Post here your predictions for the JGP events! My predictions for JGP1 (one week to go!):
MEN I don't know about the American boys: how strong are they?
1) Boyang Jin
2) Shoma Uno
3) M. C. Martinez
1) Karen Chen
2) Evgenia Medvedeva
3) Serafima Sakhanovich (this could change if what AlexRus suggested happens)
ICE DANCE this is very difficult since most of the teams are relatively "unknown"
3) one of the Russian couples? I really don't know...
1. Sotskova (or Sakhanovich)
I doubt Sakhanovich will be first. They say she is in a bad shape right now - her jumps are not pristine
I doubt Sakhanovich will be at first JGP Event.
Originally Posted by koatcue
Most probably she will be substituted by Sotskova, and have later JGP Events.
the Golden Era
1 Shoma Uno
2 Jin Boyang
3 Michael Christian Martinez
*Girls ( if they don't sub Sakhanovich to a later JGP event who looked bad on the test skate )
(If they sub Sakhanovich with Sotskova)
* Ice Dance
1 Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER
2 Mackenzie BENT / Garrett MACKEEN
3 Kristina BAKLANOVA / Andrei BAGIN
* Pairs , finally no Fedorova/Miroshkin competition, it will be Vigalova/Zakroave's chance to shine
1 Maria VIGALOVA / Egor ZAKROEV
2 Xiaoyu YU / Yang JIN
3 Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV
If Yu-Jin or Tarasova-Morosov have a meltdown , Chernevskaya/Souza-Cordeiro (mini Szolkowy ) will sneak in the podium
Looks like Sakhanovich wont be there... i really think Karen Chen could win this event
My updated predictions for Ladies (it begins in just two days!):
1) Nam Nguyen (after watching his programs at the summer competition I think that he could really be one of the best in the world as a Junior this year)
2) Nathan Chen
3) Ryuju Hino
1) Polina Edmunds
2) Alsu Kaiumova
3) Rika Hongo
3) Sforza/Fioretti (I hope... but Evdokimova/Bazin could medal, too)