Ondrej Nepela Trophy 2013: Oct 2-5 [Bratislava, Slovakia] | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ondrej Nepela Trophy 2013: Oct 2-5 [Bratislava, Slovakia]

Sara

On the Ice
I didn't like Gao's programme too much either. Her coach Mark Mitchell has done both her SP and FP choreo. Is he well-known in the US as choreographer? Interesting choice. Poor Christina, she wasn't lucky today.. Who got silver?
Edit: Christina's ISU bio hasn't been updated for this season. I'm not sure who has done the choreos (2012-2013 it was Mitchell).

Sara

On the Ice
The results are still not out there :confused: I hope Finlandia Trophy won't experience similar problems with the results service and camera work...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The Medal Ceremony has just started, but the new stream hasn't yet (hope it won't wait for the good stuff to start like happened with the Ladies FS earlier!)

Like the actual competitions we have been watching today, the new stream will be on the same page ( http://live.huste.tv/stream/04-10-13-z-ondrej-nepela-trophy-2013-dvojice )

Click on the bottom button (labelled "Ondrej Nepela Trophy Víťazná ceremónia Krasokorčuľovanie /") on the list to the right of the video screen for the Medal Ceremony.

But, it's still on the Ladies FS stream for the moment.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The Medal Ceremony has just started, but the new stream hasn't yet (hope it won't wait for the good stuff to start like happened with the Ladies FS earlier!)

But, it's still on the Ladies FS stream for the moment.

The stream just changed over... AFTER THE CEREMONIES WERE OVER!!!

You gotta laugh

CaroLiza_fan

Sara

On the Ice
I've never heard of Karly Robertson. She received better score than Jenna. On what basis does the UK decide who will be sent to Sochi?

icellist

On the Ice
Go Haruka! I hope she can carry the Japanese ladies the next quad if she continues. Become her own skater like Akiko. So glad she won this competition. Does anybody know her FS music? Clips?

tulosai

Record Breaker
I've never heard of Karly Robertson. She received better score than Jenna. On what basis does the UK decide who will be sent to Sochi?

Probably their Nationals, with some consideration to other season competitions like most nations. I'd be interested in a more definite answer if anyone knows though.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Karly is Scottish and, like Jenna, she trains at the rink in Dundee with Simon and Debi Briggs.

She has been finishing second behind Jenna in British Nationals for the past 6 years.

Here's her Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karly_Robertson

As for how they decide who to send to Sochi, I don't know! But, as I am from Northern Ireland, and Jenna is from Northern Ireland, I obviously want Jenna to go!

CaroLiza_fan

80sskatergirl

Rinkside
Oh dear! Christina's FP is not very good...:no: Her choreographer should be fired!

Yes, I agree, way too much arm flailing!! It was very distracting. She is a lovely skater, but this routine doesn't do her any favors. I think he choreographed Ross Miner's programs too. I enjoyed Ross' short but now I'm worried about what his long program looks like after seeing Christina's :confused:

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
does anyone know if You tube Videos will go up for the Short Dance like they did for Men's, Ladies, and Pairs

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I love Nikol and Victoria's FS.
Nikol has very good presentation, and detailed choreography. I think Russian staters in general got very tailored choreography, and they have fair amount of dance training.
Gao's original choreography may not be bad; she may not be the person who can deliver it.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
I love Nikol and Victoria's FS.
Nikol has very good presentation, and detailed choreography. I think Russian staters in general got very tailored choreography, and they have fair amount of dance training.
Gao's original choreography may not be bad; she may not be the person who can deliver it.

i totally agree with you, the program itself is not so bad that people here are saying, i actually like the music and dramatic choreo, but gao is just not the skater to show this program justice... im disappointed i dont think she gets that 3 spot if she continues like this...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ayesha CAMPBELL / Shane SEDEN (NZL)

Loved the Leona Lewis "Bleeding Love" music. But what on Earth was the second music?! It sounded like the microphone was next to a railway line, and a train was going past!

Mind you, they went over to the referee afterwards, so it might have been a fault with the track.

Great to see a Kiwi team in a skating competition! It doesn't happen too often. And, they were pretty good, too! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
While I appreciate that having the live stream is better than nothing, I wish for next year the organizers can come up with better camera positions, audio capture, and a way to keep track of who's skating and scoring on screen. It's a bit hard to follow. The contrast with the Finlandia stream production is striking.