing each other really hard.”

We haven't been getting much indication of how Caroline is doing, but if she's pushing a guy with a quad-triple really hard, she must be doing pretty well.

Caroline got Skate America!

Grant and Caroline have another thing in common, too -- their reaction the first time Michelle gave them a one-on-one coaching session. IIRC Caroline said something like, I couldn't believe I was standing there talking to Michelle Kwan! Michelle Kwan was talking to me! Everything she said flew in one ear and out the other." :)

lcd

Match Penalty
Now that Fox sports has launched, I wonder if MK will be at Skate America to do some "homework" on the skaters she will be covering for the Olympics. With a skater from her home rink there (Caroline) there would be an obvious reason for her to attend as well, though I realize she is not Caroline's coach.

So happy for Grant to be having these inspiring opportunities, like interacting with MK. It is really showing in his skating so far. Wish him nothing but the best for this upcoming season.