Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: JGP Baltic Cup 2013 Entries are up

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky85 View Post
    Apparently, she was born in Toronto, Canada and trains in both Canada and China.
    She is probably a Chinese citizen, but what made me wonder was there is no record of her doing any Chinese domestic competition or international competition. And why sending her instead of other young Chinese ladies who have a good record, considering the slots for junior Chinese ladies are really limited.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    She is probably a Chinese citizen, but what made me wonder was there is no record of her doing any Chinese domestic competition or international competition. And why sending her instead of other young Chinese ladies who have a good record, considering the slots for junior Chinese ladies are really limited.
    As far as I know this Christina Rae YAN does not have Chinese citizenship since she's born in Canada. YAN's bio shows a new coach YU LIJIE who ever she is should be blamed for "giving" this entry to YAN.
    I would not defame this Christina Rae YAN but [URL="http://tracings.net/yan-chri.html"]her Competitive History in Canada[/URL] could not get her qualified for JGP NEITHER representing Canada NOR China. She participated in Chinese national 2013 just a few weeks ago specially marked "testing" hence her score did not show in the final results. Though she competed as senior ladies there are at least 6 eligible skaters got better score than YAN including the junior skaters.

In August YAN was still in [URL="http://www.skatecanada-centralontario.com/Irma/Summer%20Skate%202013/jw2rs.pdf"]Canada Summer Skate 2013[/URL] representing Granite Club in Junior Women and got 39.46+50.33 total 89.79

Custom Title
    THank you for the info. It is getting really interesting, or... simply a mistake.

Rinkside
    YAN's name has been removed from entries list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2